Duchess Of Cambridge Hoax Call Nurse Found Dead

webfact

Whatever other issues this poor nurse had; if they had not made the call she would not be dead. Her blood is on their hands.

How many deaths in Los would have been avoided if the farang had not come to Thailand.

A normal person does not commit suicide over a phone call.

I have some experience with suicide, my mum did it.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cause and reasons for her death are matters for the inquest to decide.

However, as The Samaritans have said, there is very rarely just one reason for someone to commit suicide and so it is probable that this poor woman had other issues and this pushed her over the edge.

Even so, this does not excuse the two prank callers as had they not made the call she would almost certainly still be alive and in a position to resolve her other issues.

Myself and everyone I know were angered and disgusted by his call before events took this sad and tragic turn.

Not because of the identity of the victim, but because of the gross invasion of privacy.

Phoning a hospital and pretending to be relatives of a patient in order to obtain private medical information and then make that information public is morally and ethically wrong; no matter who the patient is.

That the patient concerned is a member of the British Royal Family, or any famous person, does not excuse this deplorable action.

To those who say "It was only a joke. only a prank" I ask: how would you feel if a member of your family was subjected to such an invasion of their privacy?

Two major advertisers have pulled their accounts from the radio station. The station has now stopped all advertising; they say as a mark of respect, but more likely to stop the embarrassment of other advertisers following suit.

The two presenters have been indefinitely suspended; I hope without pay, but doubt it. If the station, and all Australian media, have any conscience then they will never work in the media again.

Whatever other issues this poor nurse had; if they had not made the call she would not be dead. Her blood is on their hands.

First you start your posting by saying

The cause and reasons for her death are matters for the inquest to decide.

Then you end you posting by saying

It seems we do not need an inquest, you have decided the cause and reasons.

• Like 1

As said, she obviously had other issues, and these will doubtless come out at the inquest.

It's as if she had been standing on the edge of a cliff contemplating whether to jump or not.

These two DJs then appear and push her over.

Excusable?

Never.

The two issues are combined; if they had not made the call the nurse would still be alive.

Are you sure?

I am sure that she would still be alive today.

Whether she would have been able to resolve whatever other issues she had, we will never know.

How do you know this 7by7?

In another post you say that an inquest will decide and now, again, you have decided yourself.

There is no doubt that this woman's life will now be dissected and analysed for public viewing so we should all know definitively in the coming weeks her back story.

Your opinion certainly says a lot about you.

I ask again, how would you feel if a member of your family was subjected to such an invasion of their privacy?

Would you laugh it off as a harmless prank then?

Edited by 7by7

The two issues are combined; if they had not made the call the nurse would still be alive.

Are you sure?

There is nothing to suggest otherwise

So this is the only thing that she had problems with? She was all happy and then she gets a prank call and kills herself?

Do you know anymore than us? If so please tell us. From the various news reports, hosptial and neighbours comments there is nothing to suggest any other signifcant problem. Thereore it is reasonable to think that this call and the follow up to it had such an affect.

We will probably never know - but we do know for sure how these idiots behaved. People react differently and have different fears and trigger points. What is insignificant to you may be a matter of life and death to another.

Edited by Baerboxer

As said, she obviously had other issues, and these will doubtless come out at the inquest.

It's as if she had been standing on the edge of a cliff contemplating whether to jump or not.

Excusable?

Never.

How were the DJs to know that she was on the edge of a cliff?

You had better be careful what you say to everyone, because one bad word might push them over and it will be all your fault regardless of what you say or what you know.

• Like 1

Do you know anymore than us? If so please tell us. From the various news reports, hosptial and neighbours comments there is nothing to suggest any other signifcant problem. Thereore it is reasonable to think that this call and the follow up to it had such an affect.

We will probably never know - but we do know for sure how these idiots behaved. People react differently and have different fears and trigger points. What is insignificant to you may be a matter of life and death to another.

These types of pranks are done all the time all over the world. People don't commit suicide over them.

Your opinion certainly says a lot about you.

I ask again, how would you feel if a member of your family was subjected to such an invasion of their privacy?

Would you laugh it off as a harmless prank then?

Yes. It seems it was an invasion of privacy. Kate and the Royal family should be angry.

Invasions of other peoples privacy usually don't lead to suicide.

As i don't make malicious prank calls to invade peoples privacy and attempt to obtain confidential medical information; I wont be in that position.

I find the attitude of some posters unbelievable.

One person has had her privacy grossly invaded and another has died; yet certain posters still see it as a harmless prank!

I just hope that they or a member of their family are never subjected to the same.

• Like 1

These types of pranks are done all the time all over the world. People don't commit suicide over them.

Yes - and some TV and radio shows use the format. They don't, as far as I know, follow up by ridiculing the "victims" and the responsible ones seek the "victims" permission prior to broadcast.

I have not checked to see if any research has been carried out on the effects of such pranks on the recipients. I doubt your assertion that "these types of pranks are done all the time all over the world" to be correct.

As i don't make malicious prank calls to invade peoples privacy and attempt to obtain confidential medical information; I wont be in that position.

I find the attitude of some posters unbelievable.

One person has had her privacy grossly invaded and another has died; yet certain posters still see it as a harmless prank!

I just hope that they or a member of their family are never subjected to the same.

I've never said it was a harmless prank. I just don't hold the DJs responsible for the nurse's death.

I don't think you can necessarily hold anyone responsible for the suicide except for the person who actually did it. That doesn't mean that the people that precipitated the event don't have some culpability and that they should be held blameless, however, saying they are responsible is a little far fetched.

I am sure they feel very guilty. Most anyone who is in anyway connected with a suicide either directly or indirectly has pangs of guilt.

• Like 1

I don't think you can necessarily hold anyone responsible for the suicide except for the person who actually did it. That doesn't mean that the people that precipitated the event don't have some culpability and that they should be held blameless, however, saying they are responsible is a little far fetched.

I am sure they feel very guilty. Most anyone who is in anyway connected with a suicide either directly or indirectly has pangs of guilt.

You express the sentiments of a decent person. Sadly, not everyone has the same values.

Read some of the articles in the Australian and British media about the behaviour of these radio presenters and their employers, prior to this "prank" and afterwards. Makes interesting reading.

Excusable?

Never.

Yes....of course because they had absolutely no way of ever suspecting it in the slightest.

Best be careful next time you complain to someone about ripping you off or a shop assistant short changing you....they might jump....then it'll be your fault. I suggest you get a zip inserted over lip.

You never know, next time I get some reprimand on a forum, I might take it the wrong way and jump....then my family and friends can blame the forum.

Everyone on here has taken the piss out of someone at some time....you should all hang your heads in shame....just in case.

Edited by Humbugged
  • Like 1

Are you sure?

There is nothing to suggest otherwise

So this is the only thing that she had problems with? She was all happy and then she gets a prank call and kills herself?

According to recent reports the poor lady was a "nervous person" by nature and friends believe this is the sort of thing that would have played on her mind. The fact that the radio station was continually playing the tape and the DJ's twittering more ridicule could well have created a nightmare scenario in her mind. There are no reports of any other problesm so far.

The reality is, based on accounts and reports so far, that without the prank call she would still be alive today.

The DJ's only concern was to exploit this to its fullest, and now they're engaged in a damage limitation exercise, along with their employers. Not the first contreversy for any of them either.

Edited by Baerboxer

Excusable?

Never.

Yes....of course because they had absolutely no way of ever suspecting it in the slightest.

Best be careful next time you complain to someone about ripping you off or a shop assistant short changing you....they might jump....then it'll be your fault. I suggest you get a zip inserted over lip.

You never know, next time I get some reprimand on a forum, I might take it the wrong way and jump....then my family and friends can blame the forum.

Everyone on here has taken the piss out of someone at some time....you should all hang your heads in shame....just in case.

The Brisbane TImes has a good leader on where to draw the line between offence and black humour. You should read it.

These people were continually playing the tape, and building up the ridicule associated with the so called prank purely for personal gain and to feed their own egos. A little different from the similies you propose. The tape was even aired afer her death was known.

According to recent reports the poor lady was a "nervous person" by nature and friends believe this is the sort of thing that would have played on her mind. The fact that the radio station was continually playing the tape and the DJ's twittering more ridicule could well have created a nightmare scenario in her mind. There are no reports of any other problesm so far.

The reality is, based on accounts and reports so far, that without the prank call she would still be alive today.

The DJ's only concern was to exploit this to its fullest, and now they're engaged in a damage limitation exercise, along with their employers. Not the first contreversy for any of them either.

I doubt the DJ's playing the tape effected her one bit. She probably never even heard it once. Seeing as she was in the UK and the DJs are in Aus.

Do you think that it might have been the media in the UK that pushed her over the edge?

I'm sure they do feel guilty Credo. However, there was no malice in the call, no premeditation to ruin the life of someone.

Out of thousands of radio pranks done in similar ways like this who could have predicted the results that have happened in this circumstance?

That the radio duo were into self promotion after the event is no crime as it is inherent to their profession. They cannot look into the future to see how their actions pan out.

Prince Charles himself, surely a better spokesperson for the Royal Family than anyone on ThaiVisa, seemed amused over the incident in an interview prior to this woman's death.

rip ...nurses r under a lot of stress at the best of times ... obviously those clowns didnt intend this to happen but i have little sympathy for the smart <deleted> ...some of the people go too far ...recently had a low rating morning tv host slag off a vc winner ...massive complaints saw her removed ...anyway hope the nurse has found peace

I doubt the DJ's playing the tape effected her one bit. She probably never even heard it once. Seeing as she was in the UK and the DJs are in Aus.

Do you think that it might have been the media in the UK that pushed her over the edge?

More conjecture. We don't know if she listened to the tape, once or many times; or if she read the two twitter accounts; or the amount of contact from the media - Aussie, British or other.

We do know that these people have a history of contreversy, carried out a "prank", that went wrong, and now facing a backlash are doing all they can to minimize any damage or consequences.

Excusable?

Never.

The Brisbane TImes has a good leader on where to draw the line between offence and black humour. You should read it.

These people were continually playing the tape, and building up the ridicule associated with the so called prank purely for personal gain and to feed their own egos. A little different from the similies you propose. The tape was even aired afer her death was known.

Agree then, there is a level of a lark you can go beyond...but the original prank and its production cannot be blamed for her death.

If it was played after her death as a news source, so be it, if it was played as a continued joke, then that is bad taste.

The vast population is entertained by this sort of stuff until it goes wrong...then they say...oh bugger.

Look at the popular tv shows and as an example, funniest home videos...everyone laughing at everyone...what if one of those people took it the wrong way ?

What about those jokester sites where they setup fake stuff and catch people out...forget their names....but again, the same thing could happen and everyone loves them...until.

It was a sad result of course, but you cannot blame the people involved and I would imagine they would be feeling pretty low themselves about now.

Maybe TV Radio presenters will think before they act before pranks like this in the future. Though I doubt it.

Not saying they made her commit suicide but suggestions are that this so called prank had some bearing on the final outcome.

Irresponsible and as far as impersonating another person, this is deceipt. Then making fun of the lass many times after the event is callous.

Feel for the nurse's family as this will run on for a while. I just hope the press leaves them alone to mourn their loss.

Sad that she felt she had to do that to escape.....but really, should we stop having a bit of a larf or a giggle or a prank because someone just might not be able to cope ?

Best we stop interacting with others altogether then and build our own little bubbles and cones of silence.

It was a telephone prank...not chasing a black mercedes down the highway at great speed for a photo.

Just a prank???? Trying telling that to the family she left behind. I thought all the ting tong Aussies were here in Los, obviously not!!

Condolences to her family.........

More conjecture. We don't know if she listened to the tape, once or many times; or if she read the two twitter accounts; or the amount of contact from the media - Aussie, British or other.

We do know that these people have a history of contreversy, carried out a "prank", that went wrong, and now facing a backlash are doing all they can to minimize any damage or consequences.

Conjecture?

We don't know if she listened to it all. She would have to make an effort to find it.

Sent from my HTC phone.

I am reasonably sure that the hospital was relatively quickly aware of this prank and was most likely investigating the situation. Whether she heard the tapes or not, she would have known about the situation and the seriousness of it. Violating patient confidentiality is serious. Even though this lady didn't intentionally do anything wrong, facing an investigation would be pretty stressful.

That they were still gloating about the "prank" after her death speaks volumes about the station and them.

Where is this gloating...linky

I found it by googling 2day FM earlier. Same as just now. Another advertiser pulls the plug

AUSTEREO The station is clearly poison just now.