Drivers Licence Bangkok

Sorry, I asked this before, not really clear.

I am on a Non - O multiple (I do not report or make an annual extension).

I live in a flat with my wife, she is signatory on lease - but apt manager happy to sign paper of my habitation here for nearly two years.

Only official Thai paperwork I have is MFA affadavit freedom to marry and the notarized us doc as well.

What do I need?

What steps do I take?

Thanks.

What do you mean you don't report ?

Do you mean you don't do a 90 day report ? If so, then you may run into problems at Immigration trying to get a Certificate of Residence so it would appear to me that your only option is to obtain one at the US Embassy since the Land Transport Department is going to want something more than a "paper of my habitation here " to prove your address so that they will issue you a DL

Since this appears to be your first Thai license (one year) you will need a medical certificate in addition to your US drivers license and the before mentioned Residence Certificate

You need to be on a non-imm visa. No need to be on an extension.

If you have not filed a 90 day report, immigration cannot issue an address certificate for you. But an address confirmation from your embassy will be accepted.

The health cert has already been mentioned. Go to any local doc or clinic and say you need it for tbe DL, theyll know forwhat to check (last-stage zyphillis, elephantitis etc) and will give you the right form.

They will take pictures there, you dont need to bring any.

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App

Not to be flippant - but are you serious? One of the criterion is a health certificate?

I will need a paper from my embassy at 50usd?

This is all way to much hassle and expense, I just want an id card. I would not even feel good about not carrying my pp on long travels -if the cops check my id onbus and all I have is the card and they want the pp (visa date or tm card) Im screwed.

Another why bother scenario like getting Thai PR.

THANKS KINDLY!

What you have been told is the way to get a DL in your situation if you need one for ID, the other thing is you don't need to carry your original passport around with you a photocopy of the main ID pages is sufficient.smile.png

Edited by Kwasaki

Not to be flippant - but are you serious? One of the criterion is a health certificate?

I will need a paper from my embassy at 50usd?

This is all way to much hassle and expense, I just want an id card. I would not even feel good about not carrying my pp on long travels -if the cops check my id onbus and all I have is the card and they want the pp (visa date or tm card) Im screwed.

Another why bother scenario like getting Thai PR.

THANKS KINDLY!

Typical TV response. Ask how to do something and then shoot the messenger because it is now too much trouble. I guess the same is true for getting a permission to stay based upon marriage, you prefer to do visa runs every 90 days

What you have been told is the way to get a DL in your situation if you need one for ID, the other thing is you don't need to carry your original passport around with you a photocopy of the main ID pages is sufficient.smile.png

The new passport card you can get for an extra $15 when you renew a US passport are handy as well.