For Sale- Triumph Street Triple, Year 2010, 500,000 Baht

Chiang Rai Saddlebags and Biker Gear is advertising this bike for the owner.

For Sale- Triump Street Triple

500,000 baht

Year: 2010

650 cc

Like new, never dropped

4,700 km

Green book, fully legal, but awaiting plate from government

Taxes paid

Accessories include: windshield, rear seat cowl, radiator cowl, belly pan, Fat Boy bar, carbon fiber clutch cover, GPS

Phone Thai and English...

View the full article

There is a shortage of plates, tons of new bikes and cars running around for months while they wait for the government to catch up. The whole first time buyers scheme had them past capacity.

The shortage hasn't been since 2010. Something fishy here.

sent from my Q6

There is a shortage of plates, tons of new bikes and cars running around for months while they wait for the government to catch up. The whole first time buyers scheme had them past capacity.

sent from my Q6

There is still a shortage in some provinces, CM for example. I waited 3 months for mine Jan 2011 in Pattaya, I suspect this bike was manufactured 2010 and imported later. Though I do think imported bikes are sometimes grossly over priced, the Kawasaki Ninja 650 and Versys are superior machines and about half the price of this bike brand new. The Triumph has no ABS, a complete and utter No-No for me on a bike here, I want to die a natural death!

sent from my Q6

There is still a shortage in some provinces, CM for example. I waited 3 months for mine Jan 2011 in Pattaya, I suspect this bike was manufactured 2010 and imported later. Though I do think imported bikes are sometimes grossly over priced, the Kawasaki Ninja 650 and Versys are superior machines and about half the price of this bike brand new. The Triumph has no ABS, a complete and utter No-No for me on a bike here, I want to die a natural death!

Could be.. Op needs to give details.

Also nothing unnatural about dieing after beeping squashed by a fortuner :D

sent from my Q6

Edited by thaicbr

sent from my Q6

Nothing fishy with this bike, I met the actual owner recently as I'm in Chiang Rai at the moment visiting a friend and the bike is 100% legal, think he said he bought it from BritBike in Chiang Mai. Excellent condition and some nice upgrades so the price is pretty good when you compare to the new price. He also has a GSXR1000 which isn't bad for a guy with only one eye!

Edited by inapeartree

sent from my Q6

Nothing fishy with this bike, I met the actual owner recently as I'm in Chiang Rai at the moment visiting a friend and the bike is 100% legal, think he said he bought it from BritBike in Chiang Mai. Excellent condition and some nice upgrades so the price is pretty good when you compare to the new price. He also has a GSXR1000 which isn't bad for a guy with only one eye!

That's cool then. But a bit disconcerting that it takes Britbike 2 years to get plates.... just saying (maybe the plate was lost and waiting replacement. Just needs clarification really)

I wish the seller the best of luck.

sent from my Q6

sent from my Q6

That's cool then. But a bit disconcerting that it takes Britbike 2 years to get plates.... just saying (maybe the plate was lost and waiting replacement. Just needs clarification really)

I wish the seller the best of luck.

sent from my Q6

For sure it won't be easy to sell without a plate, everyone is expecting to be scammed and the slightest thing wrong with the documentation will frighten off most buyers. Won't be an easy bike to sell with better specification Kawasaki's made new here for half the price. I wish him luck too.

sent from my Q6

I think some balance is needed here from someone who has owned both bikes. Here I own a 2012 Kawasaki ER6N and before I moved permanently to Thailand I owned a Street Triple for a couple of years. Compared to the Triumph the Kawasaki, although better value here, is as dull as dishwater, outperformed in engine performance and handling by that of the Triumph which is in a different league. General quality of the ER6, although very good, is inferior to the Trip which is manufactured at the Hinckley factory. To use a car world comparison the Triumph is a BMW M3 and the ER6 is a Ford Focus diesel. It`s not worth twice the price of the Kawa but it is twice as good, and new ones have an ABS option. If Triumph sold the Street Triple here for the same price as they sell in England the Kawasaki would make way for it in my garage.
  • Like 1