Dealing With Property Managers In Bkk

Hi All,

Myself and my wife are relocating from OZ to BKK for work.

We are looking to lease and move into a house 4 bedrooms in the "Burbs".. Bang Na and surrounds, and would appreciate recommendations of good agencies.

All we have available at the moment is internet with some pretty steep pricing....remembering that you usually get what you pay for, is there a general starting percentage for negotiation off the list price?

Apologies is this discussion is old news

Guidance really appreciated

Thanks!

RD

Market is swamped at the moment with over supply. I would offer 30% less than asking price to start with and take it from there. If they don't accept offer the same price again for 2-3 year contract instead of 1 year. The agent will present any offer to the owner.

4 Bedroom (approx 400sqm) house Bang Na in quality compound expect 100k-140k asking price is about normal at the top end. Now is a good time for family home rentals as the school year is already commenced and those remaining for rent are shall we say eager to get a tenant asap.

Ref Agency. Just use google and when you see a house listed that you like email them. I am not a great believer in giving your sole house search to a single agent.

Shop the internet then email the agent who has the house your interested in. Agents in Bangkok are hit and miss as there is no regulation anyone can call themselves an agent here and get the commission on a rental (They just look the internet find a house suggest it to you. make a deal with the listing agent and pocket half the commission with the listing agent)

Edited by negreanu

Market is swamped at the moment with over supply. I would offer 30% less than asking price to start with and take it from there. If they don't accept offer the same price again for 2-3 year contract instead of 1 year. The agent will present any offer to the owner.

4 Bedroom (approx 400sqm) house Bang Na in quality compound expect 100k-140k asking price is about normal at the top end. Now is a good time for family home rentals as the school year is already commenced and those remaining for rent are shall we say eager to get a tenant asap.

Ref Agency. Just use google and when you see a house listed that you like email them. I am not a great believer in giving your sole house search to a single agent.

Shop the internet then email the agent who has the house your interested in. Agents in Bangkok are hit and miss as there is no regulation anyone can call themselves an agent here and get the commission on a rental (They just look the internet find a house suggest it to you. make a deal with the listing agent and pocket half the commission with the listing agent)

+1

Start from 40% and haggle your way tru

There are many 4 bedrooms available in the major developers projects such as Siri etc. But price is 100k+

The Crest development springs to mind but that is more Sukhumvit than Bang Na. Tend to be on the expensive side there at 200-250k

Try some of the better quality agents such as Richard Ellis CBRE, Accom Asia.

Be careful with some of the cheaper options as listed above such as project security, Facilities etc. Like you stated in your original post you get what you pay for.

100K will get you a class A property with top notch security patrolling constantly, swimming pools, Fitness, Playgrounds and Decent neighbours smile.png which can be a MAJOR issue in some of the cheaper housing developments in Bang Na and of course peace of mind for family security.

Edited by negreanu