Motogp 2013 + Sbk,bsb Motorbike Racing

Bluetongue

yes Soihok I think SBK had India booked but postponed/cancelled for this period

comeon yoshi brookes, I say

good vid cyclonej, reminds me of some OZ roads, makes you wonder what the farmers think as you're whizzing past at 275, well not me, more like 200 maybe

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ozzie BSB star is riding at the North West 200 in Ireland this year, as a prelude to his TT appearance,

As a newcomer, he has to wear a Hi-Vis jacket in practice at both races, i wonder how he feels about this??

Good vid by " cycloneJ " and one of I guess many of the short road course places.

The TT is always been special because it's been about motorcycle racing since 1907 and the oldest motor-cycle racing circuit that is still in use.

The Snaefell Mountain Course over which the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy races are run, start at the town of Douglas on the south-east coast, the course takes a wide sweep to the west and north to enter the town of Ramsey on the north-east coast and thence return to the starting point, each lap measuring 37¾ miles (60.7 km) and taking in over 200 bends while climbing from sea level to an altitude of over 1,300 ft (396 m).

This circuit is the epitome of the natural road course, all the roads used being ordinary public highways but closed for the racing and practice sessions.

• Like 1

good vid cyclonej, reminds me of some OZ roads, makes you wonder what the farmers think as you're whizzing past at 275, well not me, more like 200 maybe

there was a warning on the Cliffhanger website 2 weeks before the event:

Please, do not carry out "practice runs" up Te Wharau Road.

There have been comments made to us by local residents and some residents have lodged formal objections to this event with the Carterton District Council.

There is the possibility we may lose this event if the "practice runs" continue.

A member of the Organising Committee will be attending a hearing with the CDC this week to argue for continuing to run this event.

We need the cooperation of the locals to be able to have this Hillclimb.

We stress that being able to run the event is a privilege, not a right.

Masterton Police are aware we are running again this year and may be monitoring the local roads. - please pass this message on.

Madness to risk it, with cars, trucks, tractors, sheep a possibility around every corner, as well as risking the event being cancelled..

Mind you I hope they allow for a few practice runs on the day, I would probably be going up there quite happily at 100 max on a Sunday ride staying on my side of the road etc but if I was a competetitor I'd want a few goes at it. And madness it is thats why they have the motorbike wiggling signs all over Mt Glorious and Mt Mee near Brisbane where I come from and yet still people race there every weekend and sometimes through the week. Mind you sometimes the local residents can take things a bit far like at Mt Nebo near Brisbane, they all automatically flash their lights at you and the cops pull every single bike over regardless of what you are doing and force you to endure a lecture and make you feel like a criminal just for daring to enjoy riding a bike. It is a 80 k speed limit and I thoroughly enjoy the corners at about that speed and less

where else in SE Asia? China? Thailand?

Where else? I'd rule out Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Singapore

Indonesia?

28 March 2013
MotoGP needs more races in South East Asia, plus a return to South America and Africa.
That's the view of Yamaha's Motor Racing managing director Lin Jarvis, who feels that the current European-dominated calendar does not reflect the commercial reality for motorcycle sales.
"I would like to see this sport move to some other markets around the world, which are growing markets, in particular in South East Asia: MotoGP is very important there and we only have one race there at the moment in Sepang. There is definitely capacity to have more races there," said Jarvis.
"I would like to see the Championship grow to be a truly global Championship.
"I would like to see it in South America, I would like to see it back in Africa, I would like to see two races in South East Asia

• Like 1

Anywhere but Quatar, i really dont like the waste of energy put into a night race for a 100 or so spectators, its a fact that the electricity used is enough to light a motorway from Abu Dhabi to Moscow, and its not so hot in April either, about the same here now, 35c, so why a night race??

Thailand would be ok, as long as its out of the wet season and cooler, at least, People can relate to the big bikes as they are being made here now,

Good vid Cyclone, thanks, The only real road circuit on the UK Mainland is Olivers Mount, Scarborough, only 8ft wide in places, will post a link soon when the net stops misfiring!!

Used to go there in the late 70s, Sheene Grant,Ditchburn,Crosby,Ballington,Potter,Marshall,Haslam,Heuwen,Parrish,Newbold,Kwasaki will fill in the rest of them, and its still part of the Irish roads championship,

Well the only thing holding Thailand back is chaos. Just getting the equipment in would require some real heavyweight interference, let alone getting a track done, marshals, etc etc. They could do it but I just cant see anyone from MotoGP being prepared to put in the oversight effort required. Indonesia might be a possibility, China has been done so that could happen but its not really SE-Asia, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam = no. Singapore sure to be a bore, no land for a circuit only a street race cant see the safety commission buying it. Has to be Indonesia or Thailand should be both.

Anywhere but Quatar, i really dont like the waste of energy put into a night race for a 100 or so spectators, its a fact that the electricity used is enough to light a motorway from Abu Dhabi to Moscow, and its not so hot in April either, about the same here now, 35c, so why a night race??

Thailand would be ok, as long as its out of the wet season and cooler, at least, People can relate to the big bikes as they are being made here now,

Good vid Cyclone, thanks, The only real road circuit on the UK Mainland is Olivers Mount, Scarborough, only 8ft wide in places, will post a link soon when the net stops misfiring!!

Used to go there in the late 70s, Sheene Grant,Ditchburn,Crosby,Ballington,Potter,Marshall,Haslam,Heuwen,Parrish,Newbold,Kwasaki will fill in the rest of them, and its still part of the Irish roads championship,

Worked in Qatar for 1 year or so and only worked at night and a little into early morning, MotoGP at night is good, believe me you wouldn't want to ride in that sun.blink.png

Oliver's Mount

Went there many moons ago with me Dad once but don't remember much except it was crowded and was sitting on me Dad's shoulders.

Some more riders a bit later on biggrin.png Guy Martin, Ryan Farquhar, Ian Lougher, John McGuinness, Chris Palmer, William Dunlop and sidecar ace Nick Crowe amongst many other lesser-known, but very skilled riders.

The circuit itself is 2.43 miles (3.91 km) in length and is not much more than a service road around Oliver's Mount. It is known as a technical and twisty track that requires a great deal of skill and bravery to tackle.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

Im gonna go for rossi win he is gonna want to be up there running at the front and get back to winning ways as long as he doesnt bin it from trying to hard its rossi forn1st place

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Well less than a week to go & we will see how the GP season starts smile.png

Well just for a crack my guess biggrin.png 1st. Dani, 2nd. Jorge, 3th. Val, 4th.Marc, 5th. Andrea, 6th. Cal.

That looks pretty good guess wise.

I do think Marc is a real wildcard though with potential albeit lacking experience

He may surprise

Edited by mania

Hi Mania,

If you have BB, try this link,

http://www.livesport-stream.com/index/british_eurosport_2_hd_live_streaming_free/0-31

Ive been watching on this for 9 months now, you have to get used to the adverts ect, but stream 2 is usually the best, also on the same site is Eurosport HD,

Hey thanks again I am watching practice right now & it is streaming beautifully !!

Ok well it wouldn't take much of a gamble to predict Lorenzo (Grid 1) and Pedrosa (Grid 3) on the podium. So who else, Dovi (Grid 4) , Vale (Grid 7), Cal, (Grid 2) , Marc (Grid 6) hmm. Lorenzo to win, Pedrosa second, Dovisioso, 3rd. For me the Ducati qualifying was at least a surprise if not a big one. I think he has the all round package to get third. Vale can go along way with his racecraft, his skill and his equipment but I'm still predicting he might not be able to match it with the top guys at the crucial moment. You might recall I said similar last year but it was all blame the bike then. So we'll see and I'll be happy to eat humble pie if wrong. Marquez had a habit of hanging back a little from the start in Moto 2 for a few corners before he passed his opposition to be like second at the end of the first lap. He wont want to do that here as Lorenzo and Pedrosa will get away and the other guys wont be so easily passed. Cal is harder now so I'm expecting him to pick up more podiums. Of the rest Bradl would appear to be the best (Grid 5). Spies off to a great start in 13th and didn't make the final qualifying. Smith 9th I think.

For Moto2 I was called out at the crucial stage but you'd have to think Espargaro, then Redding and possible Kallio or the Japanese guy. maybe Terol

Moto 3 I like Folger's chances though Salom looks hard to beat on the Repsol thing, chuck in Maverick and you have a podium but he wont ever be a favourite of mine, a prima donna with a sulk and an attitude

Hey Lickey

Shakey's the man, whats with the 45 second lap, you'd get giddy for sure, what do they have to about 100 laps or something

Just watched all the BSB races, 2 races, 30 laps, yes, 45/46 secs a lap on the Brands Indy circuit, Shakey got the 1st 1, but made a mistake trying to pass James Ellison, ex CRT rider, came 3rd, but leads the series by 1 point from Alex Lowes, Honda, oh dear, Josh Brookes 3rd & 5th made a comment that Tyco Suzuki do operate within the rules, that hasnt gone done well with the others,,

Suprise for me was John Mc Pint [Guiness] 20 times TT winner led 20 of the 24 laps in the 1000 Superstock as part of the Honda Legends Team, he wont be doing all the UK series but what a bloke, 40 years old,

BSB, the 1 and only Duke raced by last years Italian SB champ got a 10th and a 16th, Dukes are really out of the BSB when they used to rule, cost prohibitive perhaps? or just not competitive anymore??,

Time to have a butchers at MotoGP, Cal or Vale would be good,,

Well less than a week to go & we will see how the GP season starts smile.png

Well just for a crack my guess biggrin.png 1st. Dani, 2nd. Jorge, 3th. Val, 4th.Marc, 5th. Andrea, 6th. Cal.

You know with the exception of Dani you had a very good guess there ;)

My connection was choppy so will retry the replay at 9:30 tonight.

Should have woke up earlier as the 5:30am replay seemed smooth

& I caught just the end. Will hopefully watch the whole gp class race tonight

Having been away from viewing for a few years I am impressed

at how well the Moto3 bikes go. From what I saw last night

When 2 strokes died I thought this class would be pretty sad.

But having had a look I was surprised at what the single cylinder 250

is doing. So much so I had a read up on the KTM engine. Interesting engine

with some interesting technology.

How about Marc? Could be an interesting year if he is consistent

Well Dani is the big loser so far. If you said that 1234 would be how they would finish the season it would be premature I think. I'll give Dani the benefit of at least one more start. Only real dicing action was Rossi and Marc in the last couple of laps, bit hard on that circuit to get off the line and pass.

• Like 1

What can we say about VR46, he certainly closed a few mouths in the racing world, Has Been, utter squit and <deleted>, Rossi is back on a bike he knows and can ride to its max, wonder what would have happened if that little mistake early on hadnt happened??

As for Cal trying to re-pass VR straight away, big mistake, he should have followed him past Redposa, and up to MM at least, yes, i know, easy to say from an armchair,but to me it makes more sense,

Good weekend coming up, WSB Aragon, and BSB Thruxton, I will be happy to stay inside with this silly Songkram thing going on, specially when all the local resovoirs are near empty,

What can we say about VR46, he certainly closed a few mouths in the racing world, Has Been, utter squit and <deleted>, Rossi is back on a bike he knows and can ride to its max, wonder what would have happened if that little mistake early on hadnt happened??

I think if he had qualified better & did not slip up

( I know that is two if's ) smile.png

but I tend to think judging by his lap times while bridging up that we may have been treated to a Yamaha/Yamaha

battle of a race. Whether or not that would be a good thing for that team at the 1st race is another story

especially if a mishap was the result.

But between Rossi being back & Marc looking so good early on like this...I think

it will be a fun season to watch. Not to mention Cal if he gets just a bit more hp

Yeah Valentino got off line early and paid a price for it I thought. If had stayed in the train what would have happened, he would have passed the Honda's earlier and challenged Lorenzo?. Did you see the cloud of sand that fumed up every time someone got off line. I realise they race there for politics and money but please don't conclude the season based on it. In fact what a crap track. VR46 though has emerged better than anyone except Lorenzo though.

Tom is on pole for today, Brits galore, Laverty, Davies etc

Lickey whats going on at Thruxton

Edited by Bluetongue
  • Like 1

Yeah Valentino got off line early and paid a price for it I thought. If had stayed in the train what would have happened, he would have passed the Honda's earlier and challenged Lorenzo?. Did you see the cloud of sand that fumed up every time someone got off line. I realise they race there for politics and money but please don't conclude the season based on it. In fact what a crap track. VR46 though has emerged better than anyone except Lorenzo though.

Tom is on pole for today, Brits galore, Laverty, Davies etc

Lickey whats going on at Thruxton

Yes I saw that dust off the main line & yes what a crappy environment to be doing

those speeds.

I imagine Moto 3 had it worst

You know one thing about that GP race was from the start Pedrosa was right there

& the race was his to lose

Is he still suffering from injuries?