New Water Supply/meter, Thanks For Nothin

rocky123

I own a house with company name in a village in east Pattaya, Kho Noi. For 7 years my water bill was around 200 Bht or less a month, fed from a water tower that was fed from town mains. Then the local council put down a new main in my village. Neighbours said it was a great thing and the cost would be lower plus a good clean suply for only 6000 bht instalation and meter fee. What they failed to tell me was as a company owner I had to pay a standing order of 300 plus the suply. Now I am paying 500bht a month. If it aint broke dont mend it, I so wish I had not took their advise and stuck with the Thai's who aint bothered paying and are still getting a good suply for a lot less. Be warned, if the same happens in your village.

I pay 300 THB per month as the basic / minimum water charge from the Provincial Water Authority. Added to that is 30 THB for maintenance and 23.10 THB for VAT, bringing my total direct debit bill to 353.10 THB per month whether I use any water or not

Be grateful that your village handled the whole thing for you since the Provincial Water Authority is in my opinion the most difficult agency to deal with if you own a house in a company name. Not only did I have to pay 600 THB for the meter but had to "update" the company before they would change me over from a temporary (construction) meter to my own permanent account. I have direct debit just so I will not have to deal with them

I pay 300 THB per month as the basic / minimum water charge from the Provincial Water Authority. Added to that is 30 THB for maintenance and 23.10 THB for VAT, bringing my total direct debit bill to 353.10 THB per month whether I use any water or not

Be grateful that your village handled the whole thing for you since the Provincial Water Authority is in my opinion the most difficult agency to deal with if you own a house in a company name. Not only did I have to pay 600 THB for the meter but had to "update" the company before they would change me over from a temporary (construction) meter to my own permanent account. I have direct debit just so I will not have to deal with them

That's exactly what I've got set up, or rather inherited from the previous owner when I bought this place. What I don't understand is the charge for the water I use. I've got a reasonable garden so during the hot, dry weather I use quite a lot. The bill stays stuck at 353.10 Baht up to at least 13 m3 of water, and then increases by a small amount for each extra m3 I use. One month I used 18 m3 and the total cost was 366.80 Baht, for example. Do you know how much water is included in the 353.10 Baht monthly charge, and what the cost per additional m3 over and above that level is? Thanks for any info.

As said the company/business rate minimum is 353.10 baht/month ( wifes clothes shops pay at this rate) but up to 17 cubic metres usage/month is included at this price.

Note.. the 17 may be wrong by 1 or 2 due to memory failure.

As said the company/business rate minimum is 353.10 baht/month ( wifes clothes shops pay at this rate) but up to 17 cubic metres usage/month is included at this price.

Thanks. If the 17 is right, then 1 extra m3 only cost me 13.70 Baht, which is half the price I was paying when I lived in a condo. Why so cheap I wonder?

Thanks. If the 17 is right, then 1 extra m3 only cost me 13.70 Baht, which is half the price I was paying when I lived in a condo. Why so cheap I wonder?

Many condos have one supply for the the water/electricity then meter each occupier - but at a price they have set which is often twice or more the official price. There have been a number of threads about this.

I am guessing this is probably the reason for the disparity you mention.

Many condos have one supply for the the water/electricity then meter each occupier - but at a price they have set which is often twice or more the official price. There have been a number of threads about this.

I am guessing this is probably the reason for the disparity you mention.

The condo where I used to live (Jomtien Complex Condotel) charged 28 Baht/m3 for water, which I thought was what I'd read in the Post was about the right number? I think they were quoting East Water rather than Pattaya Water Co., but would they be that different?

Easy to resolve...go to water company and get water put into yours or a thai name and not a company name,,,300 baht finished (I did this a few years ago)

Not easy to resolve, they will not do it ( in Pattaya ) , you must provide either the chanote or blue book in a Thai name. You might be able to do it as a foreigner with a Yellow Book