Gf/condo Scam..is Possible?

tingtongtourist

I think i am lucky because i did just break away from Thai GF of 2 years.I think it was her plan and talk many times that she help me to buy condo here and i not have to worry about all the legal issue as she can to check everything and make sure all ok.

haha WELL sometime it seem a lot of thai woman think a guy must have nothing but small pebbles inside his head right!

Any way of course i am a little bit skeptic! I agree everything at first, just like you agree all the time when every thai who talk big and want to start business with you.say yeah yeah OK.haha. while you thinking to yourself..do i really look this stupid.hmm!

Anyway i talk to my friend about this issue about condo. He hear some case where a guy get involved with thai girl and buy a condo together (they use this word..together, funny?)

The guy be around 60 y.o and maybe the girl late 20 or 30.

So then something go wrong in the relationship and it result in both must talk about selling the condo because the farang will go back home. So surely the guy want to get back something of his investment right?

But this girl as far as we know have most control over the condo.bad news.

well as far as this story go from here,noone know the details but this..it seem the girl now live in same condo after it did get sold! and best part..live in same condo with different farang!

so this question?

what do you think happen here?

my thought that condo either sold cheaply into girl name 100% and then sold to second dupe at big profit?

is possible? or some other skull duggery go on?

Anyway i just to write this for a warning to other farang NOT to get involved in leagal ownership of condo with another as i do believe is possible (as also my friend did advise) is possible to own condo and have no need to involve any thai GF or even wife.

I think its the best way,in my position anyway can rent nice appartment for many years with this big money they want for condo.In fact i can rent until i am 150 years old on this same money

Now i must also ask this

why do people buy expensive condo here anyway?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people honestly believe it makes sense financially to own rather than rent even if the rent-to-purchase price ratio is well over the conventional benchmark of 15-18 years - personally even taking the Thai scammer factor out of the equation the higher endemic risks of the Thai legal system and real estate development industry would put a sensible ratio down to maybe 10-12 years, which only is approached at the very low end of the market for concrete boxes few farang could stand living in.

For others it's simply because they can afford to, it's just small money for them that they can well afford to squander.

And for a final group they just enjoy the psychological benefit and/or "face" of being and owner rather than the perceived low status of renting, nothing to do with being sensible financially.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK
  • Like 1

if you want a girl half your age why would you do anything other than pay her salary monthly like you would the maid?

Some guys buy their teeraks diamonds and furs, a nice sports car for her birthday, if you can afford it why not?

I know my girls would greatly prefer farmland, to each their own.

if you want a girl half your age why would you do anything other than pay her salary monthly like you would the maid?

Some guys buy their teeraks diamonds and furs, a nice sports car for her birthday, if you can afford it why not?

I know my girls would greatly prefer farmland, to each their own.

i see your point,and why they own the condo.it makes sense.

but the money spent on diamonds,fur car ect all on woman and sometime that kinda woman dont really appreciate what you give and gone tomorrow if have a richer guy.

whats the saying goes? more money than cents?!!

• Like 1

even bigger question to ask, if you have girl half your age how can even you fool yourself that it be true love!??

Many don't fool themselves, or don't believe that's worth chasing and/or don't even believe such a thing exists.

Others just define it differently and realize it can be achieved (or just happen) in the most unlikely circumstances.

• Like 1

Hope the wife is not scamming me. I bought a house.

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

do you live in house permanent in Thailand?

how long?

The current house is around huamak. Bought around 2 years ago from LH.

well not to doubt you have some experience on the legal matters.good for you and good luck for the future.i do think lifestyle of house is way better than appartment/condo living,even if it be just for much more freedom.

I do wish i could to do the same as you but my problem is with trust issues!!

is nice to hear about a success story though,not to mny times you see on here!

• Like 1

I will never buy real property in LOS. Never.

I would if I could honestly afford it, the same way I'd buy an expensive consumer item, but only as an outright gift for a deserving SO - even if I pretended it was a joint purchase, in my heart consider it a gift.

But never as a financial investment, I'm sure some do OK but the learning curve and risk profile's too steep for my taste relative to other opportunities.

Such places as the OP refers to do occasionaly come on the market.

Some lass wanting a quick sale to move on with her life.

Nice deals can and have been made - but you need to have the cash ready because they do get snappped up pretty quickly.

Such places as the OP refers to do occasionaly come on the market.

Some lass wanting a quick sale to move on with her life.

Nice deals can and have been made - but you need to have the cash ready because they do get snappped up pretty quickly.

Actually i did ask question whether this lady make some deal where she manage to get 100% ownership of the condo from the 1st farang BF..at a low price because the guy just want to get away from her

then when condo is in her name or maybe even some family member name, she will dupe the next farang boyfriend to buy it..he will not know he actually is buying the condo off her at a very higher price!

In the story my friend told,he believe that the first farang bf did find out what had happen but the 2nd farang BF she have now,whom she live with in this same condo still not to know about it

i guess one thing, even if he did find out and was angry and leave then she can do the trick again!

me thinks the girl told him otherwise. hahahahahaha! she perhaps said Honey you not trust me, put me on title....................hahahahahaha!

haha yes, my ex GF argue so many time that farang can own everything, land and house, if we seperate it be split 50/50.

i tell her every farang not stupid and read about law and many story on internet..and then she get very madrolleyes.gif

Why would you put a condo jointly in your name and that of a girlfriend who is not your wife (and whom you probably met in a bar), when you can own it 100% in your own name?

For the same reasons some people "invest" in a house and farmland in their teerak's home village.

And I'm sure that works out well for many.

Again if you can afford it and want to make sure your caretaker has something substantial to remember you by when you're gone, why not?

Why would you put a condo jointly in your name and that of a girlfriend who is not your wife (and whom you probably met in a bar), when you can own it 100% in your own name?

hmm well is only 30 year age differance, mean nothing when it be true love

and anyway she study university in overseas country so she good girl and have good education

thumbsup.gif

For the same reasons some people "invest" in a house and farmland in their teerak's home village.

And I'm sure that works out well for many.

Again if you can afford it and want to make sure your caretaker has something substantial to remember you by when you're gone, why not?

yes but hopefully she not help you along the way to go there a bit quickersmile.png

Actually i did ask question whether this lady make some deal where she manage to get 100% ownership of the condo from the 1st farang BF..at a low price because the guy just want to get away from her

then when condo is in her name or maybe even some family member name, she will dupe the next farang boyfriend to buy it..he will not know he actually is buying the condo off her at a very higher price!

In the story my friend told,he believe that the first farang bf did find out what had happen but the 2nd farang BF she have now,whom she live with in this same condo still not to know about it

i guess one thing, even if he did find out and was angry and leave then she can do the trick again!

From what I'm reading, there's a lot of speculation going on. If you don't know the details of what went on, why are you bringing this up? what is the purpose of sharing this story that even you don't know what the story is?

A couple buy a place together, relationship goes sour, they decide to split, including split the investment. Wouldn't the guy try to recover whatever amount he put in? Most would try to do at least that. And if he decides to sell it to whoever (ex gf, her family, OR even her new bf...does it matter who?)

I fail to see where the scam is. If anyone is buying something like property, it's up to us to do the due deligence, and check market rates. You buy based on those decisions (no matter what your gf tells you about ownership and legality, price is market determined). And then when you sell, you make those decisions again based on market price, how quickly you want to sell, and whether you are prepared to take some loss for getting the cash faster.

No?

Hope the wife is not scamming me. I bought a house.

My neighbor thought the same, but in fact he only paid for the purchase and she rent the house.

1. U need to get a wife who is not a bar girl.

2 . The wife must be a uni grad.

3. She must be working. With an income of at least 50k Tb/ month.

4. Downpayment of no more than 1m tb. - she paid. I paid for the renovations and furniture by SB.

5. Installments to be paid on a fair share of 50/50.

• Like 2