Wifi Signal

ShopBoy

try boosting the receiving capability of your computer by getting a TP high gain aerial about 900 baht...plugs into usb on computer

i had problems with the wifi in my condo only showing 2 bars but thats upped to 4 sometimes 5 with the TP link

I also purchased a usb extension cable so i could move the position around the room for the best signal and keep the aerial away from me

internet is now much more reliable

post-92214-0-05926600-1354773958_thumb.g

try boosting the receiving capability of your computer by getting a TP high gain aerial about 900 baht...plugs into usb on computer

i had problems with the wifi in my condo only showing 2 bars but thats upped to 4 sometimes 5 with the TP link

I also purchased a usb extension cable so i could move the position around the room for the best signal and keep the aerial away from me

internet is now much more reliable

this is what the shop advise too.

but i bought the antenna instead will try it now.

update in awhile

Another couple of hints try using some Wi-Fi Survey site survey software (on Android Play store or Apple Apps store or for PC Google this) to search for what are the Wi-Fi channels least used and lock your Wi-Fi to this channel least used channel. If you have the option to use 5.1GHz instead of 2.4 GHz try that as there is no one using this Wi-Fi frequency much. Often the settings on the Wi-Fi router are set for fastest speed not longest range if you can change the setting for longest range it can boost the signal. But agree an external Antenna at the PC/laptop end will be the place to start. You may get a boost from 3 higher gain antennas at the Wi-Fi router end. Is the 2 bar signal really a problem or are you getting lower connection speeds because the signal is weaker. If your connection is at maximum speed now then you not like to gain much. On 5.1 GHz I get about 240Mbps on 802.11N but you really only get about half this in through put.