What's Happening At The Condos Next To The Shangri La Hotel

mascarakatze

In a well established condominium complex next to the Shangri La hotel, long time owners are selling multiple apartments. One of the committee members is attempting to unload his two units. What could be the problem. I was in Hillside 4 the other day and a couple asked if I knew of any condos for rent and they specified not xxxx xxxxx. What's changed. I know that at least half of the units are affected by the noise from the compressors at the Shangri La hotel and the owners are finding it difficult to find tenants or buyers. Certainly the new committee can't be to blame. After years of constructive collaboration with former committee members who had differences but pulled together for the good of the complex. I'm certain that it can't be the new committee.

What went wrong?

There appears to be a new condominium complex breaking ground on the other side of the Shangri La hotel between the Kasikorn bank and the hotel. This could be a fresh start for investors and owners to be in a great location with new people who have vision, realistic expectations and sanity.

Maybe profit-taking?

I just sold my condo (not xxxxx xxxxx) two weeks ago, too, cause I thought it was the best time seeing the current inflationary building boom in and around CNX, a more than threefold sales price of the amount I paid 11 years ago, the building becoming visibly older, and a by and by decreasing maintenance. And I'm probably not the only one having concerns like these ...

Currently buying a few older cheapish town houses as a bit of a punt for later, location, location and all that. Not touching condos though, the new ones are pricey (and could be dicey if under construction if things go bad economically) and as just pointed out by a previous poster the maintenance tends to go by the wayside as new Mercedes are bought for managers and committees grab their cut of the tenant fees. A shophouse/townhouse has a lower return but a solid performer favoured by the Chinese.

is maskarakatze implying that an important and well-known hotel of chiang mai is not environmentally friendly?If so why he is so sneaky instead of being straightforward

He complains vaguely about something wrong that is going on in that neighbourhood,but the only reason for complaining that he does mention is :"I know that at least half of the units"of a condo" are affected by the noise from the compressors at the S.......... hotel and the owners are finding it difficult to find tenants or buyers".

Is the problem of pollution in Chiang Mai(mostly air pollution,but there is also noise pollution due to the traffic) getting worse ? .

Shall we assume that we must be careful if we complain for this kind of problems?Is it dangerous to highlight these problems?

I met several elderly ladies the other day in a restaurant and we got to talking. They asked me about the pollution and I told them this was about as bad as it gets outside of the burning season. They just laughed as I said they were elderly late 60s early 70s. They mentioned growing up in LA and another smog city that has cleaned up they found the air pollution here negligible. As for the noise pollution if it is the same noise you will get used to it. Look at the people who live by airports after a while it becomes a non issue.