Bounty Bars

chocolate hob nobs and digestives in big c and a reasonable price.

Are they back in stock now? I checked the other day... "no have" McVities bickies sad.png Big C a lot cheaper than Tesco on McVities ... and more types plain and milk chocolate!!!...not seen them in Tesco thumbsup.gif . .... (when either store has them) usually slow to re-stock w00t.gif You have to catch em fast.. or they're gone!!! sad.png

Missed the Bounty bars in Tesco today.... rolleyes.gif

There was mention in the food forum a few weeks ago, that Cadbury's was back in Thailand.... slooooow on getting to Samui!!! blink.pngbiggrin.png

Are they back in stock now? I checked the other day... "no have" McVities bickies sad.png Big C a lot cheaper than Tesco on McVities ... and more types plain and milk chocolate!!!...not seen them in Tesco thumbsup.gif . .... (when either store has them) usually slow to re-stock w00t.gif You have to catch em fast.. or they're gone!!! sad.png

There was mention in the food forum a few weeks ago, that Cadbury's was back in Thailand.... slooooow on getting to Samui!!! blink.pngbiggrin.png

Both Hob Nobs and Chocolate Digestives (Milk & Plain) were in stock yesterday at Big C.

Big C had Bounty, Lion Bars, Milky Way and Rolo a few weeks ago but no more in stock since early November.

Edited by Bluebell

Both Hob Nobs and Chocolate Digestives (Milk & Plain) were in stock yesterday at Big C.

Big C had Bounty, Lion Bars, Milky Way and Rolo a few weeks ago but no more in stock since early November.

I suspect a stampede about to happen!!!! biggrin.png

Tops in Chewang has McVities digestive biscuits most of the time (chocolate and plain). Not cheap! We have just finished the ones we bought ealier in the week.

Be careful with Cadburys chocolate. The stuff sold in Thailand is usually made in Malaysia. Different recipe to the REAL stuff - made in Birmingham, UK.

The Malay stuff is OK (tropical recipe) but the UK recipe is the dogs bollloxxx (more milk).

If you want to know the difference, come and visit. We still have a bar or two from when 'mission control' went back to the UK

I was lucky enough to get a bag of pickled onion flavoured monster munch in the Premier Bar in Bangrak last night,,,

God dam_n you, you claim to be having a thanksgiving supper in bubbas, all to throw us off the scent of the pickled onion monster munch holy grail available in bangrak. Hats off to you, you should be the next bond!:ph34r::)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

Tops in Chewang has McVities digestive biscuits most of the time (chocolate and plain). Not cheap! We have just finished the ones we bought ealier in the week.

Be careful with Cadburys chocolate. The stuff sold in Thailand is usually made in Malaysia. Different recipe to the REAL stuff - made in Birmingham, UK.

The Malay stuff is OK (tropical recipe) but the UK recipe is the dogs bollloxxx (more milk).

If you want to know the difference, come and visit. We still have a bar or two from when 'mission control' went back to the UK

Haven't been to Tops in about 3 years... too over priced and not worth the effort to get there!!! I would not remember how to find it, even if I wanted too!!! wink.png

Yes, Canadian Cadbury Chocolate was not same same either, .... as the real McCoy, ... too sweet bah.gif !!! I always remember some one telling me the Brits have a more "mature taste" thumbsup.gif so I know the difference.... thanks anyway!!!

I think I remember reading somewhere that the Malay version is made to make it more heat resistant, developed in Oz or Kiwi land if I remember..rolleyes.gif .... ..

but they tried to re-invent Marmite too biggrin.pngbah.gif ... sorry Rooo and anyone else from down under!!! tongue.png

One day, soon I hope, I'll get to the member who brought some chocolate back from UK,..... but he's not easy to get hold of !!! ..... it's going to be very matured soon .... whistling.gif

If I remember correctly Big C price was 94 baht for digestives, and Tesco 149 baht.... usually not such a discrepancy in prices on most things....Big C Chocolate ones smaller packet 64 baht, if memory serves~~? never seen in Tesco...

The Digestives and Hob Nobs, at Big C are not in their usual isle .... They are in a display in the centre isle.... near the knickers and stuff!

I had to ask a girl their three times to show me, she happened to be packing some in a gift basket, so I was able to point to what I wanted.... she pointed vaguely over there twice ... the third time I made her show me! !!! blink.pngcrazy.gif

For those who like Seriously Cheddar Cheese they have some of those 2 for one now... several types thumbsup.gif

I had forgotten Tropicalevo said Bounty's and Rolo were at Tesco.... I thought there had been a mutiny and the Rolos' had rolled off the shelf overnight !!!! .... cos "no have" at Big C! biggrin.png

Jimmy

You need better glasses - I picked up the last 6 milk chocolate bars this morning. licklips.gif There are still some plain chocolate ones left though. clap2.gif

Oh hate making a spectacle of myself !!! goof.gif I was not in Tesco today though... maybe I was there before they re-stocked the shelves yesterday....... we'll blame Rooo anyway! biggrin.pngemot-kiss.gif

can i eat chocolate digestives on a diet?

mixed with diet coke.

Is there any other diet substiutes for my sugar dailt fix and choicholate.

Edited by Rooo
Removed one sentence.

can i eat chocolate digestives on a diet? ABSOLUTELY NOT.... you just bring them over to my place I'll look after them... I promise to keep the packaging for you... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

mixed with diet coke. bah.gifsick.gif

Is there any other diet substiutes for my sugar dailt fix and choicholate. YOU ARE LOSING US HERE .....wink.pngwhistling.gif

Edited by Rooo
Removed deleted sentence.

Yes, but where does the Cadbury's available in Thailand come from? If it's under license from a Malaysian factory, it is awful. In Malaysia, they sell the watery version made under license in Australia which is just as bad. So far locally, I have only found genuine British-made Cabdbury's in Vietnam.

Yes, but where does the Cadbury's available in Thailand come from? If it's under license from a Malaysian factory, it is awful. In Malaysia, they sell the watery version made under license in Australia which is just as bad. So far locally, I have only found genuine British-made Cabdbury's in Vietnam.

Sorry - but the Thai Cadbury's is from Malaysia. Not the 'real thing' bah.gif

The Bounty Bars were good quality though - as Rooo said. Made in Germany. I did not manage to eat 38 bars, and I only have 7 bars left! Let's hope that Tesco get some more in.licklips.gif

Sorry - but the Thai Cadbury's is from Malaysia. Not the 'real thing' bah.gif

The Bounty Bars were good quality though - as Rooo said. Made in Germany. I did not manage to eat 38 bars, and I only have 7 bars left! Let's hope that Tesco get some more in.licklips.gif

Bounty made in Germany ??? yiks!!! .....what's the world coming too? biggrin.png I guess that's one of those EU things... The Eurobrats hard at work again!

I remember a few years back they were talking about making HP sauce in France.... and nearly causing a revolution ... did that actually happen? huh.png

Now everyone knows why I stock up on the Tesco Dark chocolate when it comes in, at least that is quite palatable! ..... but I would not mind the "special version" Cadburys makes for Q E 2!

In Malaysia, the varieties of Cadbury bars boggles the mind, but agree not same same as the real thing!

Good thing Hershey did not take over Cadbury, that got to be the worst chocolate made.... bah.gif I know Americans don't thing so... but..... w00t.gif

.... I'd better go hide now ..... ph34r.pngbiggrin.png