Ex-Thai Prime Minister Abhisit ' To Face Murder Charge ': Officials

webfact

Like I said numerous times, it’s handy to have the DSI on your payroll.

Just a pity that the DSI isn't interested in investigating the biggest corruption case in Thai history: the rice scam (or any other cases related to THIS government). A truly Special Department.

(And we all know this is done by the DSI (Tharit) to help Thaksin. Soon Thaksin will start his amnesty for all again, hoping that Abhisit will agree to it when under pressure with murder charges)

Yes, all this for one man: THAKSIN.

Wow, you are sooooo smart... :)

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a pity that the DSI isn't interested in investigating the biggest corruption case in Thai history: the rice scam (or any other cases related to THIS government). A truly Special Department.

(And we all know this is done by the DSI (Tharit) to help Thaksin. Soon Thaksin will start his amnesty for all again, hoping that Abhisit will agree to it when under pressure with murder charges)

what rice scam? haven't heard any farmer whining..

thumbsup.gif

Wow, you are sooooo smart... smile.png

Thank you. I just want to educate the stupid people.

Edited by Nickymaster

This will be interesting indeed. Especially if he is found guilty, because there's a well-known murderer on the loose who happens to be the son of one of the current deputy prime ministers. It will ultimately mean that evil prevails in Thailand.

2010 POLITICAL VIOLENCE

Abhisit, Suthep to face murder charges over death of taxi driver

The Nation

30195694-01_big.jpg

File photo : Tarit

BANGKOK: -- Ex-Prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and his deputy Suthep Thaughsuan are to face a charge of murder over the death of a taxi driver during the 2010 red shirt rallies, Department of Special Investigation (DSI) said on Thursday.

The tripartite meeting has decided to charge former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and former deputy Suthep Thaugsuban under article 288," said DSI chief Tarit Pengdith.

He said his department would summon both Abhisit and Suthep, now MPs with the opposition Democrat Party, to acknowledge the charge next Wednesday.

"I expect both to report on the set date and not try to delay until December 21, the day the parliamentary session starts, enabling them to obtain parliamentary immunity," he said.

Tarit said Abhisit as the prime minister and Suthep as the director of the then Centre for Resolution of the Emergency, must be held responsible for the death of Phan Khamkong, a red taxi driver, who the court said was killed by security troops. The shooter was not identified.

He insisted his office has taken legal action on both sides of the 2010 violence as it has filed charges against 295 red supporters. The charges against Abhisit and Suthep are the first on the government’s side, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-06

He said his department would summon both Abhisit and Suthep, now MPs with the opposition Democrat Party, to acknowledge the charge next Wednesday.

"I expect both to report on the set date and not try to delay until December 21, the day the parliamentary session starts, enabling them to obtain parliamentary immunity," he said.

Slow down Tarit!! Why are you in such a hurry? Ahh.. I see, almost Christmas.

Edited by Nickymaster

Tarit said Abhisit as the prime minister and Suthep as the director of the then Centre for Resolution of the Emergency, must be held responsible for the death of Phan Khamkong, a red taxi driver, who the court said was killed by security troops. The shooter was not identified.

The shooter was not even identified and they want to indict Abhisit and Suthep for murder. The mind boggles.

• Like 1

Wonder if the courts will make charges against Jatupon and the others as their red shirts killed Army personnel. Doubt it very much.

Think the outside world is laughing at Thailand again

Very unlikely, the outside world is unlikely to hear of it. The correspondents here know Thailand as well as us it is not worth reporting. I don't know how it generates so much excitement on this forum.

The shooter was not even identified and they want to indict Abhisit and Suthep for murder. The mind boggles.

Based on a few testimonies from some Red shirts who said they had witnessed the shooting the former PM of a country is facing criminal charges…

Thaksin and Tarit are truly desperate; they really don't know what to do anymore.

the dsi is on whose payroll? cheesy.gif

Wonder if the courts will make charges against Jatupon and the others as their red shirts killed Army personnel. Doubt it very much.

How is that? Abhisit was the leader when some of the most oppressive censorship, brutal crackdowns and harshest sentences anywhere in the world were carried out under his leadership. Only fitting he is held responsible.

He may be considering using his British passport soon

I think that you don't get out much! I lived in BKK at the time and thought that Abhisit's flaw was not breaking the demonstration up earlier. That was NOT a brutal crackdown. Check the news and history for brutal. I would say that it is inevitable that there are casualties when both sides are armed (or even if only one side is armed). It was UNFORTUNATE and SAD that anyone died, both on the side of the demonstrators and the government. I must say though that I miss the sight and sound of people gathered around burning mounds of tires in the middle of intersections.

NOT brutal at all, the soldiers even displayed a warning sign in advance.

After 15 officials were killed the authorities finally put up a sign to try to prevent more people from being killed

Thanks for sharing this picture. wai2.gif

Edited by Crossy

Who ever is in power at the moment

• Like 2

He insisted his office has taken legal action on both sides of the 2010 violence as it has filed charges against 295 red supporters. The charges against Abhisit and Suthep are the first on the government’s side, he said.

2 to 295

bout time

Thaksin's cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

2 to 295

bout time

That would indicate who was doing the illegal acts.

unless he pulled the trigger he didn't murder anyone - rediculous

If a Thai soldier on the ground was trigger happy and there's evidence beyond any reasonable doubt that he killed an inocent taxi driver then he should be brought to court to answer the allegations

only in Thailand

by your same thinking Hitler is innocent to? Where do you people get your twisted ideas?

• Like 1

2 to 295

bout time

or that the dsi is not on thaksins payroll

or that justice has never been done for 2010

or a whole lot of possibilities besides yours

• Like 1

2 to 295

bout time

I think the big question is: "How many charges were filed on the "red" side after PT took office"?

Thailand is going to be "left in the dust" as the politicians (yellow/ red/ greed color of whatever) continue to protest against one another and plan out schemes against one another; meanwhile surrounding countries will soon catch up with their "appeal" and soon surpass Thailand with international businesses moving in. Look at what happened to the Philippines 30? years ago.

• Like 1

2 to 295

bout time

or that the dsi is not on thaksins payroll

or that justice has never been done for 2010

or a whole lot of possibilities besides yours

I don't think most the 295 were charged by DSI. In most countries I know, protesters that get violent against authorities are usually arrested. In most countries I know, people that fire guns at authorities (or are with people that fire guns at authorities) also get shot.

2 to 295

bout time

I think the big question is: "How many charges were filed on the "red" side after PT took office"?

Read the post you replied to, you might well find the answer to your question!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet another 'Thai High Soap' being enacted! Have these people got ANY perception of what the 'Educated THINKING World' thinks about their antics?

You can kid some of the people some of the time; as the old saying goes, but eventually even they will run out of belief.

Where in hxxl is this country heading?

Amazing Thailand at its best. Didn't Pheu Thai just threaten AV by saying they were going to deport him. Now, murder charges! cheesy.gif

To be honest I don't think the outside world gives a toss what happens here

When governments go out of their way to use trumped-up charges to accuse former PMs it does tend to become news worldwide. Taiwan, Banglsdesh, Ukraine & others are recent examples of this type of political vendetta.

2 to 295

bout time

Read the post you replied to, you might well find the answer to your question!!!!!!!!!!!

Meaning, DSI is not operating independently !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless he pulled the trigger he didn't murder anyone - rediculous

If a Thai soldier on the ground was trigger happy and there's evidence beyond any reasonable doubt that he killed an inocent taxi driver then he should be brought to court to answer the allegations

only in Thailand

I suspect Adolf Hitler never pulled a trigger either, but he was certainly guilty of crimes against humanity.

Wrong! Hitler did pull the trigger now and then.

Now and then? Can you give me some historical time and name of who he shot please? Or are you telling porkies?

You never saw him carry a gun?