Why Do They Bother Painting Lines On The Roads?

rene123

The answer is quite clear. The Tai people love to decorate things and are very good at it. Why should the roads be any exception. Any day now I expect to see stars, triangles, etc appear scattered about on the roadway. Perhaps we could even have some lovely pictures !

I had a laugh the other day. I was riding my bike in Pattaya and they had closed part of the road to paint a big box junction in yellow paint. This is where you are supposed not to enter until your exit is clear (so as not to block oncoming traffic). My humour was at the thought that any thai would give the slightest thought about the use of a box junction.

I had a laugh the other day. I was riding my bike in Pattaya and they had closed part of the road to paint a big box junction in yellow paint. This is where you are supposed not to enter until your exit is clear (so as not to block oncoming traffic). My humour was at the thought that any thai would give the slightest thought about the use of a box junction.

But it'll be quite a little money-spinner for the BiB when their mia noi/whisky funds are running low. . .

Three or four days ago part of Threppasit road in Pattaya was blocked off while a new "yellow box junction" was painted. Yesterday I passed there again and the "yellow box" could hardly be seen. Reckon most of it has ended up on the tires of cars that was allowed to pass over it before the paint was dry.

From my experience of these in Pattaya the biggest offenders are Farang in their big 4WD trucks. The baht bus drivers seem to be the best almost always staying well out of them when traffic is stationary.