Samsung Galaxy Ace- Can Not Send Mms Messages

Lancelot

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830L. I use Dtac prepaid (Happy); I can connect to the internet via GPRS. I can send but not receive MMS messages. I have subscribed to a DTAC MMS package.

I have made several calls to DTAC Help Center ans also emailed them- still can not send MMS messages.

My phone settings are per Jackmans excellent 2011 post:

Name (DTAC GPRS WEB) - doesn't matter what this says

APN (www.dtac.co.th) - can also be set to "internet"

Proxy (not set)

Port (not set)

User Name (not set)

Password (not set)

Server (not set)

MMSC (not set)

MMS Proxy (not set)

MMS Port (not set)

MCC (520)

MNC (18)

Authentication type (not set)

APN type (Internet + MMS)

Name (DTAC MMS)

APN (MMS)

Proxy (not set)

Port (not set)

Username (not set) - leave this blank

Password (not set) - leave this blank

Server (not set)

MMSC (http://mms.dtac.co.th:8002/)

MMS Proxy (203.155.200.133)

MMS Port (8080)

MCC (520)

MNC (18)

Authentication type (not set) - leave this blank

APN type (MMS)

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Lance

DTAC just sent me an email and told me to set my MMS settings as follows:

Name: dtac mms

APN: mms

MMSC: http://mms.dtac.co.th:8002/

MMS Proxy: mms

I changed the settings, then turned the phone off for 10 minutes and restarted.

Sent a test mms (picture) to 7722 but it just hangs there "sending"

Maybe take the battery and sim out?

OK, do you happen to know which service provider the intended recipient(s) use?

Maybe fiddle with the Authentication type, int eh DTAC MMS APN settings.

Are you sure you have selected the DTAC MMS APN for use? Not sure but you may have to de-select/remove the DTAC internet APN?

Sorry for not being more helpful, not a lot of people use MMS anymore given the high cost and plentiful, cost-effective alternatives like WhatsApp!, Line, etc.

I found this, translated by Google, but not sure what to make of it:

choose menu Settings (Settings) >> select Wireless & networks (wired and wireless network connections) >> select Mobile networks (mobile networks). >> enabled information, click on the checkmark is green here. because the samsung note, it is a smart phone which has a Application or the unit will have to update the Internet all the time, which would be charged. Internet. If you do not want to turn off the signal from the system, in addition to the following: (FREE), the transaction will receive a confirmation message within one hours on the closing motion of the system will not be able to send messages. MMS with it. dial * 104 * 71 # and press call (to turn). dial * 104 * 72 # and press call (to turn off).

It was posted on a Thai forum, by someone who I think works for DTAC, the email address is [email protected]

My general sense is that the MMS app. doesn't know how to, or cannot, send an MMS out over the enabled data network, but rather it really needs to see a GPRS network only. Just a guess.

On DTAC I can successfully send and receive MMSes to/from DTAC users. Maybe within the same network DTAC can route the MMS but across networks it cannot be routed unless you are using a traditional GSM/GPRS only connectio?

OK, do you happen to know which service provider the intended recipient(s) use?

Are you sure you have selected the DTAC MMS APN for use? Not sure but you may have to de-select/remove the DTAC internet APN?

Sorry for not being more helpful, not a lot of people use MMS anymore given the high cost and plentiful, cost-effective alternatives like WhatsApp!, Line, etc.

On DTAC I can successfully send and receive MMSes to/from DTAC users. Maybe within the same network DTAC can route the MMS but across networks it cannot be routed unless you are using a traditional GSM/GPRS only connectio?

The APN looks like:

dtac internet with a green button lit

dtac mms no button

I can access the Internet with GPRS and I received one MMS pic. When I trid to send a test MMS to DTAC at 7722 the pic stays on sending.

Yeah, I think you are right, better to use free apps and forget about MMS messaging :)

Multimedia content created by one brand of MMS phone may not be entirely compatible with the capabilities of the recipient's MMS phone.

I ran into this issue many years ago with Samsung phones. I don't think it has changed.

Multimedia content created by one brand of MMS phone may not be entirely compatible with the capabilities of the recipient's MMS phone.

I ran into this issue many years ago with Samsung phones. I don't think it has changed.

This is my first Samsung. My old Nokia 6120 sent and received MMS pics, no problema. The quirky part is, "Packet Data" has to be enabled for MMS service and that burns up Internet time.

I finally threw in the towel and asked Happy (DTAC) to delete my MMS package and refund the money I paid- which they kindly did.

I can send receive pics on social apps for free, so screw MMS messages :)