Hair Clippers In Bangokok: Where?

Cuchulainn

Does anyone know where I can buy my own set of hair clippers (complete with guards and clipper oil etc) in Bangkok or even out the Bangkapi area? Don't mind forking out for a decent set (Wahl or Remington etc)

Have combed the area rolleyes.gif with no results at all.

Thanks to all.

That's a terrible joke. I'd ask a local hairdresser. That's what I did when I wanted a cut-throat razor in Chiang Mai. They told me where the local hairdressing supplies shop was - there's probably one somewhere in your area.

Edited by inthepink

Thanx gentlemen. I feel that asking my local barber is the same as saying "I'm stopping coming to you and I'll do it myself". Wouldn't feel comfortable doing that!!

Do all Big C branches have them?

you reckon he wont figure it out when you, uh, stop coming?

A number of salon suppliers opposite Bang Kapi Panthip Plaza/Wet market. They carry thee brands you seek

I heard that from a friend too. Where EXACTLY is Bangkapi market? Can you give me directions from the front door of The Mall?

Thanks a lot.

A number of salon suppliers opposite Bang Kapi Panthip Plaza/Wet market. They carry thee brands you seek

I heard that from a friend too. Where EXACTLY is Bangkapi market? Can you give me directions from the front door of The Mall?

Thanks a lot.

Turn right outside the Mall keep straight about 300M, cross over the road bridge continue straight about 30/40M you will see a place selling salon supplies (this is the best one where Mrs P buys supplies for her spa). There is another further down under the road crossing bridge opposite Panthip Plaza.

I looked the area up on Google Earth Street View and we could see a phone number on a shop's billboard. Missus called them and yes, they have a wide range of clippers etc.

Thanks to everyone, especially Pushit.

Have combed the area rolleyes.gif with no results at all

Very punny biggrin.png

A UK ladies’ hair salon was forced to close yesterday after its owner refused to comply with a Trading Standards order over its ‘Punless’ name.

Head of UK Trading Standards Mark Jones said ‘We first approached the owner of ‘Eileen’s Hair Salon’ back in March and issued an order for her to comply with the ‘Hairdresser’s Pun and Innuendo Regulations Act 2003’. At the time we issued the order there was a clear breach of the regulation, and we had to act to protect both the public and the profession. The salon’s name excluded such required phrases as ‘Short and Curly’ and even failed to mention the word ‘Blow’. ‘The business was offered a range of pun-based names such as ‘A Cut Above’, ‘Lunatic Fringe’ and ‘Curl up and Dry’,’ chuckled Mr Jones, barely able to speak for laughter at these puns, ‘but in April as new shop-sign was put up which read ‘Eileen’s Hair and Nail Salon’. This was another clear attempt to pay lip-service to the regulation and we had to act swiftly and close down the business’.

wai2.gif

A big thank you to everyone who helped me find my clippers. There is (as Pushit said) a beauty/barbers wholesale suppliers opposite Panthip Plaza Bangkapi where I bought a very good Wahl set (complete with guards 1-4, combs and oil) for B1,500.

Now, I'll have to sneak past my barber on the way home everyday!!!post-4641-1156694005.gif

A big thank you to everyone who helped me find my clippers. There is (as Pushit said) a beauty/barbers wholesale suppliers opposite Panthip Plaza Bangkapi where I bought a very good Wahl set (complete with guards 1-4, combs and oil) for B1,500.

Now, I'll have to sneak past my barber on the way home everyday!!!post-4641-1156694005.gif

I got a hair clipper for 1,000 baht, long time.