Land&house, The Plant, Pruksa Etc.. Experiences Anyone?

Hi the wife and I are looking to move out of our own apt in Phrakhanong for something bigger in the burbs since we now have an 18 month old daughter and expecting another. The other option is to move back upcountry for a more stable existence on family land we'd have to build a house on but with less good schooling for a Thai-Foreign kid.

One of the options we have searched so far is the housing projects such as those presented by Land&House, The Plant, Pruksa etc.where they have a few brand new houses to go and mostly stuff on plan they are trying to sell. Are any foreigners buying into this, I haven't seen any living in them yet? Anyone have any experiences good or bad, with these? I am in two minds as to whether they will be good or bad idea? It seems most Thais, with prices starting around 5M minimum, are buying on credit and so the future upkeep of these complexes seems questionable when the developer moves on and buyers default or the bubble bursts. Secondly as a foreigner with Thai wife the option seems to be paying in cash rather than bank loan, which I can do but wonder what is the resale market like? We aren't looking to move but if case arises would be the concern?

Better just to rent?

I just left reservation money of P.. real estate project , after learn big lesson I do my research about real estate on Internet ,I think almost every company has problem but P.. seem worst , if you buy house from real-estate project it seem never reach what you dream , I think the best is buy the land and build your home under your control but it seem a lot of problem like not good location , hard to due with constructor ,so if those project is your choice stay away from P .., land and house and Sansiri seem better , don't start play with fire .

• Like 1

I think the best is buy the land and build your home under your control

Copied from poster above, I agree 100% with this.

If you buy land and build your own house you will, end up with a bigger plot of land and have a house built to your spec, with your choice of materials and built to your standards.

I have seen the cots of land per t/w these moo baans charge, way overpriced.

They use the cheapest of materials, they will not change their build plan, so if you want to modify you have to buy the house and do your own modifiactions later, have you seen the size of some of the kitchens in these new moo baans.

If I were you I would head to an older established moo baan, buy a house on a decent sized plot, knock the house down then employ a company such as Landy to build me a new one.

IMO much better value for money, you will end up with a more desirable house thats easier to sell rather than some overpriced rabbit hutch.