Best Marine Supplies Shop In Pattaya?

dinga

Relatively few choices; BlueWave Water Sports I think it is called in Ocean Marina; ASAP Marine in Ocean Marina, Surapol located on corner of Na Klua road and Sukhumvit Road (NaKlua) next to the temple driving into Pattaya, Yacht Fix located in Ocean Marina.

Also a company called Lazizus which can be purchased on (I think) very southern Bangkok around the Samut Prakan area.

As there are fairly high tariffs on marine equipment and a small industry here, don't except to be paying super cheap discount prices for much; it is what it is.

You can also buy online, but then there is a risk as you import that the taxes get added on, in which case you may not be ahead anyhow.

If you want specifics, feel free to PM me, I know of a few specific vendors selling specific items that may help save you time.

Tks - went to a few of those suggested yesterday. Found the best were:

* Surapol (cnr Na Klua & Suk) - fenders, marine grease, plugs, lanyard with kill clip, boat hook, bits and pieces. Seemed to have a reasonable range of gear, great english and very helpful

* Blueseas & ASAP Marine (Ocean Marina): ASAP much bigger shop - got some flares.

* Navy @ Sattahip: only place I found that had Chart No. 117 (for part of the Laem Mae Phim area)

You're right about no 'one-stop shop' - still looking for:

- 2 person ski biscuit (towable inflatable) at a reasonable price - not the 7,300 baht quoted

- chart plotter, also at a reasonable price (cheapest Hummingbird was around 30K inc Navionics maps

- spare prop for a 60HP Yamaha, also at a reasonable price (not +3,000 baht) - 2nd hand fine

Will take up yr kind offer and send a separate post

Tks again

• 1 month later...