Versys - First Impression

seedy

Ordered the VFR yesterday. I should get it sometime in March.

Congrats !

Your a bit of a kid in a candy store aren't you? wink.png

You lucky boy smile.png

Thanks, I do have to give up the Fireblade though. They offered me 650,000 as a trade-in. I'll miss the Fireblade for sure, but I really can't complain.

Is the current price of that bike 960,000 as stated on the bigbike webiste brian? How do you think it compares to the yamaha fz1..? Saw it at the babgkok bike show, selling for just under 600,000 and looked pretty nice and also a very capable sports tourer?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Thaivisa Connect App

i think the VFR is way ahead in terms of technology

the FZ1 is an amazing bike but the VFR dash is like a spaceship

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FZ1 is a great bike, but technology and look of the VFR sold me. http://powersports.honda.com/2013/vfr1200f/innovations/engine.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/11126/Motorcycle-Article/2011-Road-Sport-Shootout-Conclusion.aspx The FZ1 actually did quite well in this shootout. It's from 2011, but it is the latest I could find.

brian congrats.

vfr1200 is dream bike of mine for touring!

it has modern tech, double clutch auto tranny and yes, it is like a spaceship of tourers.

I am sure you will not miss fireblade that much.

i will come and see you new bike once it is received.

Is vfr1200 also restricted by the way?

and please open a thread please for vfr1200 and share you xp there with us. thanks.

Edited by loserlazer

brian congrats.

it has modern tech, double clutch auto tranny and yes, it is like a spaceship of tourers.

and please open a thread please for vfr1200 and share you xp there with us. thanks.

Thanks. No, it managed to pass emissions in unrestricted form. It has more HP and torque than the Fireblade too. Not sure how the VFR managed to pass. Perhaps the dual clutch and huge exhaust helped.

brian congrats.

Thanks. No, it managed to pass emissions in unrestricted form. It has more HP and torque than the Fireblade too. Not sure how the VFR managed to pass. Perhaps the dual clutch and huge exhaust helped.

!

It is good luck Brian:)

I am sure you will love that torque from 1500 rpm to all the way up anytime anywhere!

The FZ1 is a great bike, but technology and look of the VFR sold me. http://powersports.honda.com/2013/vfr1200f/innovations/engine.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/11126/Motorcycle-Article/2011-Road-Sport-Shootout-Conclusion.aspx The FZ1 actually did quite well in this shootout. It's from 2011, but it is the latest I could find.

Yeah fair enough, looks like an awesome bike, wish could afford it here.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Thaivisa Connect App

Actually i should have compared the vfr to the yamaha fjr1300@, i believe its slightly cheaper than the honda yeah? Did you consider it at all? Does the vfr include the touring boxes brian?

Cheers

No, the touring boxes are extra. I remember talking to Yamaha about the Super Tenere and they said the boxes were included. As a Yamaha dealer, I could also get a 100,000 baht discount. Honda is pretty tight with the freebies and extras. I really want the VFR, so I don't mind paying more.