Wireless Modem+Router

spacemunk

just checked event viewer and this was the error i got when the NIC decides to drop thew connection :

Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet: The network link is down. Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.

Impossible since i just changed every part in my pc brand new. New motherboard , new modem , new router , new cables.

just checked event viewer and this was the error i got when the NIC decides to drop thew connection :

Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet: The network link is down. Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.

Impossible since i just changed every part in my pc brand new. New motherboard , new modem , new router , new cables.

Have you tried swapping the LAN cable? They can be dodgy even if new and appearing to work ok.

Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet: The network link is down. Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.

Have you tried swapping the LAN cable? They can be dodgy even if new and appearing to work ok.

Yeah already used 3 cables

This seems to be something like what I was experiencing in earlier 'Router' threads. A component isn't communicating properly.

Since you have 'just changed every part in your PC to brand new; New motherboard, new modem, new router, new cables', I would revisit and check each box in your computer's Internet Options and Network settings - that was where my hangup was.

This seems to be something like what I was experiencing in earlier 'Router' threads. A component isn't communicating properly.

Since you have 'just changed every part in your PC to brand new; New motherboard, new modem, new router, new cables', I would revisit and check each box in your computer's Internet Options and Network settings - that was where my hangup was.

Everything looks fine in the network and internet settings

Since you mentioned previously that there is an event error generated by the Broadcom adaptor then it can't be a TCP/IP configuration problem - it's lower level than that. I think it can only be either hardware or the Broadcom driver.

Since you mentioned previously that there is an event error generated by the Broadcom adaptor then it can't be a TCP/IP configuration problem - it's lower level than that. I think it can only be either hardware or the Broadcom driver.

i've pinpointed it to either be the driver or the motherboard NIC which has gone bad.

cause i've troubleshooted everything else with new modems , routers and cables and still get the same problem. Only way around this might be to go and buy an intel network card and see if it happens again.

ok finally got it working properly.

booted the pc from 7am and until now 10hrs no disconnects.

source of the problem bad LAN driver from ASrock website. Updated the driver from Broadcom website instead last night.

So i'll be moving back to my rt-n56u tomm when i got the time

ok finally got it working properly.

booted the pc from 7am and until now 10hrs no disconnects.

source of the problem bad LAN driver from ASrock website. Updated the driver from Broadcom website instead last night.

So i'll be moving back to my rt-n56u tomm when i got the time

Good - Glad to hear you got there!! clap2.gif

How good it is that you and Dork's technical know how was able to narrow down & pinpoint the problem! thumbsup.gif

Finally got there cause my wife was on my ass at spending 60,000baht on pc stuff and it never works

Brother!! That's one thing I do know about oh so well! sad.png Like I always say, "A man's gotta' do what a man's gotta' do!" cheesy.gif

How I do remember those cool AsRock motherboards, especially their first hit '939' board! - yet here we both are with our extra brand new Asus DSL-n55u routers! sad.pngcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by luwahn

Finally got there cause my wife was on my ass at spending 60,000baht on pc stuff and it never works

Brother!! That's one thing I do know about oh so well! sad.png Like I always say, "A man's gotta' do what a man's gotta' do!" cheesy.gif

How I do remember those cool AsRock motherboards, especially their first hit '939' board! - yet here we both are with our extra brand new Asus DSL-n55u routers! sad.pngcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Hey, watch it. smile.png My main squeeze is still running an ASRock 970 Extreme 3 socket 940 and I love it. I'm an AMD Phenom quad core fan from way back. smile.png Once I get 100% stability and a nice image of my %system% drive, I become the old dog who doesn't want new tricks. Or, I'm too lazy to upgrade. cheesy.gif

Edited by NeverSure

Hey, watch it. smile.png My main squeeze is still running an ASRock 970 Extreme 3 socket 940 and I love it. I'm an AMD Phenom quad core fan from way back. smile.png Once I get 100% stability and a nice image of my %system% drive, I become the old dog who doesn't want new tricks. Or, I'm too lazy to upgrade. cheesy.gif

Welcome to our club!!

I'm still running the 939 socket Abit AV8 board in my desktop and have backup AV8 motherboards and Cosair memory and extra AMD CPUs, too, for the long haul ..... 'change'?? What 'change'? cheesy.gif

By the way, how do you store, access and make use of an image file on the %System% drive?

Edited by luwahn