Uk Tourist Visa For An Indian

hi..

i think this is one forum where i can expect all my queries to be answered. I am thinking of visiting London in april during the 2nd or the 3rd weekend, however there are few doubts that i have. i m indian living in india, the rules might differ but i hope the experts out here can be of some use to me.

1. how much bank balance would i need to maintian in my bank account if the visit is just for 5-7 days? can two bank accounts be shown to support my balance? i m earning a bonus this month end. will the salary slip b a good proof for this?

2. do the visa authority really call up the emplyer for reference. i can give my employers name and address but hes an ######. moreover i am going in the weekend, do not intend to take any formal leaves (taking sick leave), therefore no leave letters. what do u suggest?

3. my trip is being sponsored by my friend and i wish to not take his name at all. or should i take his name? in either cases do i really need a booked reservations in the hotels? cant i claim to be doing the resevatiosn in some youth hostels once i reach there?

4. if the bank balance seems insufficient i guess i can always say my dad is gifting me the airtickets.or isit too lame?

5. when should be the right time to apply for the visa march or april?

do help me here !!

I think as a general rule you should be providing all relavent information and not hiding anything in your application. On what you have said, there are a number of items of information that you are not planning to tell the full story on (hide) and that is going to jump right of the page.

If you are planning to apply for your visa in Thailand you need to first ensure that you meet the requirements with respect to residency.

The visa officer will expect to see that you are employed and have holiday from your job. It is unlikely, but possible, that they will ring your employer to confirm the details. Why not tell the visa officer that you are being sponsored by a friend? The friend can then provide you with accommodation as, certainly, the visa officer will expect to see that you have an arrangement to stay somewhere in the UK. Alternatively, you will need to make reservations with a hotel.

There's no hard and fast rule about how much money you should have in the bank. I don't really know what the average wage is in India, but if you earn a good salary, your prospects of getting the visa should be improved. If you are thinking of going in March/April, I'd apply now. Depending upon which high commission/deputy high commission you apply at, there may be a bit of a queue.

Just tell the truth.

Scouse.

thanks.

the only reason i am not revealing my firends information is to avoid un necessary questions regarding my reltions with him. btw besides this is it advisable that he provide documents for sponsorship (stay).

i guess i ll provide the leave letter to them neways, makes sense to do so.

It's impossible to say whether you'll get the visa as that depends upon the visa officer, but if you can show that you have a job to return to, that your friend is able to support you, and that you have £650.00 in the bank, you're in with a fighting chance.

Scouse.