Ex-Thai P M Abhisit To Hear Murder Charge Over Protest Death

webfact

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you feel this option, if proposed by Abhisit, would have been received among the 'party' decision makers? You know the 'backers' of a party who exert influence but not necessarily in the public eye.......

Obviously the answer to my question is NO.

At times I feel like speculating and wondering about the 'Meaning of Liff' and so. This seems the closest to Abhisit (alphabethicly that is)

"ABINGER (n.)

One who washes up everything except the frying pan, the cheese grater and the saucepan which the chocolate sauce has been made in."smile.png

Perhaps the enquiry (charges) are a road to end the speculation once and for all.....thus surely a positive action

As far as I know you're the first to question if k. Abhisit had the authority to step down if he wanted. The enquiry by you doesn't seem to have any relation to the charges of murder filed by the DSI with the criminal court here in Thailand.

Of course, I may be wrong in this assumption rolleyes.gif

Rubl:

Since you never said "YES", I don't find the answer to your question that obvious. The rest of your post is difficult to interpret. Perhaps it is some sort of British humor that I am too uncivilized to understand.

Terribly sorry, old chap. I'm afraid it's much more a Continental Europe, or maybe even just Dutch sense of humour. Please be assured I never meant to confuse non-British native English speakers rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl

Muttley Discussion 96: Please be careful. I hate to see you getting close to stooping to the level of the majority of protesters here by stating conclusions that may seem obvious to you, but have not really been proven. Granted, you supply a fair amount of evidence to support your conclusions, which only a small handful of the Marky-Mark fan club does, but still.

Most of the posters here seem to believe that they have a keen and prescient knowledge of events, thoughts, and motivations of which they couldn't possibly have first-hand knowledge.

Now a different line of thought:

The International organization: Human Rights Watch stated the following in September 2012: "The Thai government should act on the findings of an independent inquiry and prosecute all those responsible for rights abuses during the 2010 political violence, Human Rights Watch said today." http://www.hrw.org/n...e-2010-violence

There are a very large amount of posters here that feel that doing just that is absurd, ridiculous, politically motivated and pure BS. That's probably because the Human Rights Watch is well-known as just another bought and paid for Thaksin apologist group. In fact they are so clever that, to through critics off the scent, in 2007 they reportedly called Thaksin "a human rights abuser of the worst kind". I'm sure that they loved HRW in 2007, but now their advice is considered absurd.

Incidentally, the same group, in referring to the "decent" Abhisit, said "This government came into office saying it was committed to protecting rights, but it has become the most prolific censor in recent Thai history." I guess that was after Thaksin purchased them. Anyone asking for evidence that Abhisit is not a decent fellow need only look at the censorship record of his administration.

One would think that the Abhisit supporters would welcome the opportunity for Abhisit and Suthep to have their day in court and set the record straght once and for all. Perhaps deep down inside they know the government took actions well outside internationally acceptable standards, and fear that justice may actually be achieved in this case.

No offence, dear gator, but my source of inspiration Robert A. and the group he represents (i.e. UDD) have denounced the report of the TRTC as faulty. Furthermore Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm said the commission didn't have the authority to come to the conclusion they came to.

Personally I think the court may dismiss the cases raised before k. Abhisit gets a chance to have his day in court. Also lots of people might see this as setting the wrong precedent, not reconciliatory, conflicting with amnesty, reason to dig deeper into who's involved and the like.wai2.gif

No offense dear Rubl, but I'm rather surprised to see you citing the words of Robert A. and Kun Chalerm as your reason for finding Abhisit's charges as absurd, and I'm not sure why you think I would be offended by that. I guess that I have misinterpreted some of your previous posts in my thinking that the opinions of the UDD and Chalerm would carry little weight with you.

And personally, I think you are probably correct that the court may dismiss the cases. Perhaps that is another incredibly clever plan to smear their impeccable reputations and then deny them their day in court.

Please read again, I didn't say I find charges absurd. I'm just saying that where some quote the TRTC report as reason to charge Abhisit, some see the report as unreliable and faulty. Who to believe?wai.gif

So guys was Abhisit in a position to make the decision to step down immediately....to avoid confrontation?

Yes, and on the way out the door he would have said "welcome to mob rule".

Sent from my HTC phone.

Perhaps realising, as the door closed, that a coup could be viewed as close relation of Mob rule, but safe in knowledge his action had avoided confrontation, escalation, and paved the way for a government elected and supported by the voters

rubl #123: I think the perceived relation to the charges of murder might be a question of whether or not Abhisit truly exhausted all possible avenues of conciliation before issuing what was apparently interpreted as a "shoot to kill" orely der to the army.

Personally, I think the redshirts screwed the proverbial pooch when they did not accept the offer of an early election. Even if they believed the offer was insincere and would ultimately be backed out of, they should have called his bluff and given the Thai people, as well as the rest of the world, a chance to see him for the duplicitous liar they probably considered him to be.

• Like 1

Muttley Discussion 96: Please be careful. I hate to see you getting close to stooping to the level of the majority of protesters here by stating conclusions that may seem obvious to you, but have not really been proven. Granted, you supply a fair amount of evidence to support your conclusions, which only a small handful of the Marky-Mark fan club does, but still.

Most of the posters here seem to believe that they have a keen and prescient knowledge of events, thoughts, and motivations of which they couldn't possibly have first-hand knowledge.

Now a different line of thought:

The International organization: Human Rights Watch stated the following in September 2012: "The Thai government should act on the findings of an independent inquiry and prosecute all those responsible for rights abuses during the 2010 political violence, Human Rights Watch said today." http://www.hrw.org/n...e-2010-violence

There are a very large amount of posters here that feel that doing just that is absurd, ridiculous, politically motivated and pure BS. That's probably because the Human Rights Watch is well-known as just another bought and paid for Thaksin apologist group. In fact they are so clever that, to through critics off the scent, in 2007 they reportedly called Thaksin "a human rights abuser of the worst kind". I'm sure that they loved HRW in 2007, but now their advice is considered absurd.

Incidentally, the same group, in referring to the "decent" Abhisit, said "This government came into office saying it was committed to protecting rights, but it has become the most prolific censor in recent Thai history." I guess that was after Thaksin purchased them. Anyone asking for evidence that Abhisit is not a decent fellow need only look at the censorship record of his administration.

One would think that the Abhisit supporters would welcome the opportunity for Abhisit and Suthep to have their day in court and set the record straght once and for all. Perhaps deep down inside they know the government took actions well outside internationally acceptable standards, and fear that justice may actually be achieved in this case.

No offence, dear gator, but my source of inspiration Robert A. and the group he represents (i.e. UDD) have denounced the report of the TRTC as faulty. Furthermore Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm said the commission didn't have the authority to come to the conclusion they came to.

Personally I think the court may dismiss the cases raised before k. Abhisit gets a chance to have his day in court. Also lots of people might see this as setting the wrong precedent, not reconciliatory, conflicting with amnesty, reason to dig deeper into who's involved and the like.wai2.gif

No offense dear Rubl, but I'm rather surprised to see you citing the words of Robert A. and Kun Chalerm as your reason for finding Abhisit's charges as absurd, and I'm not sure why you think I would be offended by that. I guess that I have misinterpreted some of your previous posts in my thinking that the opinions of the UDD and Chalerm would carry little weight with you.

And personally, I think you are probably correct that the court may dismiss the cases. Perhaps that is another incredibly clever plan to smear their impeccable reputations and then deny them their day in court.

Please read again, I didn't say I find charges absurd. I'm just saying that where some quote the TRTC report as reason to charge Abhisit, some see the report as unreliable and faulty. Who to believe?wai.gif

So you don't find the charges absurd? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Rubl:

Since you never said "YES", I don't find the answer to your question that obvious. The rest of your post is difficult to interpret. Perhaps it is some sort of British humor that I am too uncivilized to understand.

Terribly sorry, old chap. I'm afraid it's much more a Continental Europe, or maybe even just Dutch sense of humour. Please be assured I never meant to confuse non-British native English speakers rolleyes.gif

Sorry if I offended you by suggesting that you were British. I guess I'm not worldly enough to distinguish. I do still wonder what the heck you were saying. BTW, I tried googling the definition of abinger, since it was a word I was unfamiliar with, and could find no definition at all. Is it a Continental European or Dutch colloquialism? Edited by gatorsoft

So guys was Abhisit in a position to make the decision to step down immediately....to avoid confrontation?

Yes, and on the way out the door he would have said "welcome to mob rule".

Sent from my HTC phone.

Perhaps realising, as the door closed, that a coup could be viewed as close relation of Mob rule, but safe in knowledge his action had avoided confrontation, escalation, and paved the way for a government elected and supported by the voters

Perhaps, or perhaps not.

Sent from my HTC phone.

Rubl:

Sorry if I offended you by suggesting that you were British. I guess I'm not worldly enough to distinguish. I do still wonder what the heck you were saying.

Oh, don't worry old thing. Some of my best friends are British, some even English, imagine biggrin.png

As for what I was saying, you didn't include my post when you asked first time just my name (#121). Difficult for me to respond thenwink.png

Rubl:

Sorry if I offended you by suggesting that you were British. I guess I'm not worldly enough to distinguish. I do still wonder what the heck you were saying.

Oh, don't worry old thing. Some of my best friends are British, some even English, imagine biggrin.png

As for what I was saying, you didn't include my post when you asked first time just my name (#121). Difficult for me to respond thenwink.png

Sorry, the seemingly bizarre rule against too many quotes got me all messed up. The whole meaning of liff and abinger thing... I don't get it.

Sorry, the seemingly bizarre rule against too many quotes got me all messed up. The whole meaning of liff and abinger thing... I don't get it.

Now I understand and I must admit even an English friend just now didn't get it till I PMed details. My excuses, my sense of humour carries me to strange places sometimes.wai2.gif

With 'the Meaning of Liff' I was referring to this

"The Meaning of Liff (UK Edition: ISBN 0-330-28121-6, US Edition: ISBN 0-517-55347-3) is a humorous dictionary of toponymy and etymology, written by Douglas Adams and John Lloyd,[1] published in the United Kingdom in 1983, and the USA in 1984."

http://en.wikipedia....Meaning_of_liff

Edited by rubl

Now I understand and I must admit even an English friend just now didn't get it till I PMed details. My excuses, my sense of humour carries me to strange places sometimes.wai2.gif

With 'the Meaning of Liff' I was referring to this

"The Meaning of Liff (UK Edition: ISBN 0-330-28121-6, US Edition: ISBN 0-517-55347-3) is a humorous dictionary of toponymy and etymology, written by Douglas Adams and John Lloyd,[1] published in the United Kingdom in 1983, and the USA in 1984."

http://en.wikipedia....Meaning_of_liff

Some ex-colonies don't even have holistic detectives.

what

with you being so good at baiting?

you guys can continue to post your anti red shirt nonsense and it still doest make it true

more than 90 people killed and the government of the day is finally 3 years later going to have to answer for it

again as i said before

its about time

ps : go take your troll name calling to another forum or whatever

Dear hugo6

Please watch this video with Michael jon. Maybe it's not all anti red shirt nonsense and maybe abhisit is not a murderer. Or do you think Michael Jon is lying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbOrK5CPuew&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Thaivisa Connect App