Are There Movies You Watch Over And Over?

gisele

one flew over the cokoos nest

withnail and i

once upon a time in america

the warriors

quadraphinia

murder in the first

the van

darby o'gill and the little people

rush(jason patric)

in the name of the father

fort apache

the lost boys

the champ

rocky 1,2 and 3(great movies to watch with a hangover)

They shot some of this movie in Montreal, I was working a few blocks away from one of the sets. It was cool to see the shoot outs in familiar places, or familiar store fronts blown up and then seeing what it looked like in the movie.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Brighton Rock', the B&W classic with the young Richard Attenborough. Then the disturbing '10 Rillington Place' again with Attenborough and John Hurt. The acting in both is superb.

'Belle De Jour' with Catherine Deneuve, plus the lesser known and difficult to obtain 'La Chamade' also with Deneuve.

One lesser known movie I discovered by accident is the Norwegian:'Orions Belt' made in 1987; it is worth seeking out.

I agree with many of the above posts; Greenaway, Lynch, etc. I have to admit though I have a lot of movies that I could not watch twice except without a gap of several years, so I usually give them away to family or friends, perhaps they might become someone elses 'favourite movie'!

The Harder They Come

The Seven Samurai

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

The Hustler

Enter The Dragon

It's A Wonderful Life

Live And Let Die

Monty Python And The Holy Grail

Ben Hur

Some good choices there fast Eddie except of course 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' which is of course total rubbish and I presume you included it as a test to see if the more eagle eyed reader could spot the clear anomalie. At the time, much to my astonishment, most of my contemporaries loved it, but i presume as they grew up they began to realise how infantile, poorly conceived, badly acted and morally corrupt the film is and now feel pangs of shame for their appalling judgement.

Not that big a fan of Live and Let Die, but it interestingly has the largest audience for a film shown on TV in the UK (21 million in about 1980)

"Ferris Bueller's day off" is a cool movie

I would like the find a DVD of Ferris. Most of Matthew Broderick's movies are amusing.

(I haven't seen "The Producers" yet, is it good?)

and I watch "Ground Hog day" every year (for ground hog day)

The Harder They Come

The Seven Samurai

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

The Hustler

Enter The Dragon

It's A Wonderful Life

Live And Let Die

Ben Hur

Some good choices there fast Eddie except of course 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' which is of course total rubbish

Sometimes "rubbish" can be entertaining. :o

The Harder They Come

The Seven Samurai

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

The Hustler

Enter The Dragon

It's A Wonderful Life

Live And Let Die

Ben Hur

Some good choices there fast Eddie except of course 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' which is of course total rubbish

Maybe he wasn't an American teenager, so he just doesn't get it.

The Harder They Come

The Seven Samurai

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

The Hustler

Enter The Dragon

It's A Wonderful Life

Live And Let Die

Ben Hur

A teenager, once, yes, but not American!

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion about films, it generates good debate. It's just that i'm right and all you 'Ferris Bueller's Day off' fans are clearly wrong!

'Oh, Mr Porter!' - Will Hay

A guy on a platform asks Station Master Will Hay why he's tapping the train wheels with a hammer.

Will Hay "When I hear a clunk I know the train's wheels are ok."

Guy "Suppose you don't hear a clunk?"

Will Hay "Well, then I know that the train has already left."

:D

Can't recall the name of the other Will Hay I saw when I was a kid but one line from it has always stayed with me. I think he played a Fire Station Chief.

Will Hay "Lend me 5 shillings."

Mo Marriot "No! Why should I?"

Will Hay "Think of the interest"

Mo Marriot "What interest?"

Will Hay "The interest in looking forward to getting your money back"

Classic with a capital 'C'. :o

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion about films, it generates good debate. It's just that i'm right and all you 'Ferris Bueller's Day off' fans are clearly wrong!

I don't know mate, i'm not American either and it looks like yours is the only dissenting voice on this thread where the legendary Ferris Bueller is concerned :o

I don't know mate, i'm not American either and it looks like yours is the only dissenting voice on this thread where the legendary Ferris Bueller is concerned :o

Maybe a minority of one. But i'm still right. :D

'Oh, Mr Porter!' - Will Hay

A guy on a platform asks Station Master Will Hay why he's tapping the train wheels with a hammer.

Will Hay "When I hear a clunk I know the train's wheels are ok."

Guy "Suppose you don't hear a clunk?"

Will Hay "Well, then I know that the train has already left."

Can't recall the name of the other Will Hay I saw when I was a kid but one line from it has always stayed with me. I think he played a Fire Station Chief.

Will Hay "Lend me 5 shillings."

Mo Marriot "No! Why should I?"

Will Hay "Think of the interest"

Mo Marriot "What interest?"

Will Hay "The interest in looking forward to getting your money back"

Classic with a capital 'C'. :o

I can't remember the names either, although I'm sure Amazon stock them. I used to love them when I was a kid and keep meaning to buy the DVD's. I liked the one with the headless horseman best, but have no idea which one it was.

post-10613-1139671855_thumb.jpg

I don't know mate, i'm not American either and it looks like yours is the only dissenting voice on this thread where the legendary Ferris Bueller is concerned :D

Maybe a minority of one. But i'm still WRONG. :o

I am not American either and Ferris bueller is a truly funny film, and it is nice to see you have changed your mind mittheimp :D

The Harder They Come

The Seven Samurai

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

The Hustler

Enter The Dragon

It's A Wonderful Life

Live And Let Die

Ben Hur

Sometimes "rubbish" can be entertaining. :D

A teenager, once, yes, but not American! All I meant was that perhaps a person has to be apart of the culture to truly enjoy something that that culture produced. I wasn't trying to insult you, if I had wanted to do that I would've called you un-American! :o

Just watched Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of The Were-Rabbit. I will be watching that one again! :D

I do not understand the attraction of 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' personally I find it rubbish. However if it brings pleasure to other people; then all well and good.

I suspect these same people who love 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' have some kind of 'humour deficiency syndrome', they probably 'don't like' comedy genius like 'Fawlty Towers'.

Just my view, I am with mittheimp on this!

I do not understand the attraction of 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' personally I find it rubbish. However if it brings pleasure to other people; then all well and good.

I suspect these same people who love 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' have some kind of 'humour deficiency syndrome', they probably 'don't like' comedy genius like 'Fawlty Towers'.

Just my view, I am with mittheimp on this!

I always loved Ferris Bueler's day off :o

and

I absolutely adored Fawlty towers, I agree, genius.

Every time PBS would have the Fawlty towers marathon I would watch every single episode. :D

I must have some genes compensating for my humour deficiency syndrome :D:D

I think 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' is a great film. I don't think it is real funny, but just a great film. I think it may be to do with my age. I was around 12 years old when it came out and it always reminds me of that time. It's a real 80's film, along with 'Goonies', 'Weird Science', 'Class' etc

There are some stranage choices for favourite film on here. It seems folk will watch any old crap over and over again.