Golf Cart Rental (Not For Golfing)

Becker

Since my left leg is in a cast I'm looking to rent a golf cart or something similar to get around town in. I've found one place in Jomtien that have them but they want 6000 Baht a day (no, no typo)!!

I would also greatly appreciate the phone number for a taxi/baht bus driver that charges fair prices (does not have to be dirt cheap - reasonable will do).

Just a note regarding the legality of driving a golf cart on roads here. Tourist and City Hall police have them but they are authorised to be on the road whereas you would not be. Even the 4 wheel bikes (whatever they are called) are not legal although available for sale and offered for rent.

Edited by petercool

More importantly, you can't get any kind of insurance for an unlicensed vehicle. If you are found causing any accident you will be held personally liable for all costs. It is rather expensive to keep someone in intensive care for a week or more, easily more than a million baht. And I doubt anyone trying to do a runner in a golf cart will get very far...

• Like 1

What about the place on 3rd Road extension near the Thappraya flyover? They rent out some sort of multi-wheeled thing; not too sure what it is though.

Could you please be more specific?

About what? The location or the vehicle?

It's about 100m from the Thappraya flyover, on the right-hand (Jomtien) side, going away from the sea.

As for the vehicles I didnt look very closely as I dont need one but I did notice that they had more than 2 wheels, and so might be suitable. They were painted yellow.