Samui, Pha-Ngan Islands Declared Disaster Zones

webfact

It's really not been that bad, and hardly warm enough to need AC anyway .... at the moment... some resorts (certainly the larger ones, have back up generators anyway) ... restaurants use gas for cooking... so candle light at dinner, no big deal!

Looks like it might be fixed enough to keep power going longer than a couple of hours! Any tourist I have spoken too, not been that bothered .... it's been sunny pleasant (not overly hot days, for 5 days now ....thumbsup.gif )

Yes, a few inconveniences.... last few days... people survive... !

Well... other than those with medical issues like Sleep Apnea that require electric power.

believe me, 3 days without power with bad Apnea and you are no longer safe to driver a car,

your blood pressure has gone up 30% or more every night and you risk stroke and heart attacks.

Running a personal generator at night becomes mandatory,

and the search for fuel during the day,becomes a mandatory exercise in survival.

Then there are things like SIDS baby monitors and other things for people not in a hospital,

but needing 24/7 electric to keep functional.

Well you tell me anywhere in the world that can guarantee 24/7 365 day electric.... just had an email saying power been out in a "first world"country for 9 hours....

Perhaps either invest in a generator or head to a hospital? I am sure they have generators....

coffee1.gif

The largest disaster in all this nonsense is the Surat governor. He utterly failed and is not being held responsible as is ALWAYS the case in the LOS where adults behave like 13 year olds and bury their heads in the sand. This way the problems go away.

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my Samsung SIII

• Like 1

So how do you disburse this amount and how do you calculate who gets what (if any) ?

GOVENOR, EERRR, UMMM, WELL IT"S LIKE THIS, the 50 milloin baht that is to help those afected by the electrical cable cockup done by my cousin noidear somchi, well it's kinda in my offshore account, but I can show you my accounting documents done by my other cousin dodgey somchai that show all the cash went into thin air OOp's in mean the people that need help trust me I'm a thai politician heeheheblink.png