My Adsl Experience

Rimmer

I had a TOT telephone line in Pattaya but then changed it to TT&T because I was assured by CSLoxinfo that a TT&T line would carry ADSL no problem can guarantee lah. Paid the money, and guess what? The line was even worse and goes for days with no connection at all. Cancelled the CSLoxinfo ADSL contract within one week but six months down the line they still keep sending the monthly bill despite going in the local orifice every month and them calling Bangkok.

We still have both lines but neither work! We keep them so we can have the fun of going into pay the bill every month and listening to poor old un informed farangs complaining that their new ADSL line does not work, only to be told if they pay more money and up grade to the next level the line will be OK guaranteed! I can’t believe it. They pay and are back the following week with the same problem being sold the same story again. We just look the other way, don’t get involved she says.

The bottom line is as long as the line has static on it, it will not carry ADSL. ISDN or any kind of internet signal at all at any kind of reasonable speed.

Just have to take a look at the overhead wires in Patters to see that it aint gonna work for long if at all.

As a matter of interest I did a series of download tests at the time and they are printed below just for laughs. Amazingly Dialup was faster than the ADSL

Actual Provider Method

Bandwidth D\L speed

39.4 4.93 JI NET DIAL UP

37.7 4.71 JI NET DIAL UP

35.4 4.43 LOXINFO DIAL UP

34.0 4.25 LOXINFO DIAL UP

29.4 3.68 JI NET DIAL UP

27.6 3.45 LOXINFO ADSL ADSL

26.7 3.40 LOXINFO ADSL ADSL

20.1 2.51 LOXINFO ADSL ADSL

Test results from ADSL Thailand local net.

No thanks I have my dish and I’m sticking to it. :o

Auch! That stinks! Better hold on to your dish a bit longer! :o

As you mention the speed depends a lot on the static/noise on the line and I think that explains how some can be happy (or at least satisfied) with the same product, while others scream for mercy!

Personally I use True here in BKK and have the 256/128 line and while it is not racing, it gets the job done most of the time. Other True users in BKK (and some with much more expensive packages) are not nearly as lucky.

Cheers!

There could be a few reasons why your ADSL performance was poor.

Did you use an in-line microfilter? (Did you hear any noise on the line when using the telephone handset?)

What did the line specs look like (db, attentuation)? (The modem/routers' management software typically allows you to view this information.)

Did you speak with any neighbors to see if they had similar problems?

Did you ask CSLoxInfo to run a line test?

You could be on the very edge of the reasonable distances from the serving switch, or there could be too many bridges/taps on the line.

TOT can also test the line for you, or TT&T depending on which one it is.

Don't accept answers from girl on the desk, demand to see the manager.

Write to him, copy it to Bangkok, until you get satisfaction.

Are you sure the problem is with the phoneline from tt&t? A few members here have been cursing their ISP to he**, when after some guidance on this forum they found out there was some source of noise on their line! In the case of Jaidee it got resolved by removing a faulty phone somewhere!

tt&t is normally very conservative when connecting customers! They normally refuse when you are further then 3km from the exchange, when adsl should be able to handle 7km! They do realize the limit of their shabby lines...

Also, the cheap sub 1000 Baht adsl packages never fulfill their speed promises, regardless of ISP!

Oops,

I stand corrected :D

Yes there are indeed a few lucky ones who seem to get very decent speeds on the Maxnet4home package...

Unfortunately I was not one of them :o

On the ADSL Thailand speedtest I got the same results (over 400kbps), but if tested outside Thailand (speakeasy, bandwidthplace, etc) speeds dropped to less then dial up speeds during peak hours...

Upgrading to Maxnet4life resulted in the international speeds getting up to about 80% of the Thai speeds.

I had both packages simultaniously for a week, so I made a lot of comparing tests, always giving the same results....

Guess with Maxnet4home you've got to be a bit lucky with location resulting in not to many users sharing a main line...