What Do You Drink Alone?

rics21

Two big bottles of Chang for 85 baht....Follow that up with some whiskey(s) on the rocks. Follow that with a few Modelos and after a while, you can drink gasoline and not know the difference.

I especially enjoy drinking at the bar carts late at night, especially when I find myself no longer alone and with a woman...

I'm a social drinker only which means when annoying drunks keep pestering me to 'have a drink' I'll accept a beer in a glass full of ice placed in front of me. It sits there getting warm. It makes a puddle. Some idiot will shortly add more ice. The puddle spreads. The experiment continues.

I see drinking as a weak man's problem. The inability to say no, the need to be 'lubed' in order to relax and find a voice. I've also never been entertained or impressed by bar room fully paid up members holding court on every subject and giving thier addled views on everything from art to argon; zachariah to zoology. They make as much sense as binomial theorum.

They amuse each other only when soused. They find each other only when soused.

I chose life; the fully awake version without morning, afternoon, evening hangovers, domestic abuse and violence, full employment, good health and an appetite not only for 3 squares a day but .......... where I started: life.

My best friend doesn't nor ever was to be found in the bottom of a bottle.

So for me it's water. Until you appreciate how good that tastes then you really haven't started living.

cool story bro.

So for me it's water. Until you appreciate how good that tastes then you really haven't started living.

I really wish you wouldn't waste water that should be better used for something worthwhile like brewing beer. sad.png

Oh I appreciate how good water tastes, I have to keep reminding the mrs to use only sparkling water for my ice cubes, regular water just doesnt cut it in a single malt.

Just bought a bottle of "One More" from Big C. 295B for a full litre. Claims on the bottle "One More is the only Whisky with the Scotch Whisky taste".

Tastes like Blend 285 to me. It is, in fact, premium blended spirits.

Just bought a bottle of "One More" from Big C. 295B for a full litre. Claims on the bottle "One More is the only Whisky with the Scotch Whisky taste".

Never heard of the stuff, but at that price I wouldnt be surprised if it was only 35 instead of 40 degree.

'It is, in fact, premium blended spirits.' Love it, you can only laugh at these sort of claims, probably highly illegal anywhere else in the world.

Another decent cheap ass drink is Grande, 215 from you local 7, or 205 in your local Tesco.

Anyway I forgot to mention another half decent cheap ass whisky, about 350 per bottle, Ben More, read up on it here, I actually prefer it to 100 Pipers

http://www.whiskyboys.com/2011/04/06/ben-more-four-casks-blended-scotch-whisky-tasting/

And you believe them? They already started lying when they wrote the word Whisky on their package.

No, I don't believe them! Its a blended spirit claiming to be a whisky that is the only whisky to taste like scotch whisky. Its hilarious.

Doesn't taste anything like whisky. Tastes like Blend 285. Got a litre of it. sad.png

Agree with the above that Ben Moore is the most passable of the sub 500B options.

I really wish you wouldn't waste water that should be better used for something worthwhile like brewing beer. sad.png

Oh I appreciate how good water tastes, I have to keep reminding the mrs to use only sparkling water for my ice cubes, regular water just doesnt cut it in a single malt.

I wouldn't normally comment on a thread like this, but what has water got to do with a single malt?

Personally, the only thing worth drinking on your own is excessively - how much is your own concern

SC

• Like 2

I'm a social drinker only which means when annoying drunks keep pestering me to 'have a drink' I'll accept a beer in a glass full of ice placed in front of me. It sits there getting warm. It makes a puddle. Some idiot will shortly add more ice. The puddle spreads. The experiment continues.

I see drinking as a weak man's problem. The inability to say no, the need to be 'lubed' in order to relax and find a voice. I've also never been entertained or impressed by bar room fully paid up members holding court on every subject and giving thier addled views on everything from art to argon; zachariah to zoology. They make as much sense as binomial theorum.

They amuse each other only when soused. They find each other only when soused.

I chose life; the fully awake version without morning, afternoon, evening hangovers, domestic abuse and violence, full employment, good health and an appetite not only for 3 squares a day but .......... where I started: life.

My best friend doesn't nor ever was to be found in the bottom of a bottle.

cool story bro.

Yeah. That was deep.

Love the bit about Argon Zachariah. I heard he's just requested a transfer to Man Utd.

Edited by SiameseCurios

I feel sorry for those who don't drink.

When they wake up in the morning.....that's the best they will feel all day.

Their inhibitions are kept at an even keel.

Their awareness of their surroundings never changes....(think of the ugly girl who transforms into a beauty queen after a few or more)

I could go on...but those of a like mind need no convincing.

Cheers.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for those who don't drink.

When they wake up in the morning.....that's the best they will feel all day.

Their inhibitions are kept at an even keel.

Their awareness of their surroundings never changes....(think of the ugly girl who transforms into a beauty queen after a few or more)

I could go on...but those of a like mind need no convincing.

Cheers.

blink.png

But sooner or later, the 'Beauty' will transform back into the 'Beast'. And won't understand your point of view, without that certain level of alcohol in your system!

giggle.gif