Sending Money To Thai Bank

Hi guys, does anybody know of an inexpensive (or free) way of sending money to some one in Thailand, I have used western union to send money but that was very expensive, and I would prefer to send the money from my bank to my friends bank (England to Thailand).

Any advice please :o

Pazza

We send money to our Thai account from Italy using SWIFT electronic transfer direct from our bank here in Rome.

Fees are Euro12 at this end and Bht500 at the Thai end.

We send Euros to be converted to Bht in Thailand as that gives us the best rate.

There have been a number of threads on this before so you could look them up. I think the best way is to open a new account with a UK bank, then send the atm card over. Choose a bank that doesnt charge for overseas withdrawals such as Nationwide.

There have been a number of threads on this before so you could look them up. I think the best way is to open a new account with a UK bank, then send the atm card over. Choose a bank that doesnt charge for overseas withdrawals such as Nationwide.

Would agree with the use of Nationwide, I use it all the time and have never been charged for a withdrawal, (they charge me 20 baht to draw money from my SCB account).

Open a Flex Account at Nationwide and ask for a "Cash Card". This has 'cirrus' so you can draw from ATM's with the cirrus logo without any fee. Send the card via registered mail to Thailand and you can regulate how much your friend can withdraw (the card only allows withdrawal upto the balance of the account - No credit). By default I think you can withdraw 250 GB pounds per day which is plenty for normal use.

Would agree with the use of Nationwide, I use it all the time and have never been charged for a withdrawal, (they charge me 20 baht to draw money from my SCB account).

Open a Flex Account at Nationwide and ask for a "Cash Card". This has 'cirrus' so you can draw from ATM's with the cirrus logo without any fee. Send the card via registered mail to Thailand and you can regulate how much your friend can withdraw (the card only allows withdrawal upto the balance of the account - No credit). By default I think you can withdraw 250 GB pounds per day which is plenty for normal use.

Thanks guys I do think that the Nationwide is the way to go, I do use my nationwide card when I am in Thailand.

Thanks again :o

Steve

Pazza