Thaksin Shinawatra Agrees To Shorten Trip To Myanmar As Advised

webfact

Satire

Criminal Ex-leader decides to change itinerary 'to protect' his lack of red-shirt supporters

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra the fugitive criminal will curtail a visit to Nay Pyi Taw and cancel a meeting with the red shirts at the border town of Tachilek, following advice from Lydia that there were no suitable shopping centers and the embarrassing low number of redshirt RSVP.

Thaksin is scheduled to arrive in the Myanmar capital tomorrow for a one-day visit, his mouth piece Noppadon Pattama said yesterday. He also confirmed the ex-PM would not go to Tachilek.

"Due to the recent fabrication of an assassination plot, the Shiniwatras cited safety risks as the reason to avoid Tachilek," he said.

Noppadon said Thaksin decided to revise his itinerary because he did not want to attend another embarassing red shirts rivival. A large number of red shirts had urged Thaksin to postpone his trip to Tachilek because they fell for the fabricated security concern.

Noppadon said security agencies should get to the bottom of the suspected plot because Thaksin had fabricated death threats in the past.

THAKSIN CANS TRIP TO TACHILEK

Panthongtae's claim of plot to kill his father given as reason; NSC chief changes stance after Chalerm lunch

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has cancelled his plan to visit Tachilek near the Thai border to meet red shirts |following reports of an assassination plot against him, a source close to him said yesterday.

The source said Thaksin would visit Myanmar on Thursday as scheduled but would not visit Tachilek - a border town across a small river from Mae Sai in Chiang Rai - on Friday and Saturday as announced earlier.

Many red-shirt supporters were reported to have booked hotels in Mae Sai, hoping to cross the border to meet the former PM in Tachilek.

The source said it was not yet |certain how many days Thaksin would spend in Myanmar.

Claims of an assassination plot were posted on Facebook by Thaksin's son Panthongtae on Sunday after a Shan man was arrested in Tachilek on Friday with an assortment of war weapons, including RPG rocket launchers.

Panthongtae said some people had hired the Shan man to kill Thaksin with an RPG rocket. Panthongtae insisted yesterday the plot was real. He posted a note on his Facebook wall, urging the red shirts to tell Thaksin to cancel his visit to Tachilek and telling them to wait to meet his father somewhere else more safe.

Panthongtae said he and his two sisters would travel to be with Thaksin in Tachilek if his father declined to cancel the planned visit.

"I would like to say that although Dad is not afraid, your three children fear that your life would be in |danger," Panthongtae said on his Facebook wall.

"Dad, if you think it's really safe, I, Aim and Ink [two daughters of Thaksin] will be there with you."

National Security Council |secretary-general Paradorn Pattanathabutr made an about-face yesterday over the alleged plot, which cast doubt on the claim.

Paradorn told reporters in the morning the plot had no grounds |but later in the day, he changed his words after he was summoned to a meeting with Deputy Premier Chalerm Yoobamrung at noon. |Also attending the lunch was Metropolitan Police chief Pol Lt Gen Khamronwit Thoopkrajang.

After the lunch, Paradorn said the discovery of war weapons was |related to Thaksin's planned visit to Tachilek.

Paradorn said intelligence |information of the NSC and investigations by the Provincial Police Bureau 5 indicated there was a plot to assassinate Thaksin.

"Shortly after the arrest, the man said it was related but now it is in the process of being investigated.

"From the available information, we must regard that there were grounds for the plot but we are |investigating more for further information. The area is sensitive and we are in the process of proposing safety measures - not just for the former leader but for Thais who would cross the border to be there."

While the NSC chief said the plot had grounds, Defence Minister ACM Sukampol Suwannathat said the reports were groundless.

"You must ask for more information from Panthongtae, as I have no idea," Sukampol replied when asked about the reports.

He said the discovery of war weapons was just a coincidence with Thaksin's planned visit.

"From what I have learned, the two incidents were not related. You should not report that they were related as they were not," Sukampol had said.

Sukampol said Thai officials had no authority over Tachilek so they could not be present to maintain security for Thaksin and Thais.

Chalerm, meanwhile, said he had instructed the commissioner of Provincial Police Bureau 5 to coordinate with the Myanmar authorities to seek more details.

Chalerm said he learned that the suspect had retracted his words so the Thai police were waiting for more information from their Myanmar counterparts.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-08

If I wanted to kill just one person and have a reasonable chance to escape scot free what weapon would I choose?

A perfectly designed and built snipers rifle that is accurate up to 2 km if my skills are good enough, or would I use and RPG launcher which has an accurate range of about 200 metres, sticks out like a sore thumb and to be fairly sure of hitting my target I would need to be 150 metres from it, in the middle of a crowd of fanatical supporters who would literally tear me apart before I could fire it.

I suspect that Thaksins's son is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

1.Paradorn told reporters in the morning the plot had no grounds |but later in the day, he changed his words after he was summoned to a meeting with Deputy Premier Chalerm Yoobamrung at noon. |Also attending the lunch was Metropolitan Police chief Pol Lt Gen Khamronwit Thoopkrajang.

After the lunch, Paradorn said the discovery of war weapons was |related to Thaksin's planned visit to Tachilek.

2. While the NSC chief said the plot had grounds, Defence Minister ACM Sukampol Suwannathat said the reports were groundless.

"You must ask for more information from Panthongtae, as I have no idea," Sukampol replied when asked about the reports.

He said the discovery of war weapons was just a coincidence with Thaksin's planned visit.

3. Chalerm, meanwhile, said he had instructed the commissioner of Provincial Police Bureau 5 to coordinate with the Myanmar authorities to seek more details.

Chalerm said he learned that the suspect had retracted his words so the Thai police were waiting for more information from their Myanmar counterparts.

Are there people on TV who believe there was a real plot? Come on guys speak up!

Edited by Nickymaster

1.Paradorn told reporters in the morning the plot had no grounds |but later in the day, he changed his words after he was summoned to a meeting with Deputy Premier Chalerm Yoobamrung at noon. |Also attending the lunch was Metropolitan Police chief Pol Lt Gen Khamronwit Thoopkrajang.

2. While the NSC chief said the plot had grounds, Defence Minister ACM Sukampol Suwannathat said the reports were groundless.

3. Chalerm, meanwhile, said he had instructed the commissioner of Provincial Police Bureau 5 to coordinate with the Myanmar authorities to seek more details.

Are there people on TV who believe there was a real plot? Come on guys speak up!

I do.

A little green man came down in his flying saucer and told me he had read it in the Sun so it must be true.

He also asked me where I kept the pink elephants and I told him they were only in my mind after lao khao.

rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Oak lied resulted in numerous others lying.

Myanmar Denies Plot To Assassinate Thaksin

Having met Thaskin when he was touring Buriram.

He is a decent man that is worshipped in issan area.

When he was in power he made major progress on the roads and infrastucture.

When the yellow took charge nothing at all was done.

So yes he was good for the whole country and not just the chinese thai elite.

He was not good for the whole country.

He infamously said he would only help the areas of the country that voted in the majority for him, while supposedly the other areas of the country could suck eggs.

He certainly wasn't good for the Deep South as his actions in 2004 triggered an escalation of violence unparallelled there with thousands dead and which continues until today.

More thousands were killed all over the country with the implementation of his non-judicial massacres during his infamous Drug Wars.

What did he say and do when you met him that you were left with your mistaken impressions?

I believe he said "OK farang, B500 for you too. Tell people I'm a good man."

http://www.thaivisa....j/#entry5824215

It's clear that politics is something little Oak should stay away from...then again...he might be the next Defence Minister. w00t.gif

• Like 1

It's clear that politics is something little Oak should stay away from...then again...he might be the next Defence Minister. w00t.gif

There's a reason why he's not been made a Pheu Thai Party-list MP or been appointed to the Cabinet. It's the same reason why his uncle, Payup Shinawatra, has also been excluded from those positions....

they're even more clueless than the clueless who were selected for them.

There's a reason why he's not been made a Pheu Thai Party-list MP or been appointed to the Cabinet. It's the same reason why his uncle, Payup Shinawatra, has also been excluded from those positions....

they're even more clueless than the clueless who were selected for them.

Although we can never be sure about these things, there have been two previous 'assassination attempts' against the former PM that were later proved to be dubious at best, the most common view is that this was another attempt to discredit his political opponents .

And another fail I'm afraid. That's three times he's cried wolf now and people are beginning to notice.

Edited by bigbamboo

Starstruck by 20 seconds of illumination from Great Leader, are we? Incapable of reading a newspaper? Not concerned about approximately 3,100 extra-judicial deaths? The corruption, the abuse of power? Is *that* your idea of 'decent'?

Pathetic.

Edited by Crushdepth

The Myanmar Police? Oh please :)

Starstruck by 20 seconds of illumination from Great Leader, are we? Incapable of reading a newspaper? Not concerned about approximately 3,100 extra-judicial deaths? The corruption, the abuse of power? Is *that* your idea of 'decent'?

Pathetic.

You really need to do more home work about the "war on drugs" murders and who sanctioned them...........

You really need to do more home work about the "war on drugs" murders and who sanctioned them...........

Sanctioned? That's stretching it a bit. Someone said there should be something done about the drugs. I doubt the suggestion was that 2500 innocent people should be killed.

That would be the Chinese Thai elite of which Thaksin is a member. Yes?