Are There Movies You Watch Over And Over?

gisele

I do not understand the attraction of 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' personally I find it rubbish. However if it brings pleasure to other people; then all well and good.

I suspect these same people who love 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' have some kind of 'humour deficiency syndrome', they probably 'don't like' comedy genius like 'Fawlty Towers'.

Just my view, I am with mittheimp on this!

Oh well said! A minority of two, but we have right on ourside!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Mia Sara in Ferris Bueler's Day off?

:D

:D:D

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Directed by John Hughes

Writing credits John Hughes

Tagline: One Man's Struggle To Take It Easy (more)

Plot Outline: A high school wise guy is determined to have a day off from school, despite of what the principal thinks of that

Cast overview, first billed only:

Matthew Broderick .... Ferris Bueller

Alan Ruck .... Cameron Frye

Mia Sara .... Sloane Peterson

:o

How come no one has mentioned Forrest Gump? To me it's one of the most honest and sincere movies of all times. Forget about American history references - just look at the life and struggle of one man. Far better than the original book.

I have to say that I can't force myself to sit through it again, but I have watched it at least a dozen times.

Another movie that I've seen a lot of times is Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise. They have tried to work magic, and it happened. Maybe not in the empty Times Square episode, but overall. Dreams that look so real you don't know when you started lying to yourself. Or maybe it was the soundtrack - it's mesmerising. From Bob Dilan to Leftfield - now that's the long way to put the tracks together.

Pulp Fiction has been mentioned. I haven't watched it in a while, but, I think it still retains some novelty, just like ten years ago.

What about Austin Powers? Hasn't he been a phenomenon?

And, hmm, Natural Born Killers, at least for the raw power.

I do not understand the attraction of 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' personally I find it rubbish. However if it brings pleasure to other people; then all well and good.

I suspect these same people who love 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' have some kind of 'humour deficiency syndrome', they probably 'don't like' comedy genius like 'Fawlty Towers'.

Just my view, I am with mittheimp on this!

Man, there are some real snobs out there. Yeah, I like ferris and I like Basil. :D

How many friends you got by the way? :o

Am I the only Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness/Bruce Campbell fan out there?

This is my Boom Stick!

Oh yeah, love those movies! :D

As far as Thai films go I watched "The Bodyguard" and "Ong Bak" more than once , Tony Jaa cracks me up.

Classic films (IMO)

Jacobs Ladder

AI

Full Metal Jacket

Papillon

Apocalypse Now

How the West was won

se7en

The Devils Rejects

Jaws

Deliverance

Spinal Tap

The Outlaw Josey Wales

The Shining

Betty Blue

The Last Emperor

Cuckoos Nest

Blues Brothers

The Song Remains The same

True Romance

The Last Samurai

Gladiator

Ronin

Me Myself and Irene

Napoleon Dynamite

Leon

Edited by chonabot

I watched a really great film last night here in Thailand. I bought it on DVD from one of the big chain stores. The film was called ‘Dear Frankie’. I think it’s a recent release. It’s a small movie filmed in Scotland about a single mother and her deaf son. It is the best film I have seen in a very long time. It won’t appeal to the Hollywood explosion fest fan’s out there, but otherwise I recommend it.

Pulp Fiction - Best dialogue EVER in any movie!

The Godfather - The ULTIMATE movie!

The Godfather II - The 2nd best ULTIMATE movie!

The Lemon Drop Kid - Very old Bob Hope comedy, the best in my opinion from the King of Movie Comedy!

Anything Laurel & Hardy - Superb, classic slapstick!

Can watch these movies anytime, anywhere and generally do!

TV:

If I feel like a good giggle, I never get bored with my Del Boy collection or Auf Wiedersehn Pet. I'm waiting for delivery of The Young Ones & Blackadder box sets at the moment. Not movies I know, but still classics!

Blazing Saddles,

Any Monty Python,

I'm sick I know.

It's about 25 years ago now, but there was a cinema in Dublin that showed a double bill every Saurday night of...

Blazing Saddles and The Holy Grail.

I went nearly every week for years! I know it's sad, I can reel off the script to either of them...

Blazing Saddles,

Any Monty Python,

I'm sick I know.

It's about 25 years ago now, but there was a cinema in Dublin that showed a double bill every Saurday night of...

I went nearly every week for years! I know it's sad, I can reel off the script to either of them...

Wow , they did the same in Bristol when I was about 15 , was it really that long ago?

"Anyone moves and the Nigga gets it!............"

Blazing Saddles,

Any Monty Python,

I'm sick I know.

Wow , they did the same in Bristol when I was about 15 , was it really that long ago?

"Anyone moves and the Nigga gets it!............"

:D

Which cinema in Bristol? Now be careful with you answer because this could really show your age :o

One movie I forgot to mention that I watch constantly, I'm a bit embarrased to admit I forgot this absolute classic...

The Jungle Book!

Never fails to put a smile on your face. Just watched it again.

Don't be embarrassed to admit it! It's a great movie with a real feel good factor.

One movie I forgot to mention that I watch constantly, I'm a bit embarrased to admit I forgot this absolute classic...

The Jungle Book!

Never fails to put a smile on your face. Just watched it again.

Don't be embarrassed to admit it! It's a great movie with a real feel good factor.

I agree. I love animation. I have sereval animation movies that I watch by myself of with my daughter. Always makes me happy.

I can't get enough of "Grease"

Got to love that film, musicals are great.

I really love The Rocky Horror Picture Show that film is just amazing.

In Montreal a while back (and like many many other places) we would go see the Rocky Horror Picture Show late at night, and we would bring props like toast, and an umbrella to protect against others who would spary water, some would dress up like the characters and go on-stage and play along the movie.

I must have gone at least a dozen times. It was so much fun.

In Montreal a while back (and like many many other places) we would go see the Rocky Horror Picture Show late at night, and we would bring props like toast, and an umbrella to protect against others who would spary water, some would dress up like the characters and go on-stage and play along the movie.

I must have gone at least a dozen times. It was so much fun.

That sounds great fun! I've always wanted to try that.

Edited by Ice Maiden

I had forgotten about The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It showed as a late show every Friday night for years in a cinema in Dublin and every now and again they had an 'admission free' night if you dressed us as one of the characters. We'd all show up, erm, feeling happy! and cause mayhem in the cinema. Toast was thrown, water was sprayed, slurpping noises were made, the songs were sung, the dances were danced - it was a riot! The only thing they tried to clamp down on was the lighting of lighters and holding them in the air, a health & safety risk!!!

As I said to the manager, the only H&S risk is me showing up in high heels and stockings. He seemed to think this was funny... :o