Anti-Govt Group To Stage New Bangkok Rally Nov 24-25

webfact

Anti-govt group to stage new rally Nov 24-25

By Digital Media

ra.jpeg

BANGKOK, Nov 9 - The anti-government Pitak Siam group will rally again Nov 24-25 aiming to draw as many as a million protesters to unseat the Yingluck Shinawatra government. If it fails, organisers say, they will call it quits.

The leader of the new movement, Boonlert Kaewprasit, said today that the second mass rally is initially set to be held at Bangkok’s Royal Turf Club. He expected the demonstration will draw a million participants.

Pitak Siam’s organiser said more details will be given at a news briefing on Saturday.

The retired general denied allegations that prospective demonstrators have been recruited, paid to join the rally. He said that yellow shirt leader Sondhi Limthongkul will not definitely join the rally.

Gen Boonlert pledged he would end the demonstration if the target of one million participants cannot be achieved.

"If it is not successful this time, I will stop the move completely as the people turn their backs (against us)," he said. "If the government stays, I go, if the government ceases to exist, I prevail."

Gen Boonlert downplayed security concerns for his safety, saying he would not ask police for protection. He however urged the police and other agencies not to obstruct people wishing to join the event.

The Pitak Siam leader dismissed the purported assassination plot against former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra as groundless, saying he believed the government might want to exploit the matter to sway public attention. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-11-09

A million?

Where are they holding it........ a government rice barn?

Apparently the Royal Turf Club again. I wonder if Boonlert is on commission for how many people go there being as he is the secretary of the place with his boss, the chairman, being General Surayud.

Well he defiantly put it on the line. If he gets his 1,000,000 it will defiantly have a impact on Yingluck.

She will have a hard time ignoring that.

How ever she has a built in alibi.

My brother made me do it.

Sadly I don't think he will reach his goal the red shirts will be out in force democratically trying to stop it. As if the traffic would allow that many attendees.

• Like 2

He rather gives the game away by intending to hold the rally at the Turf Club where the stadium only holds 20,000. However if he allows the excess on to the golf course, it would hold a million but would seriously piss of some ho-so golfers.

Well he defiantly put it on the line. If he gets his 1,000,000 it will defiantly have a impact on Yingluck.

Sadly I don't think he will reach his goal the red shirts will be out in force democratically trying to stop it. As if the traffic would allow that many attendees.

If 1.000.000 have a peaceful rally she can happily ignore it.....why not?

Just suing everyone she recognize and let a court somewhere far away do it for most inconvenience and let the revenue department check their companies....just the usual thing.

But else no danger.

Recall it didn't matter when the PAD took the Government House for a long time. It didn't matter when the blocked the airport. Only when the court destroyed them it had an effect. Loosing face or morality to step back because of the population doesn't want them anymore can't be expected. Every day in power is huge money.

Now yes, we understand some here don't like Taksin, whether about the Reds closing the CM Gay Mardi Gras or over issues, regardless, I think you should all get out to the rally and show real support for a military coup as opposed to being arm chair critics. If you see that as an endorsement by me for Taks then you are wrong, I believe they are all as bad, just don't see the need to choose sides when both are abhorent. Kind of like the US election, do you prefer Wall St or Wall St, same winner, different puppets front running as they line their pockets whilst ranting about irrelevant differences to a brain dead electorate.

Even the yellow shirts didn't claim to have more than 250,000 when they ousted Thaksin after months of building up their numbers.

When they took over government house, there were two foreign reports of which one was 500.000 and the other 550.000.

but I can't find both reports anymore and anyway I think it is difficult to find out when everyone is moving.

Now yes, we understand some here don't like Taksin, whether about the Reds closing the CM Gay Mardi Gras or over issues, regardless, I think you should all get out to the rally and show real support for a military coup as opposed to being arm chair critics. If you see that as an endorsement by me for Taks then you are wrong, I believe they are all as bad, just don't see the need to choose sides when both are abhorent. Kind of like the US election, do you prefer Wall St or Wall St, same winner, different puppets front running as they line their pockets whilst ranting about irrelevant differences to a brain dead electorate.

considering someone just got called to the cops for calling for a coup you might want to edit that.

Realistically what would another intervention solve anyway?

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

Roll it on, we need a coup.

We need a coup... Do you realise how ridiculous that staement is. Not happening matey. Do you hear the Cin C of the army making pathetic political statements under this government because he never shut up under the Dems. I dont know how but hes been neutralised same as Gen Prem. As he cant speak they dust down an old general to lead a revolution, similar to the general dressed like a farmer Srimuang who has Thai peoples blood on his hands from 92. Sondhi got 23 years prison to face so hes keeping his pie hole shut (apart from some bit parts on ASTV). Brick by brick Thaksins boxing the system up and sending it to the dark ages.

Edited by backtonormal

We need a coup... Do you realise how ridiculous that staement is. Not happening matey. Do you hear the Cin C of the army making pathetic political statements under this government because he never shut up under the Dems. I dont know how but hes been neutralised same as Gen Prem. As he cant speak they dust down an old general to lead a revolution, similar to the general dressed like a farmer Srimuang who has Thai peoples blood on his hands from 92. Sondhi got 23 years prison to face so hes keeping his pie hole shut (apart from some bit parts on ASTV). Brick by brick Thaksins boxing the system up and sending it to the dark ages.

Well some lower ranking could stage a coup, with complete unpredictable results....unpredictable most probably means very bad, but it isn't impossible....

Even the yellow shirts didn't claim to have more than 250,000 when they ousted Thaksin after months of building up their numbers.

Please tell me who funded that 6 months sit in of geriatric clappers. Somebody must have

My wife, every time she went there donated at least 5000 Baht. On the last demonstration she took 15.000 for donation.

Even some of my staff donated money, but small amounts only.

The more things change, the more things stay the same. One last swansong to save the country old boys? Pass the Blue Label, lets think about how to do this.....

As they say, old soldiers never die, but this bunch refuse to fade away either.

considering someone just got called to the cops for calling for a coup you might want to edit that.

Realistically what would another intervention solve anyway?

Well not easy to solve something in long terms, but in short terms we would just have a better, less corrupt government.

Please tell me who funded that 6 months sit in of geriatric clappers. Somebody must have

I don't know but I have heard that many yellow shirts do have a job (maybe some not during that period), and on top of that, many of them also pay taxes. Something to do with middle class. Maybe some in the family where working to support somebody else who was at the site? Ssst, don't tell anybody. Just let them believe the yellows also get paid, just like the reds, if they show up at a rally.

yeah sure, it's because of the red shirts and traffic that this won't happen.