Best Way To Get To Udon Thani From Cm?

Crazy canadian

There's a helicopter charter place on the middle ring road, to the east of Big C, Hangdong road. I think that would be a brilliant way to go biggrin.png

Why would you say that the Guy is new on this and just needs a little info. Grow up

Actually, you said it. whistling.gif

Edited by Semper

There's a helicopter charter place on the middle ring road, to the east of Big C, Hangdong road. I think that would be a brilliant way to go biggrin.png

The Guy has only posted 13 times and is new why would you be so un kind Grow Up

Unkind? Take a chill pill & get a sense of humour. What do you think the smiley indicates? IMHO, UG is being unkind by recommending the bus sad.png

if moneys is no object then fly is quicker ,

if not 880 baht for the night bus 20:30 coming and going - if travelling alone best seat is probably at the front row on the top deck on left hand side has long leg room and it's on it's own.

there's no electrics on the bus.

if you buy nok air flight early you can get for less than 2000 baht one way if not 3000-3500 for last minute, there's also a nok air mini flight which costs a bit more but is more fun because flies lower and maybe shorter fly time ?

the new buses are much better these days,

if your going to the thai embassy in vientiane and want to get there the same morning flying maybe better option,

fly then 200 baht transfer to the border,

or night bus 900 baht then 700 baht private transfer to the border.

you can take cheap buses all the way but there's not many going from the udon bus station to nong khai and you may have to wait an hour - you can get a tuk tuk to take you to a different bus stop which reduces that potential hour wait to 20 mins on average.

if your going to vientiane getting back to the bus station or the airport isn't simple or cheap - if you fly back you may have to spend an extra night in udon or vientiane ?

ideally a cheap sale nok air flight for under 1000 baht is best and if you don't want to stay in udon hotels you can spend bit extra on taxis.

what are you going to udon for ?

Unkind? Take a chill pill & get a sense of humour. What do you think the smiley indicates? IMHO, UG is being unkind by recommending the bus sad.png

There is no such thing as humour on Thaivisa. If you want that you need to go to the jokes section or the entertainment section, and even then you might get your butt chewed off by the sour pusses.

Does this mean there is no helicopter charter place?

cheap bus 300 baht

Mini Bus maybe 700 baht (just a guess)

Nok Air varies 1500 to 3500 baht one way.

Rent a car? no idea? how much is that with fuel?

Car a 4-6 day charter can allow you one way service for free. about 1.000 - 1.200 Baht a day, Gasoline, 8 l per 100 km or less and at 700 km,

about 55 x 40 Baht = 2.000 B. All together, 6.000 Baht One way or +>.

I would say,not come to Udon when you have no GF here, fly to Bangkok, Pattaya or stay in Chiang Mai, Udon is not enough!

Does this mean there is no helicopter charter place?

Afraid so. sad.png

cheap bus 300 baht

Mini Bus maybe 700 baht (just a guess)

Nok Air varies 1500 to 3500 baht one way.

Rent a car? no idea? how much is that with fuel?

Car a 4-6 day charter can allow you one way service for free. about 1.000 - 1.200 Baht a day, Gasoline, 8 l per 100 km or less and at 700 km,

I would say,not come to Udon when you have no GF here, fly to Bangkok, Pattaya or stay in Chiang Mai, Udon is not enough!

I know I drive quick but 2,000 Baht gasoline is a little low as I use approximately 2 full tanks 3,800 to 4,000 Baht. It is not the easiest route to get great consumption

Gasoline, 8 l per 100 km or less and at 700 km,

I know I drive quick but 2,000 Baht gasoline is a little low as I use approximately 2 full tanks 3,800 to 4,000 Baht. It is not the easiest route to get great consumption

Depends also on the car,you have, an old one? Needs more! My old Ranger, no power, but takes 10-11 L per 100km.

The smallest available and with Gasohol should be ok with my consumption, driven careful, even less, for sure.

If you lucky and you get a Pick Up Diesel, 2.500 cc (Available in Phuket, else?), you need <8 l per 100km.

Is, 700 km, 60 x 31 = 1.800 Baht

Do not know what you driving, but I wanted only make assumptions on the smaller, cheaper breed of cars.

The 3.000 cc 163 HP Toyota, Light weight Pick up, 2 door, no 4x4, I use, needs sporty driven 8 L.

car.gif

I drive sporty, but not crazy, (most times), to.thumbsup.gif

Edited by ALFREDO