No One Likes Thailand Do They?.....

krisb

Why do there seem to be so many that only post problems and complaints about Thailand, especially in the general section?

Should be re named general complaints.

I mean problems are problems, we all have em, but wouldnt you like to read something that makes you smile besides smiling because of someones complaint?

Admin should close general, and open general complaints and generally happy....I mean we all laugh at something everyday, what made you laugh today?

Sorry Im just thinking out loud again....

• Like 2

What made me laugh ... when my gf declared this a beer free day ... cheesy.gif

What made me smile today was the (maybe) future nephew in his Boy Scout Uniform ... biggrin.png

post-104736-0-81604300-1354865622_thumb. . post-104736-0-84070300-1354865648_thumb. . post-104736-0-63099500-1354865667_thumb.

He hates his photo being taken ... but he looked sharp in the uniform.

I dont think its to do with Thailand per se....I would suspect the vast majority of TV members would have something to complain about irrspective of were they lived..grumpy old men and all...some people are not happy unless they complaining about something....also one suspects its gives some people a feeling of superiority over Thai's.....

rather like the old colonials (which I suspect some of our resident TV members think they are) and their "natives".....one can picture some of TV's finest sitting on their veranda's in a white suit, drinking their pims and surveying their "natives" working the paddy fields in the wilds of issan..rolleyes.gif

clap2.gif Made me laugh....Thakyou!....your descriptions are excellent!biggrin.png

What made me laugh ... when my gf declared this a beer free day ... cheesy.gif

What made me smile today was the (maybe) future nephew in his Boy Scout Uniform ... biggrin.png

post-104736-0-81604300-1354865622_thumb. . post-104736-0-84070300-1354865648_thumb. . post-104736-0-63099500-1354865667_thumb.

He hates his photo being taken ... but he looked sharp in the uniform.

Beer free day!!....on a holiday!!...dont make me laughbiggrin.png

Future nephew huh?....Is that wedding bells we hear David?clap2.gif

• Like 1

David.....my gf would never say such a ccatastrophic thing to me.

My day would be ruined. biggrin.png

She was proud of me the other day when I went 4 days without imbibing ... equaling long standing record.

She has stated since that my halo has slipped.

Two Leos a day ... geeze ... I'm a monster now ... rolleyes.gif

The other thing that made me smile (the other day) was when I went to my dentist in Bangkok, guy I've know now for 5 years +

• cleaned my gf's teeth,
  • filled one cavity (amalgam) and
  • two tiny ones with that photosensitive stuff and
  • the bill came to 2,100 Baht and
  • she proudly announced ... the same price, with much better service then her Village Vet, Dentist

... made me smile that we don't always get ripped off ... thumbsup.gif

EDIT ... my piss poor spelling

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

I don't really believe that many of the posts are really complaints.

They are just statements about things that happen to you on an daily basis that you believe don't happen in your own country and they sound like complaints. eg a couple of days ago I drove to the corner shop to buy my tinnies for the night and a guy got right close behind my pick-up in his pick-up. When I stopped at the shop he ended up having to reverse so that he could go around me. He threw me the dirty look as though it was my fault.

That's not a complaint about anyone's driving, it's just an example of what happens all the time and is just one of the things I find amusing out here.

• Like 1

She was proud of me the other day when I went 4 days without imbibing ... equaling long standing record.

The other thing that made me smile (the other day) was when I went to my dentist in Bangkok, guy I've know now for 5 years +

• cleaned my gf's teeth,
  • she proudly announced ... the same price, with much better service then her Village Vet, Dentist

Our village vet is also the hairdresser!.....He did a good cut, but I looked like a poodle.

I suppose we are going down the line of "our village is so small" jokes...so let me start you off with two:

our village is so small the local hooker is a virgin

our village is so small the village idiot and the mayor are the same person..

• Like 1

For me, I find a huge amount of things funny, for example I had a quiet chuckle at:

eg a couple of days ago I drove to the corner shop to buy my tinnies for the night and a guy got right close behind my pick-up in his pick-up. When I stopped at the shop he ended up having to reverse so that he could go around me. He threw me the dirty look as though it was my fault.

As in my home country, a tinnie is the slang word for a small amount of marijuana wrapped up in tinfoil. And although this could have been your meaning, I highly doubt it lol. The differences in slang etc between countries is always a good laugh lol

Edited by PapaNasty

• cleaned my gf's teeth,

Our village vet is also the hairdresser!.....He did a good cut, but I looked like a poodle.

I suppose we are going down the line of "our village is so small" jokes...so let me start you off with two:

our village is so small the local hooker is a virgin

our village is so small the village idiot and the mayor are the same person..

Ok, here we go....

Our village is so small, That when there is a fire, the mayor walks downstairs to the police station so that they can contact the fire department down in the basement, and tell them that they need to pull out the firetruck before it spreads up to the hospital

biggrin.png

I wonder about the contingent that spend all day on the News forum, mainly commenting on things that they have no control or influence over at all. If I'm going to be involved in politics the least I would be looking for is the right to vote at the end of it.

Some of these guys end up trying to start campaigns and movements on the forum, I mean, My God, what are they thinking, " Okay Mildred, pack the bags, we're moving to Thailand so I can be a political campaigner "

" Who for sweetie? "

" Red shirts, yellow shirts, multi coloured shirts, donno yet, I'll see what clique I'm going to get together and decide from there "

" Okay sweetie, here's your medication ".

coffee1.gif

I wonder even more at those who provide them with fossil fuel. :P

I wonder about the contingent that spend all day on the News forum, mainly commenting on things that they have no control or influence over at all. If I'm going to be involved in politics the least I would be looking for is the right to vote at the end of it.

Some of these guys end up trying to start campaigns and movements on the forum, I mean, My God, what are they thinking, " Okay Mildred, pack the bags, we're moving to Thailand so I can be a political campaigner "

" Who for sweetie? "

" Red shirts, yellow shirts, multi coloured shirts, donno yet, I'll see what clique I'm going to get together and decide from there "

coffee1.gif

Blether thats the harshest thing Ive ever heard you say....

Tell us how smalls your village?....

I saw the title and thought Id have to come in and close the thread. who needs another whinging thread when theres already so many :)

but given this has taken a different turn, I will let it run for a bit

cheers everyone

" Who for sweetie? "

coffee1.gif

I wonder even more at those who provide them with fossil fuel. tongue.png

Ahem.....it's just a wee act of charity. Poor boys would be lost if they didn't have something to get indignant about. smile.png

• Like 1

" Who for sweetie? "

coffee1.gif

You would need to know my track record in the News forum to understand cheesy.gif

ps. my village is a little orange hut.

" Who for sweetie? "

coffee1.gif

You would need to know my track record in the News forum to understand cheesy.gif

Little orange hut.....cheesy.gif ....thats gold!

I saw the title and thought Id have to come in and close the thread. who needs another whinging thread when theres already so many smile.png

but given this has taken a different turn, I will let it run for a bit

cheers everyone

There, but for the grace of God ...

" Who for sweetie? "

coffee1.gif

Covered in green tinsel? :D

" Who for sweetie? "

coffee1.gif

Covered in green tinsel? biggrin.png

You could try it but you would need to be a fast runner smile.png