Duchess Of Cambridge Hoax Call Nurse Found Dead

webfact

IMO what is or is not revealed in this poor womans suicide note is fairly irrelevant.

The facts are not so irrelevant.

These two irresponsible DJs set out with deliberate intent to ridicule, belittle and embarrass

someone for the grand motive of a cheap laugh. They achieved their intended result and

subsequently, with great glee gloated over their grand victory over some innocent caring

nurses. Unfortunately in the achievment of their goal they emotionally injured someone so

badly that she was driven to a point where the real or perceived shame she felt brought

her to the sad situation of taking her own life. Not such a grand jest eh??

The one piece of foresight the young girl may have accidently uttered was that this was the

pinnacle of her career, I for one sincerely hope that that prophecy comes true for both of them,

hopefully niether of them will ever be employed in the showbiz world for the rest of their lives.

But that was not the finish of the story, none of this would have happened at all had the cowardly

boss or bosses involved, who have so far failed to display the decency or courage to identify

themselves, had done their job properly instead of desparately seeking cheap publicity.

They claim they tried to contact the hospital on 5 occasions,( this has yet to be verified ), which

clearly implies that they were completely aware of the need to obtain the permission of the victoms

involved before they could air this stupidity but in full knowledge of the law they ignored that law and

aired the story anyway. Contemptable is too mild a word to describe their disgracefull behavior.

So to summerise all of them involved are culpable and deserve to be hauled over the coals to the highest

degree possible!!!

To Humbugged and whybother,

Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing but in this case had the slightest bit of foresight or thought been employed

there would be no necessity for hindsight would there??

"Unfortunately in the achievment of their goal they emotionally injured someone so

badly that she was driven to a point where the real or perceived shame she felt brought

her to the sad situation of taking her own life."

Did They? Was this the ultimate reason that she took her life? You seem to know the contents of her suicide note. I am not in a position to dispute someone in the know and who is has links to this woman so I will have to agree with you as you are personally have knowledge.

If she wrote in her note that she answered a call from someone identifying themsleves as H.RH (which they did not do) then she transfered this split second call to the person/s responsible for a pregnant woman in thier care and this drove her to suicide then I am with you. No person on this earth should be placed in such a position.

You seem to have missed my point.

I said at the start of my post that what is revealed in this poor womans note IMO is not relevant because even if this stupid prank was not the cause what this radio station and it"s staff did is no less despicable.

Or are you saying if her note does not implicate the radio station what these people did is perfectly acceptable????

What I am saying is that if the note doesn't implicate these people then why should everyone blame them for her death if she does not. Sure answering a telephone at a certain time may have tipped her over the edge but I guess there were some more deep seated issues other than a 5 second phone call from across the other side of the world.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO what is or is not revealed in this poor womans suicide note is fairly irrelevant.

The facts are not so irrelevant.

These two irresponsible DJs set out with deliberate intent to ridicule, belittle and embarrass

someone for the grand motive of a cheap laugh. They achieved their intended result and

subsequently, with great glee gloated over their grand victory over some innocent caring

nurses. Unfortunately in the achievment of their goal they emotionally injured someone so

her to the sad situation of taking her own life. Not such a grand jest eh??

The one piece of foresight the young girl may have accidently uttered was that this was the

pinnacle of her career, I for one sincerely hope that that prophecy comes true for both of them,

hopefully niether of them will ever be employed in the showbiz world for the rest of their lives.

But that was not the finish of the story, none of this would have happened at all had the cowardly

boss or bosses involved, who have so far failed to display the decency or courage to identify

themselves, had done their job properly instead of desparately seeking cheap publicity.

They claim they tried to contact the hospital on 5 occasions,( this has yet to be verified ), which

clearly implies that they were completely aware of the need to obtain the permission of the victoms

involved before they could air this stupidity but in full knowledge of the law they ignored that law and

aired the story anyway. Contemptable is too mild a word to describe their disgracefull behavior.

So to summerise all of them involved are culpable and deserve to be hauled over the coals to the highest

degree possible!!!

To Humbugged and whybother,

Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing but in this case had the slightest bit of foresight or thought been employed

there would be no necessity for hindsight would there??

"Unfortunately in the achievment of their goal they emotionally injured someone so

her to the sad situation of taking her own life."

Did They? Was this the ultimate reason that she took her life? You seem to know the contents of her suicide note. I am not in a position to dispute someone in the know and who is has links to this woman so I will have to agree with you as you are personally have knowledge.

If she wrote in her note that she answered a call from someone identifying themsleves as H.RH (which they did not do) then she transfered this split second call to the person/s responsible for a pregnant woman in thier care and this drove her to suicide then I am with you. No person on this earth should be placed in such a position.

You seem to have missed my point.

I said at the start of my post that what is revealed in this poor womans note IMO is not relevant because even if this stupid prank was not the cause what this radio station and it"s staff did is no less despicable.

Or are you saying if her note does not implicate the radio station what these people did is perfectly acceptable????

What I am saying is that if the note doesn't implicate these people then why should everyone blame them for her death if she does not. Sure answering a telephone at a certain time may have tipped her over the edge but I guess there were some more deep seated issues other than a 5 second phone call from across the other side of the world.

And maybe your guessing wrong chooka. sad.png

In any event what they did and how they did it was way wrong,wrong,wrong

Edited by phuketjock

@phuketjock...

Maybe I am wrong (guessing) and they were solely responsible for killing her. Not up to me to judge at this time as I have absolutely no idea of the contents of her suicide note.

I see you edited your post shortly after mine, so which part of thier actions was wrong, wrong, wrong?

Was it working for the station and following a script, waiting for the producer in the booth behind them to dial the number or the bad impersonation of the queen during the 3 to 5 SECOND conversation with the victim?

Edited by chooka

@phuketjock...

Maybe I am wrong (guessing) and they were solely responsible for killing her. Not up to me to judge at this time as I have absolutely no idea of the contents of her suicide note.

chooka

It is not about the responsibility of killing her, it"s about the unethical irresponsibility of their foolish actions.

If it transpires that their actions do have some part in her death that will only compound their already despicable

behavior.

@phuketjock...

I see you edited your post shortly after mine, so which part of thier actions was wrong, wrong, wrong?

Was it working for the station and following a script, waiting for the producer in the booth behind them to dial the number or the bad impersonation of the queen during the 3 to 5 SECOND conversation with the victim?

Actually chooka just about everything they did was wrong but IMO their most damning stupidity was going ahead with this call without adequate discussion or planning, such as what to do if this happens, or what to do if that happens, and what are the the possible consequences to the people involved and as it has turned what were the consequences to themselves if, as it did, all goes wrong.

Not to mention flaunting the law and broadcasting this rubbish without obtaining the required permission of the victims. Maybe some

consideration of the ethics of the whole idea may have been appropriate no?

I don't think there is much more they could have possibly got wrong is there???

British singer Morrissey has blamed the British royal family for the apparent suicide of a nurse caught in a radio prank involving the Duchess of Cambridge, saying he suspected the royal household put "maximum pressure on her" after the scandal.

Jacintha Saldanha was found dead after she was fooled by two Australian DJs from 2Day FM who called the hospital where Kate was staying last week pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles.

The anti-monarchist celebrity told 3 News he was sure the royal household "put maximum pressure on this poor receptionist and nurse, and of course that's kept away from the press."

He also questioned the severity of Kate's condition, saying "is it anorexia, or is it pregnancy? We don't know".

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2012/12/12/18/47/morrissey-attacks-royals-over-radio-prank

@phuketjock...

Actually chooka just about everything they did was wrong but IMO their most damning stupidity was going ahead with this call without adequate discussion or planning, such as what to do if this happens, or what to do if that happens, and what are the the possible consequences to the people involved and as it has turned what were the consequences to themselves if, as it did, all goes wrong.

Not to mention flaunting the law and broadcasting this rubbish without obtaining the required permission of the victims. Maybe some

Your talking about the radio station, the management and producers then and not actually the D.J's

British singer Morrissey has blamed the British royal family for the apparent suicide of a nurse caught in a radio prank involving the Duchess of Cambridge, saying he suspected the royal household put "maximum pressure on her" after the scandal.

Jacintha Saldanha was found dead after she was fooled by two Australian DJs from 2Day FM who called the hospital where Kate was staying last week pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles.

The anti-monarchist celebrity told 3 News he was sure the royal household "put maximum pressure on this poor receptionist and nurse, and of course that's kept away from the press."

He also questioned the severity of Kate's condition, saying "is it anorexia, or is it pregnancy? We don't know".

http://news.ninemsn....ver-radio-prank

Perhaps he should stick to singing. coffee1.gif

@phuketjock...

Your talking about the radio station, the management and producers then and not actually the D.J's

I am talking about all of them chooka or are you now claiming the DJs didn't make the call??

Please please don't tell me they were only doing what they were told, because if you are then

they are without doubt the mindless idiots that they look like they are. All of them are guilty of

at the very least gross negligence and stupidity.

It would seem that birds of a feather do actually flock together, amazing

Austereo get bodyguards after death threats.

Southern Cross Austereo staff have reportedly been moved to safehouses and management have hired bodyguards as police investigate death threats against the company's employees.

About a dozen staff have been moved to hotels and up to 10 executives have been assigned bodyguards, costing the embattled radio company an estimated $75,000 a week, News Ltd reports.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2012/12/14/03/00/threats-made-against-austereo-staff

It would seem that birds of a feather do actually flock together, amazing

Psychiatrists have been stating that a single incident rarely drives a person to take thier own life and they believe that there were others factors in play. There are apparently 3 suicide notes found the contents of which have not been revealed and the reasons she took her life are not yet publically known. It is also being reported that the Palace, the radio station and the international media have played a role in death (views of psychiatrists) and the d.j's have not solely contributed to this awful incident Edited by chooka

Information just starting to come out in the media is that in her suicide note, she is critical of the staff and management of the hospital and not the D.J's

<deleted> how many times do we have to explain that it was a joke, sorry she was lambasted by her ungrateful Bosses but it was funny on Aus radio. Personally if my bosses gave me shit I,d sue them like I,ve done in the past.

Austereo, the owner and operator of station appear to have breached the code of conduct and the law.

First, they prerecorded the transmission which was an impersonation of HM. It was done for the purpose of illegally obtaining imformation on a particular patient, who are entitled to privacy.

They did not obtain permission to play the tape publicly after recording the nurses reply (which is required under Australian law).

This is the third time Austereo has breached ACMA code of conduct.

Practical jokes, and so called pranks should only be played on persons you know personally and you must be reponsible for your actions. They should never be carried out on persons in a foreign country.

In Austereos case the result may have indirectly caused the death of an innocent person, in this case a nurse.

Edited by electau

Nurse 'criticised hospital staff' in suicide note

A nurse who killed herself after being caught up in 2DayFM's royal phone hoax left a suicide note criticising staff at the London hospital where she worked, according to reports.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2012/12/14/10/29/nurse-criticised-hospital-staff-in-suicide-note

A nurse who killed herself after being caught up in 2DayFM's royal phone hoax left a suicide note criticising staff at the London hospital where she worked, according to reports.

http://news.ninemsn....in-suicide-note

British newspaper The Guardian reported that three letters were found at the scene of the 46-year-old’s death: one about the phone prank, one about her funeral requests and one in which she addressed and criticised staff at the hospital.

http://news.ninemsn....in-suicide-note

British newspaper The Guardian reported that three letters were found at the scene of the 46-year-old’s death: one about the phone prank, one about her funeral requests and one in which she addressed and criticised staff at the hospital.

Yes true and I mentioned that in an earlier post (3 notes)

So far what we have is only one note indicating critisism towards a department or individuals. Nothing at this stage that she was critical of the D.J's. Will have to wait to hear what the note about the prank says before we attack the d.j's further at this stage attention has been turned towards the Hospital.

The victims family has also been critical of the hospital in news reports.

Chooka ask yourself one question before continuing your commendable defence of the Australian Radio station... Had the DJs not played the illegal prank on the nurse, would she still be alive today?

You seem to be lashing out at every possible scape goat to detract from any negative attention the DJs or Radio station are getting as a result of their misguided prank. Attention has been turned to the hospital? The hospital staff would have had nothing to complain about had the prank not been aired in the first place! Did they handle the incident badly? Perhaps but you are not in possession of the facts and your continual speculation helps no one involved.

Very few people are denying that other factors contributed to this unfortunate incident but there is no escaping the obvious initial spark. Your deliberate twisting of events through deliberately biased prose is becoming nauseating and is in bad taste given the real suffering this has caused. Have a thought for the family of both the nurse, the staff at the hospital & even the DJs themselves - your continual rehashing of events with the evident motive of detracting any culpability of the DJs is doing all involved more harm than good and stirring up more negative sentiment to the DJs and radio station if anything.

People tend to respect and sympathise with those that stand up and be counted, take responsibility for their actions and accept their mistakes.

• Like 2

Chooka ask yourself one question before continuing your commendable defence of the Australian Radio station... Had the DJs not played the illegal prank on the nurse, would she still be alive today?

You seem to be lashing out at every possible scape goat to detract from any negative attention the DJs or Radio station are getting as a result of their misguided prank. Attention has been turned to the hospital? The hospital staff would have had nothing to complain about had the prank not been aired in the first place! Did they handle the incident badly? Perhaps but you are not in possession of the facts and your continual speculation helps no one involved.

Very few people are denying that other factors contributed to this unfortunate incident but there is no escaping the obvious initial spark. Your deliberate twisting of events through deliberately biased prose is becoming nauseating and is in bad taste given the real suffering this has caused. Have a thought for the family of both the nurse, the staff at the hospital & even the DJs themselves - your continual rehashing of events with the evident motive of detracting any culpability of the DJs is doing all involved more harm than good and stirring up more negative sentiment to the DJs and radio station if anything.

People tend to respect and sympathise with those that stand up and be counted, take responsibility for their actions and accept their mistakes.

I am not trying to twist the events in anyway I am extremely sorry if it appears that way as it is not my intention. Also I am not defending anyone in this matter or trying to find another scapegoat as you put, sorry again if it appears that way. I am just looking at all from all angles, many have blamed the D.J's 100% for her death and had hung quartered and cremated. My personal opion is that if the prank and I say "IF" was the sole reason she committed suicide then I say hang and quarter the radio station to put it to air in Sydney (was the only town it was air in)

You are asking me if she would still be alive if the D.J's hadn't of called the hospital.

I don't know how to answer that question because I have absolutely no idea. I have no idea of her mental state leading up to her answering the phone or any other personal incidents in her life. I am sorry I just can't answer that question, it to ambiguous. I do not think anyone on here could answer such a question.

There were three (3) notes, one being critical of the hospital, one outlining her funeral arrangements and one that mentioned the D.j's. What was said about the D.J's is not known at this point. Was she critical of them or exhonerating them? We will have to wait and see.

I am sorry to everyone if I will not at this point in time vent my anger and hatred to the D.J's and simply sit on the fence at the moment by I want to see if the plane is going down before I jump out without a chute. I am not trying to shift blame to anyone because at the moment I am uncertain where the blame totaly lays. Lets see what comes out at the investigations and the coronial inquest and if she the victim has not blamed the D.J's in her note, then I will have a hard time blaming them also but if she does then I will stand beside you and blame them.

Edited by chooka

Information just starting to come out in the media is that in her suicide note, she is critical of the staff and management of the hospital and not the D.J's

Out and out lies there are three letters and no one, repeat, no one knows the content of any of them,

but as usual journalists in Australia are emphasising the possible hospital letter and journalists in UK

are emphasising the possible DJs letter, stop repeating this crap on here please!!!!!!!!!!

Out and out lies there are three letters and no one, repeat, no one knows the content of any of them,

but as usual journalists in Australia are emphasising the possible hospital letter and journalists in UK

are emphasising the possible DJs letter, stop repeating this crap on here please!!!!!!!!!!

Surely the people that read the notes know. I repeat. Surely the people that read the notes know.

sent from my Q6

Someone knows.

An apparent suicide note left by a nurse at the centre of the royal hoax phone call was critical of staff at the London hospital where she worked, while a second letter dealt with the actions of two Australian radio presenters involved, according to a report.

Read more: http://www.theage.co...l#ixzz2F0aoWTO7

Edited by whybother

Surely the people that read the notes know. I repeat. Surely the people that read the notes know.

sent from my Q6

Anyone who may have read the notes are not posting on this thread are they????

But don't let a little thing like that get in the way of gross speculation eh????

sent from my Q6

Anyone who may have read the notes are not posting on this thread are they????

But don't let a little thing like that get in the way of gross speculation eh????

Maybe you should have said " no one on TV knows" then you would have been correct.. maybe. Because lets face it. We don't know who is actually reading this.

sent from my Q6

I havent read the whole thread so apologise if this has been raised before.

Personally I blame the hospital administrators.

Does a hospital that royals regularly attend not have a press office?

Have staff not been briefed on what to do if a situation such as this arises?

Why didnt the nurse just say give me your number and I will phone back?

Why didnt the nurse refer the call to the press office, if indeed one does exist?

Why didnt the nurse refer to a more senior member of staff?

As I say the whole things smacks of gross incompetance and lack of procedures and guidlines in place for dealing with confidential calls.

Somewhere some overpaid administrator should be hanging (no pun intended) their head in shame.