Yingluck Fears Violence At Protest; Police Claim Plot To Kidnap Prime Minister

webfact

"The court found no grounds to believe that the rally was aimed at overthrowing the country's democratic system of government" except for the fact that Boonlert said the whole reason behind the rally was to overthrow the democratically elected government. These judges are sharp.

Yes, they can comprehend that "overthrowing the government" does not mean the same as "overthrowing the country's democratic system."

Why can't you?

Exactly. Red shirt supporters were full of their 'right' to overthrow another government in 2010. But of course it's not 'right' to overthrow 'our' government.

do you know the difference between calling for a vote and calling for a coup? if they want to overthrow the government but not by coup, tell me then how do they want to democratically do it? what do you think they are trying to do, in your opinion?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The court found no grounds to believe that the rally was aimed at overthrowing the country's democratic system of government" except for the fact that Boonlert said the whole reason behind the rally was to overthrow the democratically elected government. These judges are sharp.

Yes, they can comprehend that "overthrowing the government" does not mean the same as "overthrowing the country's democratic system."

Why can't you?

Exactly. Red shirt supporters were full of their 'right' to overthrow another government in 2010. But of course it's not 'right' to overthrow 'our' government.

do you know the difference between calling for a vote and calling for a coup? if they want to overthrow the government but not by coup, tell me then how do they want to democratically do it? what do you think they are trying to do, in your opinion?

Perhaps they think that a huge number of protesters will shame the government into calling early elections.

which is different to calling for early elections and then rejecting them in favour of violence when they were offered.

• Like 1

Why can't you?

Seems to me that we have danced this dance before and you could not find the ]paragraph that said let us have a coup. He did how ever cite the possibility of it. But that is not asking for it. But you just keep on believing. No matter what was said. Or how it was said.

I know you did not ask for my opinion but here it is they are trying to get you and people like you the chance to learn about the government they have and have them put the pressure on their government. When the people tell the office holders that if they don't change their ways they do not stand a chance of reelection that will get the governments attention because from the moment they are elected that is there number one priority and they never loose sight of it.

Perhaps they think that a huge number of protesters will shame the government into calling early elections.

which is different to calling for early elections and then rejecting them in favour of violence when they were offered.

yeah, perhaps... is that what you think they are aiming for?

Seems to me that we have danced this dance before and you could not find the ]paragraph that said let us have a coup. He did how ever cite the possibility of it. But that is not asking for it. But you just keep on believing. No matter what was said. Or how it was said.

I know you did not ask for my opinion but here it is they are trying to get you and people like you the chance to learn about the government they have and have them put the pressure on their government. When the people tell the office holders that if they don't change their ways they do not stand a chance of reelection that will get the governments attention because from the moment they are elected that is there number one priority and they never loose sight of it.

ok then... AFTER the first rally, he just mentioned that the only way to topple this government was by a coup - for no reason, he talked about freezing the country - for no reason, he talked about a future with an unelected government for maybe 5 years - for no reason.

so i have to accept all that, ok/

then i must accept that there is no link between his personal statements and the group that he founded and is the leader/spokesman of, then i am in your line of thinking?

i'd rather not, thanks.

i think you're being naive tbh.

do you support them btw?

She must of been reading too many post on here. smile.png

The amount of love she get here It's supreme.

I suspect that that have uncovered a plot by a group of rather desperate geriatric TVF posters to kidnap her and put her into sexual slavery.

Police set up 53 checkpoints along all major roads to Bangkok

Checkpoints lined along all major roads to Bangkok Friday ahead of the scheduled big anti-government rally.

"We have manned 53 checkpoints to search for weapons and drugs, and to deter any attempt by a third party to stir up violence," Provincial Police Region 4 commander Lt General Kavi Supanan said Friday.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-23

What this means is that checkpoints have been set up to deter any possible person with a constitutional right to peaceful protest from getting anywhere near Bangkok for as long as possible. However all buses, trucks and coaches from Issan will be waved through. The whole thing is a two faced, double standard crock of sh**e.

Intimidation is desperation.

Importation of police from Issan to run some of the Bangkok checkpoints is unusual, but necessary to match the National Police Chief's announcement of up to 80,000 police being utilized.

Edited by Buchholz

Oh The hypocrisy , protect property, uphold law .......... And spread untruths. Democracy Red style.

Democracy Yellow style.......... Shut down Airport. Oh the Hypocrisy.

Err, where did you see me mention supporting the Yellow shirts. I think holding Bangkok to ransom for months on end, RPGS, arson, intimidation etc, etc was far different though. Democracy, yeah right.....

• Like 1

how many buildings did the Siam Pitak burn down in anger?

None.What's your point? As I mentioned it's encouraging Pitak Siam have condemned the disgusting behaviour of their fascist thugs.

So there was some light trouble with provocateurs and therefor Pitak Siam are fascist thugs.

When the reds looting shops than it is a fight for democracy.

Maybe you should take off your red googles and come to a balanced view of things.

Pot, kettle, black.....

At that time the PTP looked like they were being denied the right to an election.

When it finally happened they won an absolute majority. End of story until the next election.

Pitak Siam are now inciting public disorder when it is clear that most Thai's ( when

you include the rural voters ) are more than happy to allow the government to

do it's job ?

Never denied. PTP forced new elections in mid term to get their guys

Won majority with substantial vote buying

End of story? The opposite: mandate doesn't mean impunity

Those in this organized food chain cling to the status quo indeed, while disenchantment grows even among the PT original supposed beneficiaries