Yingluck Shinawatra Seeking Thai, U K Business Opportunities

webfact

Thai PM seeking Thai, UK business opportunities

By Digital Media

yi.jpeg

LONDON, Nov 14 -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is meeting her British counterpart David Cameron today for a trade-focused discussion on business opportunities between the two countries.

Ms Yingluck, on an official visit to the United Kingdom which began Monday and ends later today, said that she would meet the British premier to discuss increased mutual cooperation on tourism, trade and investment, and to upgrade strategic partnership relations.

The Thai premier said she wants more ways to conduct and facilitate trade and investment as she see more growth to come.

She will use the opportunity to explain Thailand's water management plan resulting from last year’s devastating flood year to build confidence among British businesspeople.

Ms Yingluck said that during the talks, she will ask the United Kingdom to reduce red tape in visa applications for Thai citizens wanting to travel for business and study. She said Thailand has already eased the visa application process and issuing business licenses to help British businesses to invest in Thailand.

The two premiers were scheduled to announce a joint statement of intent establishing a ‘Strategic Dialogue’ as a mechanism for high-level bilateral discussion to follow up and set directions of mutual cooperation in the future.

On Tuesday, Ms Yingluck was granted an audience by HM Queen Elizabeth II and extended her wishes on behalf of the Thai government and Thai people for the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth's accession to the throne, her diamond jubilee.

Ms Yingluck later gave a keynote address under the topic of “Thailand: Unparalleled Opportunities” during a luncheon meeting with executives from leading British companies.

The luncheon was meant to inform Britain’s business community of investment opportunities in ASEAN, and to strengthen mutual relations and networks between the private sectors of the two countries.

The Thai premier also visited St. Pancras railway station to observe London’s high speed railroad system. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-11-14

Yingluck later gave a keynote address under the topic of “Thailand: Unparalleled Opportunities” during a luncheon meeting with executives from leading British companies.

Did she just dust off the keynote address she gave under the topic of "Thailand: Unparalleled Opportunities" that she gave to Japanese businessman nine months ago?

UN-paralleled is right , would love to hear cameron tell her the meaning of the word, then maybe we would be able to have the same rights as thais have in the UK, they can own the property or land they buy, why can't we ? ...........lets make it parallel and take 51% off them until she learns the meaning of what she's talking about , its all geared in the thais favour , from importing electrical goods to second hand cars , ...............i would be lucky to get £700 for my car in the UK but if i brought it to thailand i would pay more than £700 in import tax alone, thats before all the other charges and little brown envelopes, i made enquiries about this and concluded it would cost me a total of £260,000 plus shipping to get my "old banger " into thailand ,......very UN-paralleled !

She will use the opportunity to explain Thailand's water management plan resulting from last year’s devastating flood year to build confidence among British businesspeople.

Probably went something like this.

Our plan is to reduce the number of deaths of the next flood from 900 to 800. We have a similar plan during Songkran holidays to reduce the number of road deaths.

• Like 1

DC;Look , ive got 500,000 pairs of umbro shorts from the 1980s UERO campaign ,.........can we open a stall at swampy and sell them to the russian arrivals ?

YS;ohhhhh , velly goos,........51/49% ok ka ?

UN-paralleled is right , would love to hear cameron tell her the meaning of the word, then maybe we would be able to have the same rights as thais have in the UK, they can own the property or land they buy, why can't we ? ...........lets make it parallel and take 51% off them until she learns the meaning of what she's talking about , its all geared in the thais favour , from importing electrical goods to second hand cars , ...............i would be lucky to get £700 for my car in the UK but if i brought it to thailand i would pay more than £700 in import tax alone, thats before all the other charges and little brown envelopes, i made enquiries about this and concluded it would cost me a total of £260,000 plus shipping to get my "old banger " into thailand ,......very UN-paralleled !

Why would you want to bring a £700 car to Thailand? There's enough junk on the roads already.

• Like 1

Yingluck later gave a keynote address under the topic of “Thailand: Unparalleled Opportunities” during a luncheon meeting with executives from leading British companies.

Did she just dust off the keynote address she gave under the topic of "Thailand: Unparalleled Opportunities" that she gave to Japanese businessman nine months ago?

Who knows and why does it matter? No PM drafts their own material for this kind of presentation and in any case the main points haven't changed in a few months.

< usual off-topic, over-personal, unnecessary bickering snipped >

Just clarifying that this is nothing new and is actually taken off a BOI campaign,

BOI022012.jpg

a replicate for the speech that Yingluck gave after the Japanese to the Koreans is available on her Facebook page.

http://www.facebook....374865842546903

It'll save someone from needing to post her speech to the Brits on this thread.

Likely hasn't changed much in nearly a year.

Edited by Buchholz

Who knows and why does it matter? No PM drafts their own material for this kind of presentation and in any case the main points haven't changed in a few months.

What exactly is it with you anyway? Why are you so angry about the Prime Minister's success in the UK.? Is it because the personal audience with Queen Elizabeth provides the endorsement that her opponents were denied (as of course was her brother).The visit of Obama underlines the recognition of Western nations that Thailand now has a legitimate government. Is that what upsets you?

You just pressed the righteous democracy cheerleader crowd's flashing red wind up button!

• Like 1

I doubt Cameron will ask for some fairness with visa and property issues for Uk Passport holders/Citizens in Thailand. He frankly doesnt give a dam_n about expats

I don't think Cameron gives a dam about anyone not from Eton.

What exactly is it with you anyway? Why are you so angry about the Prime Minister's success in the UK.? Is it because the personal audience with Queen Elizabeth provides the endorsement that her opponents were denied (as of course was her brother).The visit of Obama underlines the recognition of Western nations that Thailand now has a legitimate government. Is that what upsets you?

You just pressed the righteous democracy cheerleader crowd's flashing red wind up button!

Yes, I agree a great deal of that post was just the usual baiting for yet another of his patented bickering sessions that nearly inevitably gets deleted.

Thus the restrained reply to save the mod's time.

Our plan is to reduce the number of deaths of the next flood from 900 to 800. We have a similar plan during Songkran holidays to reduce the number of road deaths.

will these be the floods that she said would not happen this year, was ridiculed by the usual suspects on here, but lo and behold there are no floods.

Well done to her for getting these meetings and hopefully some good will come off this. i wonder if abhisit was never granted an audience with the queen as she was advised against meeting an undemocratically elected country leader, a man that was in the position on the back of the military.

i also hope she said little to cameron considering he was chums with abhisist at school, I doubt he is the most discreet of people.

So yingluk is doing her job, helping thailand, doing good things, and the usual baying mob on here still abuse her, pathetic.

• Like 1

will these be the floods that she said would not happen this year, was ridiculed by the usual suspects on here, but lo and behold there are no floods.

Of course you are correct there were no major floods this year the same as last year simply because of the minimal rain fall. Absolutely nothing to do with Yingluck unless you think she can control the weather which I don't happen to believe.

Well done to her for getting these meetings and hopefully some good will come off this. i wonder if abhisit was never granted an audience with the queen as she was advised against meeting an undemocratically elected country leader, a man that was in the position on the back of the military.

i also hope she said little to cameron considering he was chums with abhisist at school, I doubt he is the most discreet of people.

So yingluk is doing her job, helping thailand, doing good things, and the usual baying mob on here still abuse her, pathetic.

'I wonder...' Loose translation: I am now going to make something up.

The wonder is in the making up of stories to fit the red agenda, but never mind, we recognise the porkies rolling off the production line.

The amusement is with the Thaksin apologists baying class war and railing against the 'elites' (all huff and puff) and then going all gooey at the thought of an audience with the Queen.

One can only wonder at the conversation with Her Majesty..... ' I hope you are not too uncomfortable being a clone for your brother dear'.

No offence, but was the speech during the 'unparalleled luncheon' in Thai or English with translation handed out before ?

The OP just seem to give the normal blabla one would expect when a PM is visiting some foreign country (even if it's the UK).

I like the "She will use the opportunity to explain Thailand's water management plan resulting from last year's devastating flood year to build confidence among British businesspeople." British business people may have some questions as to the business aspects on the plan and the lack of transparency in the bidding process when one is not allowed by one's own law to facilitate with certain level of commission fees

Of course you are correct there were no major floods this year the same as last year simply because of the minimal rain fall. Absolutely nothing to do with Yingluck unless you think she can control the weather which I don't happen to believe.

Of course she can't, but I reckon her brother can smile.png

What exactly is it with you anyway? Why are you so angry about the Prime Minister's success in the UK.? Is it because the personal audience with Queen Elizabeth provides the endorsement that her opponents were denied (as of course was her brother).The visit of Obama underlines the recognition of Western nations that Thailand now has a legitimate government.Is that what upsets you?

Thank you !

What exactly is it with you anyway? Why are you so angry about the Prime Minister's success in the UK.? Is it because the personal audience with Queen Elizabeth provides the endorsement that her opponents were denied (as of course was her brother).The visit of Obama underlines the recognition of Western nations that Thailand now has a legitimate government.Is that what upsets you?

Thank you !

The legitimacy of a glove puppet?

'I wonder...' Loose translation: I am now going to make something up.

The wonder is in the making up of stories to fit the red agenda, but never mind, we recognise the porkies rolling off the production line.

The amusement is with the Thaksin apologists baying class war and railing against the 'elites' (all huff and puff) and then going all gooey at the thought of an audience with the Queen.

One can only wonder at the conversation with Her Majesty..... ' I hope you are not too uncomfortable being a clone for your brother dear'.

I doubt the Queen would be that crass.

Question: If you had your pick of any Thai to be Thai PM, who would it be then?