Schools In Hua Hin...help

davofromoz

We are moving to hua hin in may 2013. I have 17 and 18 year old boys from Australia. They want to do year 11 I'm trying to find a school that they can get credit for their study in Australia and also university such as Stamford in Thailand. I tried halio but they don't go that high in grades. Somtawin came up as they do English but are not an international school, I was told however their students still go on to get credit overseas and at international universities. Can someone verify if this is correct. Any other suggestions?

No international schools in hua hin ,only way is distance education

, why are you moving your kids at such a crucial school age?

If you have to leave maybe put them in boarding school in oz or send them to bangkok maybe.

Next year your boys will be 18 and 19 why are they still doing grade 11,shouldn't they have a job or be in university?

Edited by jingjoe8

Agree with Jingjoe8; no good high schools in Hua Hin for foreigners. We left our daughter in the U.S. to finish her last two years of school when we moved here, and now we regret it as without our supervision her grades and behavior at that crucial age suffered.

Good advice from previous poster. A boarding school in Oz or an International boarding school in Bangkok would be your only good choices and very expensive. From our experience, I'd put off the move until they finish high school.

Thankyou for your replies, I have just come across a long distance education school here in Australia that is the same curriculum he is used to . They are used to people travelling and hence works well.

Its now up to him to be self disciplined and stick to it, he will miss his friends but hopefully I can get him into some clubs , maybe muay thai or soccer so he has some friends in hua hin.

Thankyou for your replies, I have just come across a long distance education school here in Australia that is the same curriculum he is used to . They are used to people travelling and hence works well.

Its now up to him to be self disciplined and stick to it, he will miss his friends but hopefully I can get him into some clubs , maybe muay thai or soccer so he has some friends in hua hin.

There are loads of Muay Thai places and also a small karate club in Hua Hin now. At least 2 soccer clubs/grounds I think. The guy that runs the karate is just 22 years old and arrived here from England not too long ago, he seems to have a young group of friends and an active social life, so tat could be worth checking out.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks tendreams, will look into that.

re:stradavarius37

As far as rushing to a beach resort, I am running a business so I'm not retiring or putting my feet up on the beach, with the Australian curriculum studies he will be fine and he makes friends very easily.

• 1 month later...

I think you owe it to your children to let them see out the last year or so, I think the impact on the move at this stage in their education would have a marked impact on them. The only way I can see it being even a slight consideration would be to find a good school in BK for them to have a chance to retain the education they have had and get the grades they are wishing for.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

thanks for sharing very usefull information

We live in Oz and are planning to move to HH in 1-2 years. Home will be north of HH right accross main highway from Stamford. My daughter just started year 4 (9yo) in Oz but one consideration is 'one day' returning back to Oz for High school or Uni

Could you please share contact details for 'Long Distance Education school in Oz'

Does the HuaHin Somtawin campus offer same curiculum as the other one

I seen on th e web that 'Somtawin In years 10, 11 and 12 your child will be able to sit the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examinations'. Are you familiar if this is accepted in Australia same as HSC or does require additional examination prior to entering Oz Uni

• 4 months later...