Getting Binned From A School.

On a non b extension and newly out of employment from my school. WP will be handed in on Wednesday. I am male and married to a Thai and live in Sukhothai.

What are my options, first steps etc...

Whats the crack regarding the 7 days to leave the country?

Can I go to Mae Sot Immigration and ask for an extension of stay based on marriage, im not sure what this is, something to do with a 60 day extension? What would I require.

Kinda clueless but would go to Laos and start the Non O marriage process. Just wanted a bit of breathing space and head to Vientiane in the new year.

Thanks for any and all help.

jambco984.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect App

Your permission to stay in Thailand ends the day you stop working and are you required to leave. You can get a 7 day extension to "clear ouut", 1900 baht. If you are legally married to a Thai, have marriage certificate, you can get a 60 day extension, 1900 baht. You will need copies of your passport, your wife's ID, her Tambiaen Bann book, your marriage certifocate and her. They can do either extension at Mai Sot immigration. You will also need a completed TM7 form with a picture attached.

Edited by wayned
  • Like 1

If you are on an extension of stay for employment you need a letter from school addressed to them to cancel your extension of stay on last day of work - you can then extend for 60 days to visit wife (she will need to be with you with ID and marriage certificate). If you are actually on a 90 day visa entry there is no effect and you can extend for 60 days when it expires.

• Like 1

Your permission to stay in Thailand ends the day you stop working and are you required to leave. You can get a 7 day extension to "clear ouut", 1900 baht. If you are legally married to a Thai, have marriage certificate, you can get a 60 day extension, 1900 baht. You will need copies of your passport, your wife's ID, her Tambiaen Bann book, your marriage certifocate and her. They can do either extension at Mai Sot immigration. You will also need a completed TM7 form with a picture attached.

I wont be leaving the country but will be getting a new job shortly.

I think the 60 days is the best option.

If you are on an extension of stay for employment you need a letter from school addressed to them to cancel your extension of stay on last day of work - you can then extend for 60 days to visit wife (she will need to be with you with ID and marriage certificate). If you are actually on a 90 day visa entry there is no effect and you can extend for 60 days when it expires.

I take it the letter from the school I will need should be in Thai.

I will get this 60 day extension with no new visa required just the fee yes?

I was originally on a multi non b but changed to extension and 90 day reports.

The school have said they will hand the WP in on Wednesday when a English teacher i know will head to bkk for his new teachers license extension or something or other.

Yes. You need to cancel the current extension of stay and can then apply for a new extension of stay - normally that is refused but you get 7 days to depart but by having wife you have a valid option for extension and can get the 60 days before you need to leave. The normal TM.7 and 1,900 baht fee.

• Like 1

Yes. You need to cancel the current extension of stay and can then apply for a new extension of stay - normally that is refused but you get 7 days to depart but by having wife you have a valid option for extension and can get the 60 days before you need to leave. The normal TM.7 and 1,900 baht fee.

So cancelling is a letter from the school, roughly what should it say? In English but i can translate to get the required effect. Id imagine jambco984 will not be renewing his extension and that is that.

Take the misses with you when you apply for the extension.

What will taking her get me? The extra proof im married or the official non shit taking aspect the foreigner seems to get.

Just a thought, but if the OP opened a limited partnership with his wife he would;

a) Have a work permit in his own right.

b )Be able to 'sub contract in' to a school or schools of his choice.

c) Shrug his shoulders & go next door if no longer needed at any of them.

The above worked for me many years ago (diffent occupation) & removed the 'we've got you by the b*lls' overnight:)

How do you open a limited partnership thingy? How much is needed? I like the sounds of not being had by the balls of schools if you go onto the non b extension route.

To other wisemen on the subject. Can I work on a non o visa or mariage extension???

Thanks

Jambco984

I did not need letter when I cancelled my WP. I remember reading here that I need it but when I went to the labour department to cancel my WP and later to the Immigration for the 7 days nobody asked for it. I m pretty sure the girl at the labour dep said its not needed.

Edited by Nebula
  • Like 1

I suggest that you get an extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai lady verses the extension based upon working. That way you do not have to worry about your extension ending when your our job does.

When you get the 60 day extension be sure immigration marks it as being for marriage to a Thai. That way you should not have any problem getting a work permit. Also be sure a copy of your marriage certificate is submitted with the work permit application.

To get the one year extension you will need proof of 40K baht monthly income which can be tax payments from your work or 400K baht in a Thai bank for 60 days.

Also if the multiple entry B visa you have is still valid you could make a border run for another 90 days an then get the 60 or 1 year extension.

• Like 1

I did not need letter when I cancelled my WP. I remember reading here that I need it but when I went to the labour department to cancel my WP and later to the Immigration for the 7 days nobody asked for it. I m pretty sure the girl at the labour dep said its not needed.

So i can go and cancel my WP or the school? I need to have all available docs as my imm office is 150km away.

Better to have it than not in this case.

Your employer should cancel the work permit. If you can get a copy of the same letter or form from them that they are going to send to the labor office that would be good enough to take to immigration to cancel your extension and get another one.

• Like 1

Taking the wife with you is extra proof that you are ndeed visiting your wife, for which the extension is granted. Without it they will refuse the extension.

Always good to have the wife with me if it all gets too much and confusing.

Re Limited Partnership; Speak to any accounts/tax office & they'll point you in the right direction.

Thanks will take a look. Im intrigued.

I suggest that you get an extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai lady verses the extension based upon working. That way you do not have to worry about your extension ending when your our job does.

When you get the 60 day extension be sure immigration marks it as being for marriage to a Thai. That way you should not have any problem getting a work permit. Also be sure a copy of your marriage certificate is submitted with the work permit application.

To get the one year extension you will need proof of 40K baht monthly income which can be tax payments from your work or 400K baht in a Thai bank for 60 days.

Also if the multiple entry B visa you have is still valid you could make a border run for another 90 days an then get the 60 or 1 year extension.

This is the most likely route i will take in the future. Wish I hadnt come off the O visa in the 1st place, getting brainwashed by the school into thinking it was a good idea.

Your employer should cancel the work permit. If you can get a copy of the same letter or form from them that they are going to send to the labor office that would be good enough to take to immigration to cancel your extension and get another one.

Great advice as always thanks ;)

So i can go and cancel my WP or the school? I need to have all available docs as my imm office is 150km away.

Can't you use Ph its immortal office only 60 kms

Edited by lopburi3
fix quote

Can't you use Ph its immortal office only 60 kms

Ph being Pitsanulok?

Sukhothai now comes under the tak/ mae sot side of things. Hmmm. I dont know....

Edited by jambco984

Correct, Sukhothai falls under Tak-immigration and you can not use Phitsanulok immigration.

What should I write as the reason for wanting the 60 day extension? Going tomorrow morning.

Thanks

What should I write as the reason for wanting the 60 day extension? Going tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Marriage to a Thai National.

From Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

• Like 1

As I still have a valid non b visa multiple entry that runs out in January could I just exit and come back with a 90 day stamp?

Going to immigration to show them I don't want my extension anymore would the visa still be valid for one more cheeky entry?

Would I need to do anything special?

Thanks

Thanks for that.

Any clues as to what I just posted regards the b visa still being good for another go?

Thanks

Marriage to a Thai National.

From Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

As I still have a valid non b visa multiple entry that runs out in January could I just exit and come back with a 90 day stamp?

Going to immigration to show them I don't want my extension anymore would the visa still be valid for one more cheeky entry?

Would I need to do anything special?

Thanks

Yes your visa is still valid to do another 90 day entry. Nothing special you need to do just be sure you put visa number on arrival card and check that they gave you the 90 days.

You could then do the 60 day extension of the 90 day entry needed more time.

• Like 1

So went to Mae Sot yesterday and got 60 days, asked about doing another cheeky 90 on the non b and got told i couldnt and didnt want to arse around asking why.

Curious to me is that when employment finishes when you get your letter from your WP you have to go straight to the border. I got my letter on the 11th at 4pm got to the border on the morning of the 12th and was done for a days overstay.

It is possible to get to the border if I got the letter in the morning but 4pm plus 2 hours drive the place is closed. Oh well sorted for 60 days now.

Thanks for all your help

jambco984.