Need A Custom Desk Built

cyber_cynic

Guest The Judge

IT can organise it in CM and have it sent down.

They need designs, and budget first or just a size and budget and they will design.

www.chiangmaimall.com/partners/

Theres a whole community of furniture manufacturers in Bangkok where they make all sorts of good quality furniture. Dont know the exact address bit the are ais north of the Dusit area and just west of the Chatuchak area. I will try to find more info and post it is I do !

Thanks for the responses so far.

The desk I have is something similar to this...

V760S.jpg

The one I would like to have built will be 2400W x 800D x 750H to be used as a computer desk.

The look should be similar to the desk, but wth a glass top - not leather.

The construction will be based on the pedestal principle (i.e. 2 pedestals and a removable top) for easy handling.

The pedestals will be 800W with drawer/cupboard space. The centre will have a keyboard drawer and a free standing roll-out section for the PC.

Material should be solid wood. Workmanship must be very good. Budget is around 15,000 baht.

Not sure iif that narrows down the recommendations, but appreciate the input.

Guest IT Manager

Would look good in solid teak. Design is very basic. Dowel the top to the plinths so it is easier for the locals to put together after shipping.

If you are unabl to get anything in BKK would be a cinch here. Likely 5-6K plus the glass.

PM me if you get serious.

IT

Plenty like that in Burma. Trouble is, you have to make sure they don't coat it with cheap varnish. Also, I'm not very happy with the Burmese brass fittings.

Chiang Mai is a good source for Thai wooden furniture, and you've already had a serious offer from a long term resident up there. Go for it, and let us all know if you get what you want.