Truevisions To Lose Epl?

petedk

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, calm down. I know where rixalex is coming from. Interestingly, while cities like pattaya have had other alternative cable options, this wasn't always the case for Bangkok until more recently. UBC or TRue Visions was the only company for many years.

And now suddenly we have a few options, but let's see how it goes.

So those that want movies and news will still need some other provider (eg true),and then have to get this new provider for the footie? or is this new company also got other stuff.....

Guys, calm down. I know where rixalex is coming from. Interestingly, while cities like pattaya have had other alternative cable options, this wasn't always the case for Bangkok until more recently. UBC or TRue Visions was the only company for many years.

And now suddenly we have a few options, but let's see how it goes.

So those that want movies and news will still need some other provider (eg true),and then have to get this new provider for the footie? or is this new company also got other stuff.....

As a former True subscriber I ditched the lot, telephone, tv package and internet, on the whole I found their service and customer care totally abysmal.

I now have one of those mickey mouse cable options for 350 baht per month, plenty of Premier League shown.

It also has BBC new channel and movie channels.

I remember when True used to show the Champions league, is it still shown?

Yes champions league

Ya.. Tonight 20-21 Nov, TRUE show Manchester City vs Real Madrid and Galatasaray-Man united, Champions Leag

and showed in perfect HD picture... But okay, its middle of the night... But this option with PWR for recording is nice.

About Thread question. My opinion is that TRUE already planned to buy EPL matches of this company (whats theres name?...)

TRue can not drop EPL ... in no way...

The Premier League’s extraordinary global TV rights tender has enjoyed its biggest percentage rise in Thailand, where the next three-year contract is approaching seven times more than the current deal.

Cable network CTH have paid £200million for Premier League content from next season compared with the £30m the Thailand, Laos and Cambodia territory brought in last time round.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2235461/Premier-League-celebrate-whopping-200m-Thai-deal.html#ixzz2CoS9nX00

The Premier League’s extraordinary global TV rights tender has enjoyed its biggest percentage rise in Thailand, where the next three-year contract is approaching seven times more than the current deal.

Cable network CTH have paid £200million for Premier League content from next season compared with the £30m the Thailand, Laos and Cambodia territory brought in last time round.

Hi, could you please alter your font size when posting. As it is now it so very difficult to read Thanks

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2235461/Premier-League-celebrate-whopping-200m-Thai-deal.html#ixzz2CoS9nX00

I have just been on the phone to True and they are very aware of the backlash that could happen if they no longer show Premier League Football after May 2013. Apparently they are in negotiations with the company who won the right to show these games. This will take time but they say a public announcement will be made after negotiations have been completed to let the public know the outcome. We'll see.

Meanwhile those who have True mainly for the EPL as I do should call True Visions to ensure they know how many people would cancel their subscriptions and hopefully make sure they do a deal. (tel. 027252500)

If the EPL was replaced by cricket, one day matches and 20/20 matches I would keep true. I miss my cricket.

• Like 1

Yes Pormax, i have just phoned TRUE and told them what I think about what will happen if they lose EPL. I reminded them of the farce with the EURO games a few months back.

They were apologetic and admitted they have lost the rights but i got the same line about they are negotiating for matches and we will know the outcome later.

-In my view if we do not get live games then anything else ain't worth it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2CoS9nX00

If the Daily Mail is correct, that is an incredible amount of money and it is hardly surprising that True are out of it.

Being the cynical b..std that I am, I can't help feeling that there is a high degree of probability that this deal will go belly-up.

I'm not an expert in the figures for this sort of deal but my gut feeling is that the new licensee paid way over the odds.

Maybe the thinking is that they can sell on the rights to True et al and get their money back. Frankly I have my doubts.

If I was the EPL, I would make sure I received substantial down-payments on this deal, and ensure that the licensee sticks to a tight payment schedule.

It is an old trick in this part of the world to spin lies within lies to delay payments - and in the meantime, signing up as many cash customers as possible.

By the time the EPL gets wise and pulls the plug, the licensee will be laughing all the way to the bank and they will use every trick in the book to avoid being successfully sued by nasty foreigners.

Let's make the most of this season now as it aint looking good for next. Even if true do get some matches it still isn't going to be what we get now ie every game.

Maybe we have been spoilt by this 'awful' company true visions?

As a foot note, unlikely I know, but I'm wondering if this could in some way open the door for ESPN/Star Sports to get back into Thailand with their coverage on true?

• 2 weeks later...

Bearing in mind the article is about the English Premier League you can assume we are talking Association Football..

Which term also means nothing to me.

My question is, do all the different "leagues" or "associations" of the sport called football in the UK all use the same rules, size of pitch and ball etc, or are they actually different variations of the sport called "soccer" in America and I seem to recall also used in Australia, presumably other countries that have different flavours of football?

as the sport was invented in England (UK) then the sports called 'soccer' in US and Australia are the variations of the original, not the other way round.

This would be an absolute disaster for true. I will cancel my subscription on the last day of the season if this is true. The problem then is I would not have all the other sports that true have. This is not good.

Also, will this new outfft show every game and will they have english presenters like true do on their HD channel 135....a disaster is looming.

Any more info woud be appreciated.

When I didn't have True I would go to a bar to watch the match, so losing it could be a blessing in disguise!

This would be an absolute disaster for true. I will cancel my subscription on the last day of the season if this is true. The problem then is I would not have all the other sports that true have. This is not good.

Also, will this new outfft show every game and will they have english presenters like true do on their HD channel 135....a disaster is looming.

When I didn't have True I would go to a bar to watch the match, so losing it could be a blessing in disguise!

Not for me, I don't want to be in noisy bars full of idiots every saturday and sunday night until midnight, but you enjoy yourself.

• Like 1

Not for me, I don't want to be in noisy bars full of idiots every saturday and sunday night until midnight, but you enjoy yourself.

Well before the clocks go back in UK I usually do watch the match with mates and our families in the pub. It's when the kick offs fo to 22:00 I watch at home.

Bearing in mind the article is about the English Premier League you can assume we are talking Association Football..

Which term also means nothing to me.

My question is, do all the different "leagues" or "associations" of the sport called football in the UK all use the same rules, size of pitch and ball etc, or are they actually different variations of the sport called "soccer" in America and I seem to recall also used in Australia, presumably other countries that have different flavours of football?

Yes ..and yes ,in British ,American or any other flavour of the English language you may prefer .

Well before the clocks go back in UK I usually do watch the match with mates and our families in the pub. It's when the kick offs fo to 22:00 I watch at home.

Sure, the extra hour makes a difference. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it but I wouldn't want to be doing that every week...plus i never seem to watch the game properly when I'm out. I'm genuinely concerned about this.

I read recently in an english newspaper that listed the bid percentages +/- of each country to

gain the right to broadcast EPL for the next 3 seasons.

Thailand's winning bid had the highest % increase of 400% from truevisions bid 3 years ago.

With that amount of increase, i can't see how the fees won't increase dramatically whoever will be

broadcasting live EPL next season.

Very bad news for footie fans!

English Premier League,is that where grown men kick a ball around a field? never actually watched it seems pointless ,whish you could get the channels without all that rubbish at a reduced rate.whistling.gif

could get cable, many sports involve grown adults kicking, throwing or hitting some thing around.

If that article is correct it looks like True will not have the EPL next year.

Unlikely the new mob will have HD channels ready as well.

Disappointing news.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

Disappointing news.

It looks like the new mob CTH weren't even expecting to win the bid and don't even have the cabling

infrastructure in place to provide the country nationwide.

In the Bangkok Post article they claim to run fibre optic cables in place by next February?

It seems they're being very ambitious and making a very bold decision on all of this, i'm not instilled with much

confidence though after reading that.

Also, they claim to be a relatively new company and don't have much experience with sport broadcasting either.

Let's make the most of this season now as it aint looking good for next. Even if true do get some matches it still isn't going to be what we get now ie every game.

Maybe we have been spoilt by this 'awful' company true visions?

As a foot note, unlikely I know, but I'm wondering if this could in some way open the door for ESPN/Star Sports to get back into Thailand with their coverage on true?

Call me Mr. Ignorant, but I don't think anyone is going to pay $300 million for 10 games a week and then only show a few of them live.

Nor do I know how someone can draw this conclusion when they don't actually have to start broadcasting until July at the earliest.

With that amount of increase, i can't see how the fees won't increase dramatically whoever will be

Has it occurred to anyone that True may have been robbing you blind for the last two and a bit seasons?

In the Middle East, when Showtime lost out to Abu Dhabi TV, the price of the football dropped from about $50 a month to $100 a year - and that included the addition of live F1 in HD as well.

• Like 1

Disappointing news.

It looks like the new mob CTH weren't even expecting to win the bid and don't even have the cabling

infrastructure in place to provide the country nationwide.

In the Bangkok Post article they claim to run fibre optic cables in place by next February?

It seems they're being very ambitious and making a very bold decision on all of this, i'm not instilled with much

confidence though after reading that.

Also, they claim to be a relatively new company and don't have much experience with sport broadcasting either.

They do however, have satellite distribution to the 800 odd Thai cable operators nationwide already in place and working for years now off the ABS 1 C band satellite.

Has it occurred to anyone that True may have been robbing you blind for the last two and a bit seasons?

In the Middle East, when Showtime lost out to Abu Dhabi TV, the price of the football dropped from about $50 a month to $100 a year - and that included the addition of live F1 in HD as well.

I hope your optimism turns out true Chicog, but i made that assumption based on what has been written in the news

that CTH has won the rights by offering a bid 400% higher than the last one Truevisons made 3 years ago.

This 4 fold increase has to be recouped over the next 3 years!