Applying For Tourist Visa To India At The Cm Indian Consulate (Non-Thais)

weary

Has anyone here who is neither Thai nor Indian applied for a tourist visa to India at the CM consulate?

If so, I'd appreciate hearing a little bit about your experience, whether the Indian Consulate in CM are happy to accept applications from non-Thais, what documents they required, etc. I'd need a visa valid for a 14 day stay in March next year.

Thanks for any pointers! (Yes, I will contact the consulate directly, too.)

3 years ago I went there, bring passport in the morning/early afternoon, fill in the form, pick it up in the afternoon a few days later. Perhaps the opening time is only afternoon, not sure. The entrance was near the back of the building. No problems, just the consul is not always available, that's all. Perhaps they need some time to check. I am Dutch.

I am an Aussie and live in Phuket. I had to apply on-line with a very detailed form, they wanted to know even when I last visited India, my previous visa number, where I visited, a reference in India, reference in the country where you are applying, my parents name where they were born, etc etc etc and then they give you a choice of dates for an interview min 3 working days after you fill out the form. At the interview you have to take in printed copy of the forms you filled in on-line, your passport, photocopy of passport, photocopy of visa, 2 passport photos 2 inches square. After the interview if everything is ok, they will tell you to pick it up in 3 days.

As I didn't want to wait in Bangkok or CM for 3 days, I did mine in Cambodia with the same procedure. It used to be very easy the last time I had got an Indian visa but now it has changed. They asked me my traveling dates and I was stupid enough to tell them that I was going for 1 month. So instead of a 6 month double entry visa that I should have got, they only gave me a single entry visa for 6 weeks. http://www.ivac-th.com/important.html

Go there: Indian Visa Application, get an appointment date which would be issued to you online. Print the application. Take your passport and two pictures. Has to be white background and the size is mentioned when you do the application online. Photocopy the front page of your passport, the page of your thaivisa, page which states your first entry to prove you have been staying here for a long time, the departure card, and any other relevant pages. Also bring any old passport should you have an older Indian visa on it. They are very concerned on how long ago ago you went there. They would issue a single entry 3 month only visa. If you need a double entry visa with the validity of 6 months, you need to provide a detailed itinerary of what plans you have in mind together with supporting documents. ie, booked tickets, hotel booking information, travel plans. They would interview you and ask a lot more questions on your requirements of 6 months visa. You also need to note that you would not be allowed entry if its been less than two months that you have returned from India.

Visa is only issued in Chiang Mai if you have been staying here for more than 2 years. Or it might be 1 year. Not sure. They would ask you to apply at your country of origin or you last long term place of residence otherwise. Good luck.

edit: visa application time mon-fri- 9- 12pm. application not accepted in the afternoon.

Edited by tigerbeer