Dukes Old Burger Joint Open Again

CaitlinHappyMeal

paid them a visit tonight as I love a good burger......happy to say that the burgers were better than before the shop closed a couple of months ago and they were good then.spoke to the owner who informed me he had been back in the USA on personal business for a couple of months but was now sourcing his burgers from a different supplier..my only complaint would be the price has gone up

110g cheeseburger with a handful of fries and a lemonade refill is now 175 baht which if my memory serves me correct is a jump of 30 baht

my other farang food haunt the UN pub does a steak and onion pie with mash,carrots.peas and gravy for 180 baht which is better value for the money

the Dukes does a 99 baht burger with fries tasty although not as good,,,,,,,so he is slightly overpriced in my opinion but still a cracking burger

paid them a visit tonight as I love a good burger......happy to say that the burgers were better than before the shop closed a couple of months ago and they were good then.spoke to the owner who informed me he had been back in the USA on personal business for a couple of months but was now sourcing his burgers from a different supplier..my only complaint would be the price has gone up

110g cheeseburger with a handful of fries and a lemonade refill is now 175 baht which if my memory serves me correct is a jump of 30 baht

my other farang food haunt the UN pub does a steak and onion pie with mash,carrots.peas and gravy for 180 baht which is better value for the money

the Dukes does a 99 baht burger with fries tasty although not as good,,,,,,,so he is slightly overpriced in my opinion but still a cracking burger

You are comparing a hamburger to a cheese burger. Hardly a fair comparison.

So now that intersection has 3 burger places on the corners, Mikes, Fat E. and The Riva, anybody tried the Riva burger for comparison, saw their banner the other day, looks like some competative pricing, how about quality?

Can't say about the quality at any one but the Dukes but knowing there insistence on cleanliness I would imagine the quality of their products would be hard to beat. Mikes I would rate as low. Will defiantly try the others.

On a side note I was in the franchise one once and Dave was cooking. He said they had to fire some one and he was helping to train the new fellow. The fellow headed over to the grill and Dave just looked at him pointed his finger at him and said you go wash your hands.

Edited by hellodolly

So now that intersection has 3 burger places on the corners, Mikes, Fat E. and The Riva, anybody tried the Riva burger for comparison, saw their banner the other day, looks like some competative pricing, how about quality?

tried the Riva a couple of weeks ago....wont be going back

i went to riva and ordered a special listed on their big promotional banner hanging in front. .. waited awhile and then was informed the promotion was over. i see the banner is still up. not good. Happy to hear there are good burger back at Dukes or whoever is making them now.

Dealt with the owner of Riva too on another matter and she 100% misrepresented what she was trying to sell and after some research (at land office hint hint) and when I showed her she said "well that's what I call it". Maybe she'll give you a piece of tomato and say it's a burger!

I couldn't imagine ordering food at the Riva. Drink yes, but food? It's more of an entertainment spot. Was there one night on a voting day or whatever and the police showed up. I overheard the cop telling the owner that she didn't pay up and to collect all the drinks immediately. Everyone had to gulp their drinks down and then they closed the shutters. At that point you could only order soft drinks and listen to the band cooped up inside. Silly. I won't go back.

You are comparing a hamburger to a cheese burger. Hardly a fair comparison.

True at the Dukes the 99 burger ( which I like ) is 99 + 20 cheese + 7% vat = 127

with no drink.

So the 175 with a drink is pretty equal or better I guess.

If both places are Dukes shouldn't the taste be the same?

Or is it a franchise deal?

anyway will give it a try when I have my next burger attack :)

Not too often but when it hits I need one

re.

i see the banner is still up.

theres a new white one on the front now : (

dave2

Nice location. Wonder how much it's going for. Might ask the GF to do some inquiring.

Edited by lsk

re.

i see the banner is still up.

theres a new white one on the front now : (

dave2

LOL gee what a surprise. If the woman had left the place as it was with live music and cocktails and skipped the expansion/re-construction and attempt at selling farang food, it may have been profitable. The writing was on the wall...

re.

here ya go .. a copy of the dukes m m road menu 23 april 12

and the river branch of dukes 99 baht burger fries

will take some beating for quality : )

dave2

post-42592-0-89455400-1355401061_thumb.j

post-42592-0-82202600-1355401103_thumb.j

7/11 charge less than 30 baht for their burger; add just an extra 20 baht for a strawberry milk and you have the perfect end to a late night.

You cannot compare that 7/11 burger with a real hamburger. Sure, I eat the 7/11 burgers when i am on a road trip, but I would prefer something a lot better.