Resident Certificate @ Us Embassy - Info Please............

thehelmsman

Do they issue you the certificate on the spot or do they have to mail it ?????? I have my appointment for next week and don't know what to expect.

I'm trying not to linger in bangkok any longer than necessary...........

Appreciate any information - thank you in advance..................................................

I was just there this morning and on the declaration form for income for visa extensions there is a place for the applicant to list his address...

the consular official then signs and stamps it on the spot...should be sufficient for most purposes, I was gonna use it to open an offshore bank account(residence declaration) as well as to get my retirement extension...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

If you need this certificate to prove your address for Thai officials, then a certificate of the immigration will do.

It's often misunderstood by people that when buying a property of motor-vehicle, they need a proof of address of their own embassy; a certificate of address from the nearest immigration is sufficient.

Copy of passport, 2 photo's, some utility bill with your name and address on it or a rental contract showing name and address and the application form.

Holders of a WP or being registered in a "yellow book" or having house-registration papers can do without a proof of address.

what if you have nothing wth your name on but am married with a non o visa

Becouse when i went to the transport departmen with all my documents they said i needed to have a yellow book to get a thai liscense which involves all the usual docs & trying to arrange the time to take 2 witnesses down to the amphur

I'm trying to do the sure thing for getting my license and bank account. I'm willing to pay the money at the embassy to guarantee success.

Next time I'm in thailand I want to buy a car in my name. So many things to remember.

Thanks for the responses...................

The form will be no problem, you fill it in and swear that the info is correct. No proof necessary. Cost is $50 or 1600 baht (32baht/$ x 50). The land office will probably take the original, so the next time you need one you have to do it all over again. They are cheaper from immigration, sometimes free, but there is a 30 day validity printed on them, at least on the one that I got. Also some offices will not issue one iunless you are on and extension of stay. Don't forget to make an appointment, recently they won't let you in without one.