Storge Facilities In Chiang Rai?

laosuwan

Sorry if this topic was covered already (I could not find it in search) but

Is there a rental storage facility in Chiang Rai, like a self storage facility? I cant find one if there is.

Need to store furniture and stuff for about a month or two before moving to a new house.

Thanks for any help

I am no expert but to leave you hanging seems unfriendly, so let me offer something that may or may not suit your needs. Nim See Seng might be an option. Get them to pack things up for moving and then pay them a fee to hold your packages until you are ready to have them delivered.

This kind of thing usually falls under the purview of family and friends in Thailand. The whole self-service business concept is more of a modern invention, brought on by the impersonal nature of modern life in western society.

I just don’t like seeing people ignored on the forum. Everyone deserves an answer, even if it is “I don’t know”. At least then, they know someone is home and paying attention.

Of course followup, or a response of some sort, is nice but not everyone considers that necessary either. Thanks for your concern but I am not feeling sorry about anything, just trying to be helpful and friendly.

I think there is one being built (virtually finished) in the bypass road that runs from town to the airport on the opposite side of the river to Tesaban 6 and the flower show but on the same side of the road.... (ie coming back into town)

If I am wrong and it is not a storage rental place, I apologise, but it looks like one, and I am sure that either I saw a sign saying it was, or my wife told me that is what was being built.

No idea of name or contact, I am afraid.

I am no expert but to leave you hanging seems unfriendly, so let me offer something that may or may not suit your needs. Nim See Seng might be an option. Get them to pack things up for moving and then pay them a fee to hold your packages until you are ready to have them delivered.

This kind of thing usually falls under the purview of family and friends in Thailand. The whole self-service business concept is more of a modern invention, brought on by the impersonal nature of modern life in western society.

Thanks for that.

In Thailand a no reply is a synonym for no / don’t know / don’t care so it’s not unusual to get no reply

• Like 1

I think there is one being built (virtually finished) in the bypass road that runs from town to the airport on the opposite side of the river to Tesaban 6 and the flower show but on the same side of the road.... (ie coming back into town)

If I am wrong and it is not a storage rental place, I apologise, but it looks like one, and I am sure that either I saw a sign saying it was, or my wife told me that is what was being built.

Thanks for this great lead; I will chase it this weekend.

I am just a bit confused by your directions, however. Do you mean the facility is located along Wiang Bulapa Road (5023) between the airport and the river?

Thanks for this great lead; I will chase it this weekend.

I am just a bit confused by your directions, however. Do you mean the facility is located along Wiang Bulapa Road (5023) between the airport and the river?

I believe he is referring to the road you mentioned but not between the airport and river. Probably across from the turn to go to the Meridien and just as you come over the bridge from the Flower Show side heading South. You know, the section with all the buffalo, sheep and goats.wink.png They seem to be building things along that previously undeveloped section.

With Chiang Rai’s reputation as a drug conduit, I can imagine self-storage places could become problematic if they ever takeoff.

VF has nailed it. Sorry if wasn't clear.

Southbound ie towards town, on the right hand side of Vhiangburapha Rd, between the river and the junction with Pao Khun Road. I will see if I can find out some information next time I pass (probably Tuesday).