Muay Thai Fight- Any Thoughts?

found mnemo

Hello,

Ive just arrived in CM, will be here for a few months but, I wanted to go to a MT fight. Is there a better day of the week to go? also, whats the difference between the regular tickets (400 BT) and special ones (600BT)- is it worth paying the additional money?

Thank you;)

Where exactly are you going. Prices sound like the old Kawilla and that burn't down I guess two years ago.

Please God don't tell me they are charging that much at CEC on Loi Kroh.

OK I won't

Thanks....I think

Now I am crying on the outside as well as the inside.crying.gif

• Like 1

Hey thanks for getting back....Yeah I guess there are a couple different ones, both the same price: one in Loi Kroh and the other at the international MT stadium I think- so thats a thumbs down I take it?!

While Im here- anyone one know a place which will be showing the rugby Autumn internationals on Saturday?!

Hey thanks for getting back....Yeah I guess there are a couple different ones, both the same price: one in Loi Kroh and the other at the international MT stadium I think- so thats a thumbs down I take it?!

While Im here- anyone one know a place which will be showing the rugby Autumn internationals on Saturday?!

Maybe at the down under pub on Lo Khro between the Night Bazaar and the river.

There are three places to watch Muay Thai fights in CM. They all cater to tourists for the most part. One is on Moon Muang near Tae Pae Gate. Another is in the CEC on Loi Kroh. The third one is behing Kalare Market. I think it is by far the best, except they only sell Chang beer. Prices are the same everywhere 400/600 baht depending if you want a little better seat. They all start at 9:30 even if advertised as 9:00. They each have set days of the week. The best way to find out is to look at the flyers posted on the poles along Loi Kroh for upcoming events. I rather like farang/Thai fights.

Its bad enough paying that sort of money for faux fights, but if I am going to be stuck with faux fights can the ticket sellers at least wear a mask and carry a gun that way at least I will feel that I got some value when being robbed.

Does anybody know if the are ever going to open Kawilla again. I know its been down for two years or so, and there does not seem to be any frantic activity to make it good, but it used to get packed and there was a lot of money made in it, if not from it. Seems to be that there are people there throughout the day and cars parked there regularly as well. Is it being used for training or something. Where do the hordes that went to Kawilla go now?

Yes the Kalare fights are the "best" in town so to speak.

If you have a sustained interest, fall in with the Muay gym crowd and you'll soon find out about the regional cards which are more the real deal. They have them at Lampang, Lamphun etc. I went to a very big one in Mae Rim which was excellent.

I went to Kalare with a friend as I heard it was better than the other 2 and both my firend and I (long term residents) thought was S#$@T LAZY FIGHTERS and pretty boring actually, the best fight was the 2 girls who at least made an effort.

Seems like all these are just tourist traps without real fights or just for show fights, I think the best is go to BKK to a real fight

DK

I went to Kalare with a friend as I heard it was better than the other 2 and both my firend and I (long term residents) thought was S#$@T LAZY FIGHTERS and pretty boring actually, the best fight was the 2 girls who at least made an effort.

Seems like all these are just tourist traps without real fights or just for show fights, I think the best is go to BKK to a real fight

DK

I heard they were all owned by Vince McMhanngiggle.gif

It's been more than a handful of years since I had any involvement in Muay Thai, but back then there was also a lot of ignorant nonsense being sprouted here on TV about how all the fights at Loi Kroh and Thape were fake, and the only real ones were at Gawila.

At the Loi Kroh and Thape stadiums they both had what people called "show" fights a couple of times a week, and the admission to these were free. Other nights the fights were just as real as at Gawila, or anywhere else, and the same people were fighting at both places. Never saw any attempt to pretend the show-fights were real either, though I can imagine if you were too clueless to immediately see they were just joking in the ring and actually asked someone whether it was real, they might pull your leg a bit.

Apart from Gawila having closed, I don't have reason to think anything has really changed, though obviously the Loi Kroh and Thape stadions, surrounded by whores, ladyboys, and drunk tourists, is a dump of a place for anyone wanting to experience some genuine Muay Thai fighting atmosphere. For that, it is true Gawila was the only option in town. The fights were just as real at all the places however.

Edited by Awk