Thai Visa Yearly Fee...but The Money Goes To Thai Charity

krisb

If there was a small fee to be a member on Thai Visa, and the money raised went to a Thai charity that WE all could have a vote on, would you pay?

By small fee I mean like 100baht or there abouts....

So would you?wai2.gif

If we could, would a mod or admin pay it and post a pic on here to show how it went?

I think if the site thought they could get an annual fee it would have been introduced long ago, hence the very heavy adverstising. Most posts I read seem to be about where to get the cheapest this, that and the other, that doesn't sound like people happy to donate. Plus also may give the owners headaches and complaints about who to donate to etc.

Problems with all charities is the bureaucracies lavish lifestyles eat up most of the money, better to find where you would like to donate and go and slap it in their hands, although things not easily converted to cash wouldn't be a bad idea to minimise temptation.

• Like 1

I think if the site thought they could get an annual fee it would have been introduced long ago, hence the very heavy adverstising. Most posts I read seem to be about where to get the cheapest this, that and the other, that doesn't sound like people happy to donate. Plus also may give the owners headaches and complaints about who to donate to etc.

Problems with all charities is the bureaucracies lavish lifestyles eat up most of the money, better to find where you would like to donate and go and slap it in their hands, although things not easily converted to cash wouldn't be a bad idea to minimise temptation.

I suppose I need to snap out of it....its just not a perfect world is it?

Still, if you can run a succesfull internet forum all about Thailand, then finding a worthy charity or cause in Thailand to assist isnt an impossible idea is it?

• Like 1

If there was a small fee to be a member on Thai Visa, and the money raised went to a Thai charity that WE all could have a vote on, would you pay?

Guess I could pay (a small fee), if there would be no ads slowing down the download time. smile.png

• Like 2

Guess I could pay (a small fee), if there would be no ads slowing down the download time. smile.png

I don't think that THB 100 would cover the monthly cost of running ThaiVisa.

But then, a voluntary donation to a charity of ThaiVisa's choice, the name of which to be announced in advance, wouldn't be such a bad idea in this commercial festive season.

• Like 1

I would pay as much as 250 bht PA if i didn't get all these dating sites popping up causing endless questions by persons looking over my shoulder,( My search history has never included dating sites!).

At the end of the day it would stop Trolls coming on with multiple usernames.

In all probability the idea is unworkable, so it looks like we are stuck with the ads.