De-Pimping A Honda Click

bino

I've recently acquired a Honda Click for riding around the MooBan and beach at our home away from home in Pranburi. It is 2007 model year in the green book, has a little more than 64,000 km on the dial. The engine burns a bit of oil- have to add a dollop or two once a week. Other than that, the bike still feels "tight", starts and runs just fine. I guess it just goes to show the quality of a Honda. For the 9000 that I paid, I'm overjoyed with it. Everyone who sees the bike is gobsmacked when I tell them what I paid, and are offering to at least double my money if I sell it to them.

I bought it from a guy whose son rode it to school every day, and the lad has done all of the things that young men do to their motorcycles. Most notably, he has modified the exhaust. You can clearly see where he has cut the original muffler open, and obviously removed a lot of the baffles / material inside, because it is pretty loud when you get on the gas. I could live with it, but want to buy a new original Honda exhaust / muffler assembly to quiet things down and keep the peace with the neighbors.

Can anyone recommend a Honda dealer in Bangkok that carries a large inventory of parts, where I can go to get this in a "one stop shopping" experience? I don't want to be running all over the city trying to find it, and don't want to have to order / wait for it as I'm returning to Pranburi next week and would like to take it with me. Anyone ever bought an exhaust for a Honda Click? What Can I expect it to cost?

The other thing he has done is to change the seat for one that is wafer-thin and rock hard. I don't ride it very far, so this isn't a huge problem, but would like something a little more comfy for my fat old ass. If the dealership that sells the exhaust has the original seat at a decent price, I'd take it too. However, I'm sure that the better way to go is finding a shop that can "re-upholster" my existing seat at a decent price. Can anyone recommend a place (preferably in Pranburi, Hua Hin or Bangkok in that order) that could fix up the seat?

Thanks in advance for any useful info!

post-18167-0-08791600-1352300905_thumb.j

Edited by bino

Depends a lot where you live in BKK. There are many. Sukhumvit Soi 71 is the nearest to me. Upholstery likewise but the 5-way Junction near Rama IV and RamaIII has many vehicle upholstery shops.

I think you'll find if you take it to the Honda main dealer in Pranburi. if they are customer friendly, they will do it for you.