Amazing! It Works !

weegee

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading all the threads,my faith in humanity has started to return. I am happy I had the opportunity to contribute something back into society.(only a small token though)...but thats what is needed. Dont you agree?????

Everyone, who, in someway replied .....Thanks.

YING and Yang......

• 2 weeks later...

After reading all the threads,my faith in humanity has started to return. I am happy I had the opportunity to contribute something back into society.(only a small token though)...but thats what is needed. Dont you agree?????

YING and Yang......

Just caught up with this thread weegee. Some great work by yourself. Did you post some photos somewhere of the end result?

YING and Yang......

Just caught up with this thread weegee. Some great work by yourself. Did you post some photos somewhere of the end result?

No but I will if anyone is interested.....maybe tomorrow....bit dark now smile.png

• Like 1

In my experience I believe in listening to a balanced response that represents the views of all.

Of all.

To reject negative comments is to request to hear what you want to hear and that may not be a full and enlightening picture. let alone anything like the simple truth.

The actual fact is tht whilst I totally commend your actions it remains far too easy for any of us to upset our neighbours. And in some cases good community actions can do just that.

For example, It can be interpreted that your actions are provocative and critical of the community. You believe the place to need cleaning; to be dirty. Therefore are you not implying that the residents are themselves responsible and 'dirty'too? If that were the case then you may well upset someone who doesn't agree with you. Also, the very fact you have the time and money to spend on such un-neccesary and luxurious items can incite and offend the less priviledged.

Personally, I remain more circumspect and cautious regarding outward actions that impact upon others, however well intentioned.

Like I say ........... you can reject that as being negative as I disagree with your actions.

and you continue to live in a tip.

YING and Yang......

No but I will if anyone is interested.....maybe tomorrow....bit dark now smile.png

Im sure there would be some interest

In my experience I believe in listening to a balanced response that represents the views of all.

Of all.

To reject negative comments is to request to hear what you want to hear and that may not be a full and enlightening picture. let alone anything like the simple truth.

The actual fact is tht whilst I totally commend your actions it remains far too easy for any of us to upset our neighbours. And in some cases good community actions can do just that.

For example, It can be interpreted that your actions are provocative and critical of the community. You believe the place to need cleaning; to be dirty. Therefore are you not implying that the residents are themselves responsible and 'dirty'too? If that were the case then you may well upset someone who doesn't agree with you. Also, the very fact you have the time and money to spend on such un-neccesary and luxurious items can incite and offend the less priviledged.

Personally, I remain more circumspect and cautious regarding outward actions that impact upon others, however well intentioned.

Like I say ........... you can reject that as being negative as I disagree with your actions.

and you continue to live in a tip.

Dont worry about him Tinfoil, everybody else who posted a thread, knew where i was coming from.....

Great stuff weegee I take my hat off to you.

It has always gone against my grain when I see my Thai relatives being non-chalant with respect to littering. Basically they don't give a rodents rectum.

If you have achieved a small result by example and made your neighbours think just a little bit, then that is a step in the right direction.

Just off on a tangent.....I am still amazed at the amount of "plastic" that is used by Thais in everyday activities......and they just don't seem to care or understand the impact that plastics have on our environment.

That's my rant....I'll get my coat.

Cheers.

Thanks all for your positive replies to this post....

To clear up a point regarding Luxury items, those machines were necessary items, and were sold on except for the Mower, when not required anymore.

I broke even on the deal and achieved a lot... so i was happy.

Anyone else got a project simular they want to do....I have time on my hands, let me know...maybe we can organise something.

After looking at photos of your lovely garden, it doesn't surprise me in the least at what you did. Thanks again.

YING and Yang......

Im sure there would be some interest

+1

Now if we could just get the rest of the TV barstool pundits to get off their lazy butts and do the same - Thailand would really have some progress in this area...

But they won't...because they are lazy.

I agree with this guy - really top notch stuff...

You do know that talking to yourself is a sign of madness don't you. coffee1.gif

Now if we could just get the rest of the TV barstool pundits to get off their lazy butts and do the same - Thailand would really have some progress in this area...

But they won't...because they are lazy.

I agree with this guy - really top notch stuff...

You do know that talking to yourself is a sign of madness don't you. coffee1.gif

madness? nay, it's a sign that no one else is listening to him

Thanks all for your positive replies to this post....

To clear up a point regarding Luxury items, those machines were necessary items, and were sold on except for the Mower, when not required anymore.

I broke even on the deal and achieved a lot... so i was happy.

Anyone else got a project simular they want to do....I have time on my hands, let me know...maybe we can organise something.

I believe you and this is a great way to go. It is more than possible to buy a solid machine for a good price and use it for a big project and then sell it for what you paid for it or even a bit more. If the machine is in really good condition, you may have to do little more than change the oil and put diesel in it. My small excavator's Kubota engine uses less than a gallon an hour. During a day I'm hard pressed to run it for more than 5 hours because there are other things to do whether it be setting up and adjusting levels or doing something by hand. Sometimes I have to wait for other workers to move out of the way.

More often I just have a one or two hour job. I know my excavator, which also has a hydraulic thumb, is worth more than I paid for it.

Good for you for taking the trouble to start what you did. It is sad to see some of the rubbish in LOS.

Well done old boy!...Thats given me the push I need to set up rubbish bins near our local shop.

I shake your hand for taking a stand and being pro active member of your village. Hopefully you have started a falang village movement!

Congratulations on a feel good thread Weegeeclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif Keep Thailand Beautiful!

Thanks all....but I'm nothing special...just normal, doing my bit to live in a clean enviroment...

I got up to go get photos to post here for a couple of you....BUT it's pouring down rain, sorry....maybe later today.

Weegee Ive gotta ask, was it frowned upon by puu ya baan? Its kind of saying you wont do anything so suppose I will. Also digging a big hole on the community centre grounds is illegal. Villages have places for burying rubbish and Im sure the community centre isnt 1 of them.

Let me know. Cheers.

Ok....It's raining here and photos arent that good...

Photo 1 from left, is looking up the street...Notice no rubbish lying around anywhere except the bins in place.

Photo 2 That area was up to 2 mtrs high in places with dumped rubbish. You could not see the community centre from where i took the photo

Photo 3 Looking down the street, for the first time in years

Photo 4 Tried to show some of the Trees that have been planted by the locals.....Rain started pouring again....had to run for cover.

Thanks all....but I'm nothing special...just normal, doing my bit to live in a clean enviroment...

I got up to go get photos to post here for a couple of you....BUT it's pouring down rain, sorry....maybe later today.

Weegee Ive gotta ask, was it frowned upon by puu ya baan? Its kind of saying you wont do anything so suppose I will. Also digging a big hole on the community centre grounds is illegal. Villages have places for burying rubbish and Im sure the community centre isnt 1 of them.

Let me know. Cheers.

No....The local Council, as you would refer to it as, were, and still are behind everything thats progressing. They were present when the great hole was dug, as myself with wife in hand had a meeting with them and told them what we wanted to do...Then everyone got motivated...Villages have places for burying rubbish and Im sure the community centre isnt 1 of them...The Community Centre WAS the local dump as they had no where else to put it...and Trucks come around and empty the bins once a week....To where, I dont know....so please dont ask me that one.

it's a pity it's raining as the place looks quite different and more pleasant to the eye, with the sun out...

Photo 1 from left, is looking up the street...Notice no rubbish lying around anywhere except the bins in place.

Photo 2 That area was up to 2 mtrs high in places with dumped rubbish. You could not see the community centre from where i took the photo

Photo 4 Tried to show some of the Trees that have been planted by the locals.....Rain started pouring again....had to run for cover.

Looks good. Nice and clean and I can see a bin in one shot.

Did you take some before pics as well?

Looks good. Nice and clean and I can see a bin in one shot.

Did you take some before pics as well?

There are now a lot of bins around, for sure, but I run out to get a couple of photos....and photos of bins werent on the priority list.

No I dont think i have any pre photos....I am flat out operating this bloody computerclap2.gifI will check with the wife, if she can get some from the head village man around here....he went mad taking photos to present to the government higher up.

Edited by craigt3365
fixed quotes

Not sure what happened with the last post....it mixed with another....rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

No I dont think i have any pre photos....I am flat out operating this bloody computerclap2.gifI will check with the wife, if she can get some from the head village man around here....he went mad taking photos to present to the government higher up.

tongue.png No problem.

Would be interesting to see the before and afters.

Great initiatve anyway thumbsup.gif

Progress pics of your transformation project would be useful. Also make it easier to believe.

Doesnt matter if you believe me or not.....the only thing that matters is it was done...You are welcome to come visit, but bring old clothes for there is still plenty of work to do...I now progress further, as the locals progress.....that way they stay involved.

I dont think ANYONE, let alone a Thai would complain about making an area cleaner and tidier.....Have YOU tried it???????

Thats a generous offer, how about instead of that just see if mods will pin this thread and rename it to something related to cleaning up the village or making a difference in the community.. and let the thread go forth and prosper!....How about "Help Keep Thailand Beautiful" for a name?..Ive seen threads on TVF before asking "how do you fill in your time" and the likes, so hope this stirs some full time expats to get out there and have a go.wai.gif

Edited by craigt3365
Removed quoted post
  • Like 1

Great topic weegee, and fantastic work. Great story.

One thing to be careful of here is work permits. We've seen stories of people getting into trouble for just being part of their housing estate/condo committee. Doing volunteer work is another sticky area.

You'll probably get away with it, but maybe not. All it takes is one disgruntled person to report you.

wai2.gif