Domestic Question - Curtain Sizes

This seems so simple that I can't believe I have to ask, but ....

Needing some new curtains, I went into the shop and found the packages.

Are the sizes indicated on the package width by height (length) or vice versa?

If the package says it's 130 x 150, does that mean it's 130 cm wide or 130 cm high (long)?

Almost embarrassed to ask something so simple, but I need to know before buying and finding I've got the wrong size.

wub.pngcheesy.gif

Base on evidenced -E bay etc as apposed to an actual international standard it is Width x Length (or Height)

I believe that is correct, our curtains were in two lengths (window and door) and a single width.

Is it that difficult to ask in a shop?

You can even ask to open a package and feel the cloth and at the same time see how it is made.

They are happy to show it to you.

Ask in the shop: Is that the width? "Yes," with head nodding. Is it the length? "Yes," with head nodding.

Lots of head nodding, no matter what the question. So that doesn't work.

Opening the package could be a good idea, but it's closed with solid strapping and a security knob.

I got the impression they were bothered by my interest, rather than happy to show me anything.

• Like 1

Is it that difficult to ask in a shop?

You can even ask to open a package and feel the cloth and at the same time see how it is made.

They are happy to show it to you.

Ask in the shop: Is that the width? "Yes," with head nodding. Is it the length? "Yes," with head nodding.

Lots of head nodding, no matter what the question. So that doesn't work.

Opening the package could be a good idea, but it's closed with solid strapping and a security knob.

I got the impression they were bothered by my interest, rather than happy to show me anything.

That is so true. They just say yes to everything. It makes me want to go up to the hottest Thai I see and ask her if she wants to shag.

I bought mine at Ikea. It was kinda confusing. Mine are taller than they are wide, but they may be a different style. The part I found confusing was I like to measure things and have everything in order that way. When you measure for curtains and head to the store, if you buy the same measurment, that doesn't work, unless you like your curtains with no "slack" in them. I had no idea, I just kept buying curtains until it looked ok, lol. Not to bad, there is a free shuttle to Ikea, and I found some good pizza out there too.

Good luck.

I'm out in Rayong province, so have to use either Tesco-Lotus or Big C. Guess I could go up to Makro, too, but that's a longer trip.

I think I've got it figured now, and have to go into the city for something else this week, so will combine errands on that trip.