Deposit On Cooking Gas Tank?

MrE

I think its more of a "buy the first tank" rather than a deposit.

I think if you were leaving the area then the gas guy might give you a couple of hundred baht to take the tank if it was in decent condition. But aren't these tanks only certified for a number of years before the gas guy won't change it out anymore?

• Like 1

I think if you were leaving the area then the gas guy might give you a couple of hundred baht to take the tank if it was in decent condition. But aren't these tanks only certified for a number of years before the gas guy won't change it out anymore?

Since the tank is changed all the time (unless if you insist on getting your own tank refilled) this really is a moot point.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

Since the tank is changed all the time (unless if you insist on getting your own tank refilled) this really is a moot point.

Unless gas guy gives you an really old tank.

• Like 1

A new large gas bottle costs under 4000 baht and the smaller size we bought for the BBQ is 2400 baht both full

Gas bottles are supposed to be tested after a period of time which does not happen here

If renting do not worry about it unless the bottle is leaking contact your landlord its his responsibility

1. Find a gasretailer who will exchange your bottle for one in the same condition or refill your own

Find a gasretailer who will exchange your bottle for one in the same condition or refill your own

Where do you refill your own?

sanuk

There is a gas place on Choa Fa East past fatties and before the traffic lights to the zoo. Left side, sell gas appliance, and can refill your bottle on the premises.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Cracks me up when someone asks a simple question, then, instead of answers....they get questions...or irrelevant info. Who cares WHY some wants to know the deposit? I know I want to know. I live in the middle of nowhere, ran out of gas cooking, and wanted to know the deposit to have another tank. That way when I run out, I have plenty of time to get another bottle, instead of all cooking ceasing until I get more gas. Does that satisfy the people that instead of simply answering a legitimate question they ask questions ( a pet peeve)...?? Just answer the freaking question or don't say anything . So, for the person gracious enough to actually answer that question, I thank you.