Rimping To Open Three New Branches In 2013

jko

I notice that Rimping will open three new outlets in 2013:

1. At Star Avenue Mall (next to Arcade Bus station)

2. At JJ Market

3. At Promenada Resort Mall

This will give them seven branches in total.

Kudos to this local supermarket chain - which is competing so well with the international chains.

I wish them well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised that they are not planning to open in the Nimmenhaemin/Huay Kaew Corridors. There are new malls and strip plazas opening, and it would be a gold mine for them in that area.

Yeah, I agree. The branch at JJ Market will be a "new concept" mini-Rim Ping with emphasis on fresh food and prepared meals. The idea is that someone can stop by on their home and pick up dinner. I would think a similar "mini branch" concept would work well in the Nimman/Huay Kaew area.

Fortunately, Nakorn Ping Condo has a great little mini-mart called "The Green Store" that stocks many of the canned, bottled and packaged goods sold at Rim Ping. However, it has minimal offerings of fresh and frozen food. I'd welcome an alternative to Tops for fresh and ready-to-eat meals.

I would think they could build a dozen with the huge mark up on the food they sell. Turkey was double the price of Mackro.whistling.gif

Probably the quality was twice as high as well.......

Fresh products tend to be of higher quality at Rimping than at other supermarkets. In many cases well worth the price difference.

For non-perishable goods the price difference isn't that big. Sometimes Rimping is even cheaper.

Rimping have high quality foodstuffs and many imported goods not readily available elsewhere. Whilst Makro is certainly cheaper for most general goods we still find our favourite 100% fruit juices cheapest at Rimping and some of their frozen products are not available anywhere else.

The store format is similar to Villa Mart and 3 additional outlets are very welcome.

I wonder if Kad Farang will close or be re-located.

By adding three more stores, of course (or 2 with a carry-out facility), they'll gain even more buying power and be better able to negotiate with suppliers. Without any doubts, I look forward to lower prices throughout their product lines - especially wines.wink.png

By adding three more stores, of course (or 2 with a carry-out facility), they'll gain even more buying power and be better able to negotiate with suppliers. Without any doubts, I look forward to lower prices throughout their product lines - especially wines.wink.png

I am not sure about their current pricing policy but prices used to vary from branch to branch. When asked they said they charged higher prices at the sites that had higher rents! I only use the one nearest me now when in CM so don't know if it is still the case. I hope ithas changed and that we should see a reduction accross the board.

A good supermarket, but their feedback system seems to not work. Encouraging it, i have twice asked them to consider putting country of origin information on imported produce, but without any reply or action.

MIght not seem like a big deal to some, but with the huge amount of GM foods and ingredients in the US many people want to avoid buying produce from that country. They have a feedback system in place, but don't seem to respond to it. Pity. But that said, kudos to their business ethic in general.

I am not sure about their current pricing policy but prices used to vary from branch to branch. When asked they said they charged higher prices at the sites that had higher rents! I only use the one nearest me now when in CM so don't know if it is still the case. I hope ithas changed and that we should see a reduction accross the board.

Or an increase.

A good supermarket, but their feedback system seems to not work. Encouraging it, i have twice asked them to consider putting country of origin information on imported produce, but without any reply or action.

MIght not seem like a big deal to some, but with the huge amount of GM foods and ingredients in the US many people want to avoid buying produce from that country. They have a feedback system in place, but don't seem to respond to it. Pity. But that said, kudos to their business ethic in general.

I would like to see the ingredients in English. But then again I am in Thailand. I am quite sure if I was to take the misses to visit in North America they would be in English not Thai.

What gets me is when they have a product with English on it and there is some thing in Thai pasted over it.

That bugs me. Why not put the sticker elsewhere.....

• Like 1

I would like to see the ingredients in English. But then again I am in Thailand. I am quite sure if I was to take the misses to visit in North America they would be in English not Thai.

What gets me is when they have a product with English on it and there is some thing in Thai pasted over it.

Couldn't agree more!

• Like 2

Couldn't agree more!

+1

• Like 1

...and 3 additional outlets are very welcome.

I disagree. 4 is plenty for a small city like this. Why not just knock down all the 700 year old temples and make room to build more condos, convenience stores and the like?

Plus Tops is starting to open overgrown 7/11 size ones.

They just opened one on Thai Pa road.

Won't be long and when some one says how far to some thing? You can just say 3 convenience stores.

you can just peel the label up.. I do it all the time. Peel it up and read the english and lay it back down. Never a problem

I agree with Lawrence. They have a great layout that makes you feel good when shopping there. Go to Tops at Huay Kaew mall and see if you get the same feeling with shelves that are constantly empty.

Tops used to be good. They never recovered after the floods. The shelves are always empty at all the locations. The simplest items can't be found there anymore.

I like Rimping a lot, but seriously there are plenty of them already.

I would think they could build a dozen with the huge mark up on the food they sell. Turkey was double the price of Mackro.whistling.gif

Don't forget turkey is sold by weight. Maybe the turkey at Rimping was also double the size. This past Saturday when at Rimping we purchased frozen butterball turkey breasts and price was just slightly higher than I would pay back home in Canada.

For those wondering about too many Rimpings, let me suggest that our fair city is growing apace. Not tourists, but Bangkokians will shape our future (mostly). I'd be surprised to not see our local region's population double or worse during the next ten years. Our 'small' and 'do-able' city will soon be a thing of the past, a Pai phenomenon writ large.

Nobody's mentioned Rimping's true contributions: Bulk wine; air-con almost equal to 7-11, and Mozart. At River Rimping, coffee and something baked in the rear of the store when the shopping's done on a hot day. (Fruit and fresh vegetables, on the other hand, are better purchased in the early morn, in the open markets, to be sure.)

IMAO

I prefer the trad-jazz myself ! rolleyes.gif

But have to trek to their airport-branch, when I want proper home-made cole-slaw (with a hint of celery !) or egg-mayo, because their in-house deli-section doesn't send these lines out to the frozen Northern wastes of mee Chok Plaza !

Tops is going to be in some of the new malls. No point to have both Tops and Rimping markets in one place. Redundant.

Why not. You can't hold a candle to Rimping, IMO. Tops is mutton dressed as lamb, is more expensive, and none too friendly either.

Why not just knock down all the 700 year old temples and make room to build more condos, convenience stores and the like?

I agree, 300-odd temples for a city this size is a bit OTT, no?

Edited by jackr
  • Like 2