Truevisions To Lose Epl?

petedk

Here ya go - happy reading.

Thanks but still didn't answer the question, maybe these are just FIFA rules?

rules are the same world wide for all football associations that is why we have the World Cup every four years and not the world series every year

Thank you! sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread just curious.

And can't believe people pay that much money for the boob tube, definitely an eye-opener. I just get the basic Thai channels for the girls, I think B125 a month or something on top of the DSL service.

Uptheos's link is answering your question as FIFA is the world governing body of football and those are the world wide rules.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English Premier League,is that where grown men kick a ball around a field?

Yes, as opposed to the American or Australian way to do it. Place the "deformed ball" on the ground and then pile upp the players on top of the "ball".

Oh you mean the one wear they are so afraid that they wear padding and crash helmets so as not to get hurt?

Oh you mean the one wear they are so afraid that they wear padding and crash helmets so as not to get hurt?

They might make more money than sex workers but OTOH it is more dangerous - they still suffer from concussions as much as boxers the silly <deleted>.

This would be an absolute disaster for true. I will cancel my subscription on the last day of the season if this is true. The problem then is I would not have all the other sports that true have. This is not good.

Also, will this new outfft show every game and will they have english presenters like true do on their HD channel 135....a disaster is looming.

Any more info woud be appreciated.

This would be an absolute disaster for true. I will cancel my subscription on the last day of the season if this is true. The problem then is I would not have all the other sports that true have. This is not good.

Quite. Competition might not end up being a good thing for the customer - we might have to buy tv services from multiple providers.

• Like 1

According to the paper today CTH will use fibre optic cables and their own box.

All should be ready by February next year and will cost 3 - 400 Baht per month. They plan to have seven dedicated football channels.

If this is true (forgive the pun) and they can do the work within the timeframe then True will have serious problems.

They have until July.

Quite. Competition might not end up being a good thing for the customer - we might have to buy tv services from multiple providers.

Not sure i like the sound of that. Dealing with one crap TV service company is bad enough.

Plus no HD for the football.

*looks concerned*

• Like 1

Place the "deformed ball" on the ground and then pile up the players on top of the "ball".

AKA rugby innit?

Well, in the US they Call it American Football. Never seen the guys using their feet to move the "ball" around the field though, looks more like handball to me.

Edited by Semper

*looks concerned*

What makes you think it won't be HD?

Also, will this new outfft show every game and will they have english presenters like true do on their HD channel 135....a disaster is looming.

This year with TrueVision HD sports channels showing Premier League, Formula One, Olympics, Champions League, it really felt like, in spite of all the other crap we put up with from this company, that progress was being actually being made, and that the service they offer was improving. And now this?! Why is it that when things do improve, they can't at the very least maintain that improvement? Instead invariably we slide back to where we were before or worse. So darn frustrating!

I agree, there sports coverage is second to none, which won't go down well with all the TV haters on here.

*looks concerned*

What makes you think it won't be HD?

You think this new crowd will have all that in place come August and all for 300-400 bt a month?

What do you think?

Does HD really matter that much? After all it is only in recent times we have had HD over here for the footy.

It does to me, the picture on my other channels really isn't very good, the difference in quality is huge. Would be gutted to lose it to be honest.

I have a very bad feeling about all of this.

• Like 1

This year with TrueVision HD sports channels showing Premier League, Formula One, Olympics, Champions League, it really felt like, in spite of all the other crap we put up with from this company, that progress was being actually being made, and that the service they offer was improving. And now this?! Why is it that when things do improve, they can't at the very least maintain that improvement? Instead invariably we slide back to where we were before or worse. So darn frustrating!

I agree, there sports coverage is second to none, which won't go down well with all the TV haters on here.

I actually fall in both camps. I love the sport that they currently offer, but on the other hand, as a long standing customer of ten plus years, i hate the way they have repeatedly, countless times, screwed me (and invariably everybody else) around... and the news this week looks like adding another screw up to the list. How difficult can managing that company be? I mean, they have had a virtual monopoly for decades. I reckon a five year old heading that business could have turned a profit and done a better job of channelling those profits into improving customer service/satisfaction, and thereby increasing revenue.

I actually fall in both camps. I love the sport that they currently offer, but on the other hand, as a long standing customer of ten plus years, i hate the way they have repeatedly, countless times, screwed me (and invariably everybody else) around... and the news this week looks like adding another screw up to the list. How difficult can managing that company be? I mean, they have had a virtual monopoly for decades. I reckon a five year old heading that business could have turned a profit and done a better job of channelling those profits into improving customer service/satisfaction, and thereby increasing revenue.

Valid points.

Does HD really matter that much? After all it is only in recent times we have had HD over here for the footy.

TVs are much bigger than they used to be. If you have anything larger than 32inch, non HD football is pretty abysmal. You'd really be better off going back to your 21 inch Triniton. Would be a clearer picture.

I seem to remember thinking the same when True won the last bid and ESPN were blocked from sending EPL games to Thailand. There were many fears that True couldn't manage, knew nothing about football and so on.

The one thing i really missed was the English commentators during the half time break as I was really pissed off listening to the Thai commentators.

Then when we received HD all was foregiven as John and Co. were back.

I am sure the HD channel will be part of the package. CTH have said they will dedicate seven chanels to football so I think they have big plans to make this succeed.

Edited by petedk

I seem to remember thinking the same when True won the last bid and ESPN were blocked from sending EPL games to Thailand. There were many fears that True couldn't manage, knew nothing about football and so on.

The one thing i really missed was the English commentators during the half time break as I was really pissed off listening to the Thai commentators.

Then when we received HD all was foregiven as John and Co. were back.

I am sure the HD channel will be part of the package. CTH have said they will dedicate seven chanels to football so I think they have big plans to make this succeed.

Well it sounds like they have spent a fortune on it, so it does make sense to get it right.

What concern me though, I would then find it hard to justify keeping TV which would then mean losing all the other sports that they broadcast every year...or do you pay the extra 400 baht for this new thing...on that point, 400 baht seems a bit cheap.

I'm not panicking just yet as I feel there is more to come out over the next few weeks with this.

Edited by hotandhumid

not very good news,but as long as you can get same service,some were else so be it,for all the knockers of true vision out there,which im sure 50% of them propaly have not got the service,i am a very satisfied customer,there sports coverage of major events around the world is excepetional,and for 1500bht is a bargin.and there hd channels are a snip at 100bht a month,long may true vision reign.

not very good news,but as long as you can get same service,some were else so be it,for all the knockers of true vision out there,which im sure 50% of them propaly have not got the service,i am a very satisfied customer,there sports coverage of major events around the world is excepetional,and for 1500bht is a bargin.and there hd channels are a snip at 100bht a month,long may true vision reign.

Well said that man. You have to remember many members here live on 30-35k a month, so the thought of paying bt1500 for true is simply something that they cannot comprehend. That is one months worth of noodles.

• Like 1

Knockers of True Vision haven't even got the service? What a bizarre thing to say. Are people really that lacking of something to do that they imagine and make up customer service issues with a company they don't even use? I can't imagine so. I'm certainly not imagining or making up the problems i have experienced.

How long have you been a True Visions subscriber out of interest?

Knockers of True Vision haven't even got the service? What a bizarre thing to say. Are people really that lacking of something to do that they imagine and make up customer service issues with a company they don't even use? I can't imagine so. I'm certainly not imagining or making up the problems i have experienced.

You are wrong mate. Many people that don't have true knock it..that is FACT.

Well said that man. You have to remember many members here live on 30-35k a month, so the thought of paying bt1500 for true is simply something that they cannot comprehend. That is one months worth of noodles.

I am one of those members on the 30K salary.

Anyway I don't think the expat community count for a very large percentage of customers. I know many Thais who don't have other than Knowledge packages. I have spoken to many of them and they would love to see English Premier League but think that it is far too expensive.

So there a lot of potential customers for CTH if the price is right.

You are wrong mate. Many people that don't have true knock it..that is FACT.

If that is true (pardon the pun), and i personally doubt it is, the only reason i can think of for why people would knock something they don't have, is that they had it before but got so pissed off they cancelled it.... which would make their knocking valid. Can you give another reason why people would knock something they don't have or use? And can you tell me how you know it to be a FACT?